Options

Replies

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Love cats

Love dogs

Have owned both

Currently have two Westies (West Highland White Terriers) neat breed :-)
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    german shepherd,

border collie

retriever

love them!!! :-)
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cats are filthy. They walk in their litter boxes, then walk on your kitchen table and countertops, where food is prepared.... disgusting.. Dogs don't do that. One cat will stink up the house worse than 10 dogs, no matter how often you clean the litter box. If they go outside, they crap in the flower beds and kids' sandboxes.Worst of all, they stalk my poultry and have to be trapped or shot. I absolutely hate cats. Dogs Rule!

This.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Pits and labs. Both super loving dogs.
  • Fit4MeAlways
    Options
    English Mastiff

I have a 3 month old puppy and he weighs 36lbs.
    They are as lazy as can be and that makes them great cuddle bugs.
  • gregritchey
    gregritchey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Saint Bernard
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    This morning it's the "stuffed" ones. My puppy is making me crazy!
  • jkmbestself
    jkmbestself Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mutts! I love the genetic misadventures that mother nature has sent my way. I just said good bye to a wonderful Red Heeler Bijon Frieze (looked like a gigantic Chinua), and my daughter recently gifted me with a "Bug" Boston Terrier Pug mix who is currently wrapped around my feet as I am typing this. A friend asked me how I could have another dog so soon after Nellie's passing and I replied I could not imagine my life without a dog in it. They enhance my life more than I enhance theirs I am sure.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Bullmastiff is a huge baby!

Australian Shepherd/Catahoula mix wil be my next running parther. He's too young yet.
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    There are so many..but I guess my top 3 are
    Pomerian
    Australian shepard
    Husky
    :love:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Cocker Spaniels for sure!! I lost my blondie boy about 2 yrs ago to Cancer. He was almost 11yrs old. Now I have 2 black ones..a boy and a girl. They have all been rescues

My parents cocker will be 16 years old in August and she's still going strong!
  • dennisnguyen
    dennisnguyen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Basset Hound
    Dachshund
    Cocker Spaniel
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    A friend asked me how I could have another dog so soon after Nellie's passing and I replied I could not imagine my life without a dog in it. They enhance my life more than I enhance theirs I am sure.

I can't remember his name - but there is a famous UK vet who has a bunch of books about his vet stories - anyways, he always said the best way to get over the passing of a dog is to get a new dog right away.

It makes sense to me. I don't think it is disrespectful to the passed dog at all and the energy, effort, emotion and thought that goes into a new dog would be a great distraction.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE soft spot for Collies. My first dog when I was a kid was a Bearded-Collie and the neighbor kids called him Lassie Dog. After getting married I knew I wanted a dog to be part of our life together, even though my husband never had one growing up. We got Bailey a year and a half ago. She's a Border Collie mix and she's soooo freaking smart and lovable. :)
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    The cat breed. Dogs are awful. Ok not ALL dogs, but most. If I HAD to tolerate a breed, it would be something not smelly, ugly, drooly, doesn't shed, doesn't eat/crap a ton, and doesn't bark all the time or have an annoying yappy voice. What breed would that be? :laugh:

A Basenji.

Short hair, hypoallergenic, 25-35 lbs, but strong, loyal and does not bark.

basenji_Fla.JPG

lg_basenji10.jpg

Cute-Basenji-Puppy.jpg

Love that dog!

I owned two Basenji's, mother and daughter. From a championship line too.

They are all of the above; however, they are, without a doubt, the smartest and most stubborn dog breed ever. They are truly the cat of the dog world. And lastly, the closest to being wild of any breed. If you get more than one, they will pack attack other animals and small children. I'll never forget the day my two 20-30lb dogs got off leashes and cornered a Pit mix. There is a reason they are used to hunt Lions in Africa.

My father had three, but only one at a time. Fascinating dogs, and yes, very intelligent. Had no idea about the 'pack attack' issue, although in retrospect that doesn't surprise me given their use in Africa. I would love to have one in the future, but right now is not really a good time.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The cat breed. Dogs are awful. Ok not ALL dogs, but most. If I HAD to tolerate a breed, it would be something not smelly, ugly, drooly, doesn't shed, doesn't eat/crap a ton, and doesn't bark all the time or have an annoying yappy voice. What breed would that be? :laugh:

A Basenji.

Short hair, hypoallergenic, 25-35 lbs, but strong, loyal and does not bark.

basenji_Fla.JPG

lg_basenji10.jpg

Cute-Basenji-Puppy.jpg

Love that dog!

I owned two Basenji's, mother and daughter. From a championship line too.

They are all of the above; however, they are, without a doubt, the smartest and most stubborn dog breed ever. They are truly the cat of the dog world. And lastly, the closest to being wild of any breed. If you get more than one, they will pack attack other animals and small children. I'll never forget the day my two 20-30lb dogs got off leashes and cornered a Pit mix. There is a reason they are used to hunt Lions in Africa.

My father had three, but only one at a time. Fascinating dogs, and yes, very intelligent. Had no idea about the 'pack attack' issue, although in retrospect that doesn't surprise me given their use in Africa. I would love to have one in the future, but right now is not really a good time.

Most breeds that hunt (not retrieve) will do the pack thing. Terriers do it all the time. Just ask the bunnies who hang out in our yard.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    3 faves, Presa Canaria, Shiba Inu, Rhodesian Ridgeback. Never owned a Shiba Inu, but owned the other two - they were so sweet.
    Sorry no pictures they are just too difficult to post as I don't use a photo sharing program. Google Images if you want to know more.

Edited because I can't spell Shiba, lol

Might want to take another crack at Presa Canario:wink:

Thought I'd change the gender,lol HER name was "Suede" :blushing: Thanks - not too bright last night.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    Boxer. I have one, and hes a silent lizard eating speed demon ninja.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I definitely love them all! Animals are so wonderful and dogs are just so special to have as friends.

But I certainly have a soft spot for the sweet little guys!

Maltese, Havanese, Yorkies, Shih Tzus, Shiba Inus, Pomeranians... :D

I love how when they jump on you, their paws are so soft and gentle. It's difficult to deal with a big dog jumping on you because they don't realize how big they are and those big excited paws can hurt! lol Gotta love 'em though. :P

Oh and I love listening to Huskies and Malamutes howl. It's just the cutest thing. ^_^
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    IMG_2223261339073_zpsff3c2eab.jpg

This adorable thing!! He's a boxer/pit bull mix and the most lovable thing ever. He's so amazing with my girls and very protective of me and our home.