that one healthy food you hate...

Options

Replies

• butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Celery was put on this planet by Satan himself.....
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Raw onions. Get them out of my salad NOW!
    Radishes
    Protein powders, I've never found one that doesn't taste horridly synthetic and give me jitters.

Green smoothies, so beloved of health bloggers. I will happily eat any green cooked, and prefer baby spinach to lettuce in a salad, but the addition of spinanch or kale to a perfectly nice juice or smoothie to turn it into dubiously coloured sludge is wrong.
  • Lozibeth
    Lozibeth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Celery was put on this planet by Satan himself.....

Oh man I have tried to like it so many times but YUK!!!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Fish, and courgette. Eww

And yeah I cope by not eating them.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Avocado the only use for it is guacamole

Cauliflower pickled otherwise YUCK well it might be alright deep fried

And olives absolutely hate olives

But it's all good cause there are so many other foods I love :)
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    AVACADO! :noway:

Blimmin' cheese pear. Ick.
  • rowboc22
    rowboc22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Defo agree, cant stand Avacado normally but i quite like guacamole.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I do not like cucumbers.
    Can handle them in small amounts mixed in salad or sandwiches if I have to but prefer not to.

Raw celery. - but cooked and in things is ok.

Watermelon - I am only person I know who dislikes this - just tastes like wet straw IMO.

Cottage cheese - cant stand lumpy texture.

Raw oysters.

Lambs fry and any other offal products.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Green smoothies, so beloved of health bloggers. I will happily eat any green cooked, and prefer baby spinach to lettuce in a salad, but the addition of spinanch or kale to a perfectly nice juice or smoothie to turn it into dubiously coloured sludge is wrong.

Haha. Agreed!
  • candyfliss1985
    Options

Defo agree, cant stand Avacado normally but i quite like guacamole.

Me too, I think its just something about its horrible mushy texture. Bleurgh!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine is Kale. I simply won't eat it.
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options

CELERY! its vile.

I concur
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Especially when trying disguise it as something else. And sprouts of any kind, might as well go out in the backyard and eat tree seed pods.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Especially when trying disguise it as something else. And sprouts of any kind, might as well go out in the backyard and eat tree seed pods.

Ugh, you reminded me of alfalfa sprouts. WHY. they're so wrong.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Rubarb :sick:
  • nufertiri
    nufertiri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anything that comes from the Sea, Lake or river.

No, no and No, Not baked, broiled or fired in a pan, "I will not eat seafood said Katie I am".
    Agree 100%. And I can't hear the statements "Try this (fish dinner) - it doesn't taste like fish" - Yes it does - also smells fishy :sick:

And I can't make myself eating anything grean leafy (spinach, salad, ...). But drinking those green smoothies works surpisingly well - strange me :happy:
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. I've never eaten a mushroom and not felt like I was chewing on a human finger.

Nice. I dislike mushrooms as well due to the texture. Now I'm going to use this line.

I'm in total agreement with regards to celery. I just can't eat it by itself. Diced in some salad, doesn't bother me.

I also agree with the fish statement with the exception of some game fish. I like shark, tuna, marlin, and swordfish. Most other fish just tastes like a mouthful of riverwater.
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    GRAPEFRUIT.

Yuck.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes. I'm a Southern girl who hates. Sweet. Potatoes. Think of all the shame I endured growing up when I wouldn't eat the casserole with browned marshmallows on top. Why ruin a perfectly good marshmallow by gluing it to that mealy, sticky, orange goo? Even just baked I can't stand them. I wish it were otherwise, I know they're slightly better nutritionally than a white potato, but I just can't do it.

Also, oatmeal. Again, texture. Gak.

Let's play Settlers of Catan, and I'll trade you all my sweet potatoes and oatmeal for all your avocados. Two for one, that's a really good trade!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    not sure what is categorized as healthy or not healthy since food is fuel but the one "healthy" food I can't seem to enjoy is plain steel cut oats.