No-BInge Challenge

Options
Binging has been a problem for me for over 10 years and I would really like to stop. I have been dealing with it and what brings me to do it for about the last six months. While I would say the frequency of binges has decreased substantially, I have still not gone for longer than a 6 day stretch without a binge.

I know my binges stem from a number of different things including loneliness, avoidance, or boredom but I think one of the main reasons it persists is because it is a deep seeded habit. So, this challenge is going to be a 21 day challenge (because I have read that that's how many days it takes to break a habit). Of course, I am planning/hoping to continue without binging after the 21 days but I figured the 21 day would be a good # for the challenge.

I would love to have people join me in this challenge because I think support would really be helpful. The official start date is tomorrow January 13 and the end date is February 2/let's hope it never ends (or better yet, maybe it will stop being a challenge). I plan to post my progress every day except 1/19-1/23 (I'll be away and not sure about internet access!). But, I'll report on those days when I return.

Join Me!! :)

Replies

• rckchik13
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I struggle with binge eating also. How should we report our progress? Just post a reply saying that we made it through the day?
  • spindowntime
    Options
    Yea, I think each day get onto this thread and report that you've gotten through the day...OR if you feel a binge coming on, get on this thread or roam anywhere on MFP and reach out for support!
  • spindowntime
    Options
    So glad to have you here!!
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Great! Happy to be here. I will check in tomorrow. :o)
  • briarashley
    Options
    oh i want to join this too! please!
  • spindowntime
    Options
    oh i want to join this too! please!

YAY!! Happy to have you!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to join. I will log my progress tomorrow.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Yes count me in And exactly what do you called a binge.? What i heard is when you have a binge you eat everything in sight? Or eat the whole cake, PIe or whatecer?Calie
  • rckchik13
    Options
    For me it is everything I can get my hands on. It really doesn't even matter if I like the food I'm eating. I will eat until I feel like I'm going to throw up and then eat some more. It usually happens when I get depressed. It's comforting. But now I'm ready to deal with my issues in a different way. I'm hoping like Spindowntime said in the first post that this will stop this bad habit for me too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I really think this is the root of all of us . Binging. , I know if there is cake in the house I will keep nibbling on it till it is all gone or anything I should not have I will keep eating it until there is no more. And I know better But I can't stopped. I did have a good day today. It could have been better. But I still have some ritz crackers in the pantry And usally if I open a pkg. I don't quit till its all gone. I think this is what I need.. I loved those things.I am going to call this my confession group.
    :sad: :blushing: Calie
  • fwitsy
    fwitsy Posts: 4
    Options
    I would love to join as well! My binging has been a source of guilt and misery for years. Count me in :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had a no binge eating lst night. Thanks to this thread and knowing their are others like me. you understand what I am going thru. I t is nice to belonge to this group This is really hitting home. I need it. Love Calie
  • spindowntime
    Options
    Hey CalieCat, so glad you're here!! I wanted to post for day 1. It was a difficult day at work, very busy and no time for lunch-usually a day that would totally set me up to come home and binge. But I made sure to snack on steel cut oat bars and I bought a delicious, filling and easy dinner so I could throw it together in 30 seconds when I got home. It is absolutely wonderful to know you all are out there focusing on the same difficult goal. So for me-DAY 1, NO binge :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    spindowntime
    I haven't heard of a steele cut oak bar before. What is the brand name??
    Concgrats on a no binge day, I did real well too. But it is not ea Caliecat.

What a cute dog you have, I have a little Jack Russell.
  • rckchik13
    Options
    WooHoo! Day 1 is done and I didn't binge! Bring on Day 2!
  • viola5618
    Options
    congrats to everyone who's binge free! I just found this and would like to share, when i need to avoid a binge i try to keep my mind busy. I work out, clean, grab a glass of water, anything to keep me out of the drive thru, out of the fridge. PRAYERS to everyone, you can do it!
  • wow i really really need this!! is it to late to join??:blushing:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I had a small binge yesterday :(
  • spindowntime
    Options
    All are welcome!! Please join...it's day 2 :) of 21 days but of course I would like to be binge free beyond 21 days so any time is a good time to join!!
  • meriann
    Options
    I need to join. I have the same problem. I know I'm a day late (and have already binged for the day) but can I join?