Replies

• Aperplexity
    Aperplexity Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Great post. Slack-jawed at the outbreak of stupid. As a literary nerd, I weep a little for these people who can't take the time to read a few paragraphs. Has the culture of immediacy so stupefied us? If it's more than 140 characters, is it too long to read before you chime in? Not to minimize 'real' abusive relationships, but even if you missed it in the narrative, have you not read any comments by the 80% of people who seem to have gotten it?

LOLz. 4 characters.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    PSSSST...*whispers loudly* OP means HERSELF.

I'm sure that was pointed out already in the first five pages, though. (I certainly hope it was.)

ETA: great post, OP. :drinker:
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm living proof yuo can do it, sweetie!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    This person always compares me to other girls. Always grabs my baby fat. Always picks and points to the things I am most insecure about. Constantly tells me how fat and unattractive I am. To make matters worse, this person isn't very motivating. Always says how I can't do this exercise, or when I do, how moronic I look. This is suppose to be the person I love most in the world, and they make make me feel like garbage on a daily basis. Why am I not good enough for this person? It hurts.

So I've decided to break up with this person. End this terrible relationship. It's taken years of abuse to finally come to this decision. I'm breaking up with my bad attitude and horrible outlook. The hardest relationship to end is the one with your negative self image.

From this day forward, I vow to be kind to myself. I vow to put on a bathing suit and rock it with pride. I vow to work my butt off, but not feel guilty about a cookie with my son. I earned this body by making a beautiful baby. I will never get rid of the stretch marks and I will never look like I did before, but I am finally going to start listening to my amazing husband and see myself as the beautiful sexy woman he tells me I am. I will continue to work hard, because I want to be in great shape, but it will not come from the abuse of my negativity.

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”

― Audrey Hepburn

98141a987c5ce8252c4bac6bbc36c457.jpg
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    "If you don't love me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best."
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! Excellent post and best wishes to you -- give yourself a hug every day!!:flowerforyou:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OP, excellent post. We are much bigger a-holes to ourselves than we would EVER tolerate other people being.

I think many people in this thread need to break up with their lack of reading comprehension skills. It's bad enough when people don't read a thread before commenting, but please people - at least read the f'ing post first.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Complete reading fail on my part lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lol at all the ones that didn't read
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post, but the reading comp fail responses are competing for the win
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, well written, well said! A lot of people needed to see this! I for one am glad I did!

Edited to add - I tell people all the time be kind to yourself and I forget to do it myself! Takes a lifetime of learning, I guess.
  • _sherbear_
    _sherbear_ Posts: 18
    Options
    Love this post! How true that is for some of us! Thank you for sharing that!
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Good for you :flowerforyou:

Karma will get back at him, so its best not to kill him lol.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good for you :flowerforyou:

Karma will get back at him, so its best not to kill him lol.
    UGHHHHHHHHH

Read people, READ.
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This made me tear up a little.

My bad attitude and I have a love/hate relationship.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, this was a well-done post. If you wrote a blog on it, I guarantee it'd be highly voted--it's well worth reading.

Too bad people are revealing their stunning levels of intelligence by failing to read more than five words. Or, you know, failing to understand literary devices.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You're so right, OP!

Am I the only one who expected it to be about herself before I even opened the post???
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I think some posters think you are referring to a man, when you are in fact referring to your own negative outlook. You've stated you have a supportive and complimentary husband. Reading comprehension, folks.

Congrats, and I love your outlook!
    LOL I had such a snarky urge to say, "TL, DR, Just break up".

And yes, I read it and totally agree! I think we are our own worst enemies and harder on ourselves than our loved ones are. I am glad you are getting rid of that mean side of yourself that makes you feel like crap. :flowerforyou: