Thoughts on Keto?

Options
2»

Replies

• flipfit
    flipfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Keto (2 weeks), but after doing some research, I've set my macros at 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs, but this can vary a little. I try to keep my carbs under 10%. I eat 1400 calories a day, and have lost 8 pounds so far in 12 days.
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love it. Today is day 100, I've lost 38 pounds, and I feel soooo much better when I'm eating keto (more energy, no heartburn!). Sounds like you're already off to a good start with reading up and learning about it. If you decide to give it a try, there's lots of good support in the keto groups here and on Reddit. Good luck with whatever you choose. :smile:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Honestly I gave low-carb (Ketosis) a legitimate try recently.

I spent about 6 weeks at under 20 net carbs a day.

I was tired, sluggish (that energy boost everyone else gets, didn't happen), foggy minded, weak, constantly hungry, famished, hangry and emotional the entire time.

It was miserable.

And, I got sick, truly sick, and missed two days of work, for the first time in years.

20 net carbs is not enough for me to take in the fruit and veg level my body thrives on.

I've seen it do "miracles" for others, but my body doesn't jive with it's chemistry.

I went back to normal Paleo (which is still pretty low carb) but I've been really enjoying bananas, mangos, and sushi!

I love not caring less if I go over 20 carbs and my keto stick is clear than I feel sluggish for days because I just couldn't live without another serving of veg. That's kind of like intentionally dieting yourself into sickness.

Good luck!

Do what works for you.

PS I lost 0 weight in keto. I truly believe what I did lose was water weight because I started in the 180's, ended in the 180's, and I'm still in the 180's. Lots of suffering for 0 progress.

6 weeks at 20 carbs is not necessary. I never did any induction phase or anything like that- just set my macros to 50 net carbs and went from there. Now, I aim for 50 but if I hit 100 a couple days a week I dont' worry about it.