113 lbs lost in 18 months - Thank you Mean People!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this. Means the world. Reminds us that everything can be done with perseverance. I've really been struggling to stick with it right now. I know this is going to sound so stupid, but I don't feel like I've made progress. I am so far mentally distanced from the person who weighed 335-350 that I can't fathom that that was also me, so I only feel the last bit. I know that sounds crazy, but that is where I am. Even the last 20 I lost only got me back to where I was 18-24 months before, so I feel like it doesn't count. I've had so many setbacks lately, I just want to cry, but seeing this reminds me that all things are possible. Eventually.

Thanks!

It can be achieved it takes time, perseverance as you said, and remembering that we aren't perfect. One of the hardest things for me to learn this time around is I don't have to be perfect I just have to show up and be consistent.

Don't focus on where you were last time, focus on where you are going this time and what you are learning. I can't change what I did yesterday but I can focus on being better today and tomorrow!

Setbacks happen, there are days I went through the motions actually had a few months of those, stress got the better of me, but I kept coming in and I kept logging, finally got my head back in the game and progressed. Some days its just about showing up.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! I think I need to make room for an ice cream maker. :bigsmile:

hell-yeah.gif
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    So many people have already said it....fantastic, amazing, hell yeah! Inspiring!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    OMG AMAZING!!!! you gave me goosebumps!
    can i please add you!?
  • emmaalyssaa
    emmaalyssaa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Holy congrats! You look FABULOUS!!!!
  • ArgyleWerewolf
    ArgyleWerewolf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this – it's wonderful (and very motivating!) to see someone succeed through hard work and perseverance instead of tricks or gimmicks. Congratulations, and enjoy your bike rides!
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Jen I have loved reading your posts and reading your comments on my rambles.... You look amazing and I REALLY must get myself an ice cream maker one day soon.... xXx
  • butterfly_0104
    butterfly_0104 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! Such as inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are simply awesome. Well done and thanks for posting.

This inspires the rest of us, and helps us to believe what is possible.
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look so young!!!! You motivate me!!!! Thanks for posting:smile:
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Good work - sometimes it's all about watching and learning and taking those small steps!
  • jlynn1270
    jlynn1270 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success & new way of life! I also "lurk" the posts and have learned a ton of info!
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic. And so happy, which is even more important!!

I've also benefited hugely from lurking and reading posts and responses from other people without ever posting anything myself. So thanks to everyone who's active on the forums, lots more people appreciate your advise than you'll ever realise!
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank for your honesty, your inspiration and courage. You are an amazing woman inside and out. <3
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow! The description of the change from failing your pulm fx test to biking many miles - that alone made me all teary eyed with pride and I don't even know you.

Clearly you don't need me to tell you you rock. But you rock!!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING!! awesome job. be proud of yourself! thank yourself too because guess who did all the really hard work.. guess who really did it. YOU.
  • bchampagne10
    bchampagne10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrtulation! You're amazing!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!