The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• sassypoppet
    sassypoppet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow... This was interesting to read.

I do what I want, married, now widowed, and single.

Having said that, I AM respectful - period.

That's the biggest key of all... in my world. I'm also old enough to cut bait when someone is anything I don't want (of course, within reason), because if we were all perfect, gawd knows we wouldn't be here, now would we?

YMVV
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't remember but re-learning it now. I guess actually being able to accept attention from other females rather than blowing them off.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have a list, but only because I've been single all my life! Never had a serious relationship (dates here and there, just nothing long-term).

Pros:

Being able to sleep like a starfish in my double bed!
    Not having to tell anyone where I'm going or what I'm doing.
    Can stay up late/get up early without having someone complain.
    Can use up all the hot water in the shower if I want to!
    If I want to live off just Ramen noodles for the week, I can (Not healthy obviously, but can't be arsed to cook).
    Can hog the tv remote as much as I want!
    Can sit in front of tv for long spurts (e.g. tv marathon) and not give a damn.
    I can wizz with the door open!
    Pass wind...and not care! I like not having to hold it in at home. (Yes, us women do pass wind)

I'm married and still do most of these things.
  • sassypoppet
    sassypoppet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm married and still do most of these things.

Right?
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I've been married for almost 5 years, and the only real thing that I miss from being single is probably just being reckless. Now that I have a kid and a wife my responsibilities are much more important. It's not just me I have to take care of. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade my family for the world. I could be much more of an adrenaline junkie and do crazy **** when I was single.
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    Independence, fewer responsibilities/expectations, sleeping better (no snoring! or sick person coughing), eating cereal for dinner if I want, less cooking and cleaning, silence
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Wake-up in the morning, opening the fridge and seeing that everything is still there.
    Other great benefit: time.

QFT. No need to read any further,
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not having to answer to anyone about anything!!!!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Not having to shave the legs. You can go a week and nobody cares.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I've been able to do most of the stuff above while being married. Oh well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    How about never having sex? How's that working out for all the single people?

Edit: For people with poor english and social comprehension by "never having sex" I specifically mean having to really put in effort, time and silly "dates" to get laid on occasion vs essentially having sex whenever you so feel like when you're being in a relationship.

i guess you assume that everyone married in a relationship is having SEX everynight......not so fast my friend.....that is not true.....maybe in your relationship it is true...but there are many relationships that are the opposite
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Been a long time . . . don't remember what it was like.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Farting with abandon? I mean I guess you can do that when you're in a relationship but I like to maintain at least a small sense of mystery when I'm with someone.

Also:
    Not waking up sweating because your significant other is like a freakin radiator under the covers
    One night stands
    Making big life decisions based on what YOU want and not what you BOTH want
    Spending holidays with your own family and not splitting your time
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    How about never having sex? How's that working out for all the single people?

Edit: For people with poor english and social comprehension by "never having sex" I specifically mean having to really put in effort, time and silly "dates" to get laid on occasion vs essentially having sex whenever you so feel like when you're being in a relationship.

Also just want to add, have you really never been single and had a FWB? The effort to get them over any night I want is exactly 0%. The butthurt is strong with this one.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    June 24, 2014 12:36 AM
    not having to shave your legs on a daily basis.
    Not having to shave the legs. You can go a week and nobody cares.

Man, Megan REALLY hates shaving her legs! :wink:

The best part about being single? Watching married people come into threads like these and try to convince everyone they're happy too.

If you're so happy being married, it's weird you'd check a thread like this... :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PRMinx
    Options
    There are a lot of great things that come with being single. There are a lot of great things that come with being attached.

I think I'll know I found the right guy when I have a bit of the best of both worlds.
  • CoolFellow
    CoolFellow Posts: 21
    Options
    Independence.....servicing self.....!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Independence.....servicing self.....!

Can you not service yourself in a relationship?