Mens Compression shorts

Options
2»

Replies

• That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    Has anyone tried Eastbay compression shorts?

How do they compare to say Nike Pro Combat? Don't want to buy another pair of those at $30.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I only wear them to keep my **** from flopping around.

This. I hate not wearing them when I workout. I get self conscious. and gym shorts arent exactly good at hiding the goods. compression shorts are a must.

I dont think they really do much for my muscles though...
  • plum1000
    plum1000 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a bit older but wear them at the gym or sometimes doing active things. They are comfortable (translated, cooler and less chafing). Mine are two sizes larger so that they don't compress - they just take the looseness out of the fabric. The apparent style of the day is baggy, which is far more unfriendly than compressions when doing many of the Pilates/Yoga movements at the gym or aggressive stretching on the trail. The bulge here and there for a guy is only a slight negative if you stare in that area... otherwise, it's not really noticeable (I'm usually in a coed class and that's just my observation lol). I have worn them for quick errands after my workouts without known incidents. Love the comfort.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    They're great for hot yoga as they prevent certain muscles from becoming too supportive.
  • plum1000
    Options
    I find that even the Speedo company is making shorts that are designed for wearing as everyday shorts, as are Nike, Adidas, Hurley, Billibong, Quicksilver, and many others. I love the newer stretchy materials. Beltloops and zippers make great all-around walking/hiking/workout shorts that are travel and water friendly. These are the only kind of shorts I bring on many travel vacations because they can work in and out of the pool or on a golf course and shopping mall. Are they compression? Not really... just a lot more fitted than the baggies sold in most stores (and, by those same companies). :laugh:
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Many football players began wearing them because they seemed to reduce the incidence of hamstring pulls. Earl Campbell, during his days at The University of Texas, was one of the first I can remember. Except back then compression underwear didn't exist - he wore a girdle!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Loose fitting comfy shorts going commando...Unless one is into "full contact running". :laugh:
  • plum1000
    Options
    Working out is the focus for me, and I simply wear over-sized compressions to loosen the fit, basically giving me "fitted" shorts rather than squishy shorts (and avoided those detestable baggy shorts), provided the waist fits. Compressions seem to come in several flavors and those designed as shorts have both an elastic waist and a drawstring, like most shorts. These types of compressions, are not designed to wear under other shorts. For a guy, you can choose whether or not to wear something underneath. I mostly favor nice fitting Brazilian-style underwear in coed situations, but can also wear only the compressions. Coolness and freedom of movement are some of my goals. I'm a person that cannot stand heat down below lol. Also, I like the thinnest, wicking material for my compressions. I like the darker colors, usually black, because it's the most modest color for me. Lighter colors seem to invite too much contrast for my male parts which does not fit into my social comfort level :wink: .
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Of all the threads to go zombie, it has to be this one?
  • plum1000
    Options
    I enjoy the commando style for many types of activity... mostly due to my inability to tolerate heat down below. It must have something to do with changes in lifestyle or something because it never seemed to bother me a few years ago. But it depends on activity and outer clothing and is modified by social norms. Basically, I'm after comfort and hygiene.
  • plum1000
    Options
    Gathered elastic waist with a drawstring. It's a pair of shorts, compression or not.

Elastic waist like underwear and no drawstring, it's an undergarment, compression or not.

As for what you can wear to the mall, that's really up to you and your personal motivation. People are going to be people anyway, negative and complaining, or indifferent, or positive, regardless of what you wear (or don't wear :sad: ).
  • plum1000
    Options
    Compression shorts don't have to compress if you don't want them to - just buy a size or two larger (as long as the waist fits).
  • shadowmn
    shadowmn Posts: 2
    Options
    I wear only compression shorts when I go to the gym. I started wearing them under a pair of baggy shorts, and then would remove the baggy shorts on leg days. Now I wear them all the time without anything else. For whatever reason, it motivates me to workout and if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. As far as any visibility of my privates, the right pair of compression shorts (I wear CW-X) will keep everything contained and since they are black, they hardly show anything unless you're looking down there. I don't know what the big deal is. At least I am working out.

I also wear speedos. Long live Lycra...ah ha ha ha
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pair of them. I wear them when I play football, basketball, volleyball and sometimes when I do squats.