Best workouts to tone abs???

Options
124»

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    best workout for abs is....... Kitchen workout...

Lots of nutrition quality and shredding pounds.... you won't see abs until you're under 9% body fat .... (some exceptions) but most of the time.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting to tone my abs (I know I can't spot reduce that's not what I'm saying I just want to focus on abs mostly right now) I'm looking for some great ab workouts that will show visible toning thanks for any tips! :-)

Plate pushbacks.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting to tone my abs (I know I can't spot reduce that's not what I'm saying I just want to focus on abs mostly right now) I'm looking for some great ab workouts that will show visible toning thanks for any tips! :-)
    No but you did actually ask for spot reduction.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You guys have been a bit harsh, don't you think? If you wanted to make a point then think about how you might be coming across and treat her with some respect. If you had said this to a woman in real,life you would have probably had your face slapped.

Nuff said.

xgd303.jpg

Uh, no. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    another dose of MFP love

strong here, as per usual.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    dont listen to these haterz gurl!

just do crunches! washtub abs in no time!
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Plate pushbacks.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anabarbarosie
    anabarbarosie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, honey :)

I'm going to be frank with you - everybody saying you need to focus on your nutrition rather than ab workout is right. The truth is that there's no point in doing that. Just don't do any ab exercises. Why? I will try to explain as briefly as possible: when your body fat percentage is higher than 20, you're working the covered muscles - you'll train something that will not show until you get under 20% BFP. The fat will NOT DISAPPEAR with crunches! You can read more about this topic here http://www.mydreamshape.com/body-fat-abs The abs are made in the kitchen!

So...

Now I'm going to try to help you with the food. I believe you've heard about BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). This is how you calculate it: (for women) BMR = 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
    Now add the calories you burned at the gym on a day and that's the calories you burn per day.
    For example, my BMR is 1258.85 and I burn 600 calories in the gym = 1858.85 calories.

Then there are the calories you eat. How do you calculate how many you need? Well, easy. You need to set a calorie deficit. Don't eat too much, but neither should you go too low on the daily calories. Just eat your macros and micros and it will be fine. You can use this site as a reference http://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-deficit/ This is the only way you can achieve an ab that needs exercising!

Your workouts should consist of cardio and weights (on different days, preferably).

Good luck and...don't forget: you have to be consistent in order to see real results!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    No but you did actually ask for spot reduction.

perhaps she meant "*so I* will show visible toning *when the fats gone"
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    This horse has been beat to death, let it go?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if they are still hammering away in the PF thread, then i can still waste time here lol