The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Not having to put the toilet seat down. Yeah, I went there. :-P

To hell with that, it's OK to leave it up.
    We're all adults. I don't huff when a woman leaves it down ( despite my needing it up ) so why should she get annoyed if I leave it up.
    You're a big girl, you Know how a toilet seat works, get over it.

Actually, it is (generally) more efficient overall for the seat to be left down by everyone, at least until the total number of males in the home doubles that of the females.

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/up-or-down-an-efficiency-based-argument-for-optimal-toilet-seat-placement/
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm not single, but the one thing I really, really miss is sleeping without being squished onto one narrow strip of mattress while boyfriend and his limbs and three pillows take up residence directly in the middle of the bed.

Treasure your undisturbed, stretch-out-able rest.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Marry well or not at all. haha
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    GOING SOLO: THE EXTRAORDINARY RISE AND SURPRISING APPEAL OF LIVING ALONE BY ERIC KLINENBERG

http://www.ericklinenberg.com/
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    not having to answer to anyone.....

being the master of your domain...lol
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Not answering to anyone else!

LMAO!! I should have read yours, and just said Ditto!!!
  • serendipitys1003
    serendipitys1003 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Finally being comfortable just being me.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Not having to tell anyone where you are going or what you are doing.
    You don't have to make any compromises.
    You are allowed to think about only yourself instead of how your significant other would feel about it.
    Or like my current situation; no worrying about how many girls your husband is texting and meeting up with. -__-
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Not having to worry about spending time with them...

Downside: not getting laid on a regular basis
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well the girl I loved with all my heart left me today after she said she doesn't feel the same anymore......so I guess been financially better off!!! lol. GOTTA LAUGH AT YOUR OWN MISFORTUNE EH :)
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For me as a person...ti do what I want, I make arrangements for my son if I want to go out and go out. For me as a mom...I can raise my son how I see fit and makd sure the values are instilled that I want in him and I dont have to worry about someone else not doing the same.
  • Releven
    Releven Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Best part of being single?

18 straight hours of league of legends, no pants, summer shandy, pizza and/or wings and F Bomb tourettes without being told to stop acting like a child.

If you are reading this honey, don't get mad, I love you.
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not having to watch crappy romcoms!! haha
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Not having to watch crappy romcoms!! haha

Ditto on that.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    You can do whatever, whenever, wherever :P
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I can pick up and go eat when ever and wherever I want.
    One less birthday/anniversary/Christmas/valentines day gifts to buy
    No questions when I come home for a Girls night out
    I can actually call the numbers that I get when I go out!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It can be nice being in a couple, but dear lord I love having my bed all to myself and being able to make decisions about things like what to have for dinner, what movie to watch, what tv show to watch, how much money I spend, etc. without having to consult with another person first! It is awesome. Of course, I blame myself for choosing the wrong guys. Most of my past relationships have been pretty similar to raising a teenager even though most of them have been my same age or older.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Not having to shave certain other parts either...

I was going to say that!

I'm married, though, so it must be done.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Complete Independence!!

I've been happily married for over 10 years now, BUT in my early to mid 20's I was single and lived alone. I went on dates here and there, but I LOVED the single life!

I could do what I wanted, who I wanted, lol, made great friends, and so much more. I cannot understand people who need to be with someone all the time. Break up and immediately find a new significant other. The three + years that I was a bachelorette were great. I think everyone needs to have some time to be on their own. Find out who they really are before settling down - if that is your thing.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    The ability to pretty much do whatever I want and go wherever I want whoever I want : )