Anyone else 5ft 9in?

Options
2»

Replies

• lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and somewhere in between an hourglass shape and a pear shape. At my heaviest weight of 187.4 pounds, I was in size 14 long jeans. Now, at 165 pounds, I can still wear my 14's, but stretchy 12's fit comfortably. I fit into my non-stretchy 12's, but they are a little tight. I usually wear large shirts for the length, but the fit is better in mediums a lot of the time.

My UGW is 145, so I'm hoping to be comfortably in 10's at that point. I have lost a few inches (belts are on the inside notches now!), but so far, the biggest change I've noticed is that my boobs are smaller. My bras fit so much better now than they did at my heaviest, which is a good thing. Gotta keep on trucking and get the weight off my hips and butt now! :)

And just as a side note, it seems like my weight has fluctuated between 165-190 over the past 7 or 8 years....and I've always worn size 14 jeans.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 140 pounds, and pear shaped; small torso and waist, carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. At my highest weight of 158 I wore a size 10 pants. Now I'm a size 6 pants, size small shirts.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Bumping to hear all the answers.
  • boomerette
    boomerette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 6'3" and USED to be a size.8, that was before 4 kids. I am currently just fitting a 10 but would like to nicely fit a 10 and make it back to size 8. Being a tall woman, clothes are pricey, so I need to fit back into the clothes I have again so I dont have to spend a fortune to look deasent. I started at 145lbs in my 20's, people were worried i was too thin. Then I got married and instantly gained 20lbs, then had a child, and was at 167lbs so only gaining 2lbs after the next two kids as well. But then baby #4 is here and I am at 190lbs needing and wanting to get back to 167!!! If i dont change soon i am going to be in size.12 and weigh more than my husband who is 6'4". I am finding it difficult to plan meals for 4 boys plus myself that are healthy and filling. Anyways there i got rambling!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" pushing 5'10". Started at a size 24 (268lbs) :noway: and currently sitting in a size 16(216lbs), though I just bought a 14 dress last week!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    5'9" here...

At 220, I wear mostly 16's or XL. Last year, I was down to 204... guess what... I was STILL wearing 16's. Right now my 16's are a bit snug - and last wyear they were quite loose, but I still couldn't fit into 14's.
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Kinda weird to see all these posts and yet I have the largest size. One day I'll be like all of you in smaller sizes though. SW:299, size 26. CW:279, but still in a 26, although they are beginning to be loose.
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    5'9... highest weight 165 while preggo, both times. After second baby, 158ish, currently 143, trying to get to back to 135 when I wore size 7/8. I currently wear size 8/9, depending on the brand and how i'm feeling that day. I tend to carry all my weight on my thighs so pants either fit my waist and not my legs or my legs and not my waist. But I try not to focus to much on weight because since I'm taller I can weigh more than my shorter friends but still carry the weight well.... At least I think so. Lol.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently weigh 202 and am a size 14. Measurements 44-34-44
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9, am currently 135lbs with 22%BF - dont want lose any more lean weight as such - just get body fat down below 20, ideally 18-19%. Wear a size 10-12 UK or 6-8 US.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Lol it's all in my signature.. But I'm 5'9... Smallest weight ever was 130.. My heaviest was 194.5, my current weight is 171.3... Smallest jeans size ever was a 7 ... But I prefer 9/10... Highest jeans size was 14/15...current Jean size is 11... I'm hour glassed shaped... Smalled size shirt was extra small... Largest size shirt was large..im currently between medium and small
    depending on the shirt. My goal weight for now is 135-140. I look toned lol but I'm not and got ways to go (and I think that's because I used to be really toned when I ran track) .... Its weird for me because 160 doesn't look right one for 5'9 and so 135-140 is better for my body shape. It makes me looked porportioned in the right way

You're gorgeous! Just in case you didn't know. :)

Aww thank you! :)
  • jennabdrinkwater
    Options
    Im 5ft 9 inches a size 14 im quite a big build and weigh 158 pounds
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    No. I wish :( 5'2
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see the sizes. 5ft 8in - 175lbs. I wear between a 14-16 in pants.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10..at my heighest..about 170 I was a 12-14 (uk size) now, at 146 I'm an 8-10 (Depending on dress/skirt or sometimes a 6 in a top) another 6 to lose to be back to where clothes looked best on me and I felt most comfortable.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9".
    Started out at 168lbs, in size 12/14 bottoms, large tops.
    Currently 137lbs, in size 6/8 bottoms, small/medium tops.

I've got pretty wide hip bones, so I don't think it's too likely that I'll get down to a size 4 just because they won't fit over my hips. I think I'll end up solidly in size 6's at my goal weight. Most of my inches have been lost from my bust, legs and waist.
  • emilyjm87
    emilyjm87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's funny how different people can be the same height/weight but different dress sizes. I suppose it depends on your shape and how you carry the weight.

I'm 5'8.5" and currently 152 lbs and a UK size 8/10 on top and a 10/12 on bottom (I'm pear shaped so very 'hippy'.

at my highest I was around 180 and a size 14

Ideally I'd like to be a comfortable size 8 in jeans, hoping to get to 140lbs and reassess from there :)
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Boy this was an oldie! 2011?!

Anyhoo.... I'm 5'10 and currently 221. I wear a loose size 18 bottom and a L or XL top (how's that for a pear, eh?)

My highest I was 247 and a size 18/20. Isn't that stupid. I can still wear all the same clothes I wore when I was 26 pounds heavier, they just look less snug now. Dammit, sometimes being a tall girl is ridiculous.

My smallest in my life I was about 175 and wore a size 10. I am definitely big boned. I'm shooting now for about 160, but I suspect that will still be a size 10. I can't imagine being smaller than that...my legs are just too huge. Even when I was 175, I carried all my muscle in my *kitten* and legs...there wasn't a lot of fat on them back then.