Women with chin length hair, what do you do

Options
124»

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Under Armour makes no slip head bands- only ones I can keep on my head

I've heard about Bolder Bands but have never tried them.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    A wide stretchy cloth headband!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the bandana! Mine's longer, so it goes up!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I made my own head band out of a ski sock.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My wife has this clothy stretchy thing that wraps around her head... She puts it on around her neck, then slips the front over her face and then it pushes her hair back. She uses it primarily for washing her face at the end of the day. She also uses it when exercising.

As you can see I am a non-observant man. I have to make up my own means of describing it :laugh:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I usually pull up the top section into a small pony, for my workouts. Normally I just do a side part and wear it down, or wear a headband with the teeth, so it doesn't just slide off my head.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    Headbands or bandanas. Anything to keep my hair out of my face and off my neck! It's not pretty.....but, it works.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    A wide stretchy cloth headband!

yes this works too! I've cut the sleeves off old t-shirts and used them as sweatbands for working out.
  • marianneread
    marianneread Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, the flip clips. I put as much as I can in a ponytail, clip the sides, and wear a headband. The sweaty bands are great if they fit. My head is too small, so I like these that are adjustable, but have the same velvet-like lining as the sweaty bands so they stay in place without ripping the hair.

http://charmingties.com/

I don't if it helps with the New Zealand shipping, but they sell the sweaty bands on Amazon. You might find a seller near you.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I just cut my hair to a little shorter than chin length, I use colorful snap clips for my bangs and the rest of the hair can just hang behind my ears. the hair bands that are elastic and go all the way around your head just do not work for me.

2insnapclip.jpg
    you can get these at the dollar store

^^ These. Plus an elastic headband for those annoying flyaways. I was so happy when my hair was finally long enough to hold back in a pony tail. (I grew it out from a pixie cut)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    two tiny paintbrush pig tails on the top of my head- or a head band. Or nothing- depending on how much jumping happens.
    Thanks for all the answers. I think I need to invest in a sweatband. I love the look of the sweatybands.com ones but phwoar, international shipping makes it veeerrrrryyyyy expensive lol. Will have to just get a sweatband from the local sports shop

Or if anybody from New Zealand know where to get sweatbands similar to the sweatybands ones, i would be keen to hear from you!
    go to your craft store- buy crushed velvet ribbon (one sided) buy a piece of elastic- but the velvet about 5-8" long. Pin elastic to one cut edge- pull snug to the other side (having a helper may be useful at this point) mark elastic- cut- sew.

make sure the velvet is to the INSIDE - it's grippy and doesn't pull hair like the rubber ones do. If that STILL isn't enough- use a glue gun and add a small line or tiny dots to the sides- or entire inside of the velvet- as much or as little as you like.

paying 15$ for sports head bands makes me crazy LOL
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I wear thick headbands just to keep it off my neck and face area when I start sweating...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I wear a ball cap
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I wear a ball cap

get out of here with that logic.