How much weight did you lose your first week on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds my first week. This is toward the end of my second week, and I've lost 0.4 pounds. My net calorie goal is 1200, and I exercise four times a week for around 40 minutes each day.

It's like everyone says -- give your body a month or so to get used to the new lifestyle changes you're putting it through. That's where you'll start to see the real progress.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I am on my first week and I won't be weighing in for a few more days but my calri goal to loose 1 1/2 pounds a weeks is 1400. I'm eating all of that...lol...and if I excercise I'm gonna eat more! I am more excited for the inches lost over the pounds though...to me the scale is a number and my measurment is the most accurate way of knowing how well I'm doing:) Good luck on your weight loss and please let me know you week 1 end result.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started last week and I lost two pounds, and then I lost one this week.
  • carmen62
    Options
    I lost 2 pound and even though I haven't recorded the weight, it has gone up and down. I know I am trading fat for muscle as I can see it (been exercising everyday, usually exercise 2-3 times a week). I am not too worried as I have eaten really well, have not gone hungry, have kept on or around my 1200 calorie intake, exercised, look and feel better... I will try an wean myself off the scales and just look once a week, as I know it is discouraging. I am determined for a steady weight loss and lifestyle correction. The fast loss bounces back on fast as well, if the changes aren't permanent and sustainable.:
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ZERO. (Glad to see others have had similar issues!) Lost 0 on my 2nd week (exercised 3-4x each week), and 0 for most of my 3rd week. I think I may have even gained a pound. The last week I exercised 6 times that week with 30-35 minute duration and then finally dropped 2lbs. My goal loss is about 15-20. Dealing with the appropriate water intake was a challenge for the first couple weeks because it was nothing but bathroom breaks all the time seemingly. The body is more used to it now and so that has changed!

If it weren't for being able to notice my arms and calves becoming more toned I have been tempted at times to say screw it because the weight is coming off so slowly. BUT I am shooting for a lifestyle change here to be just more overall healthy and so just keeping the long term goals in mind helps my discouraging moments.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    probably about .5 to 1. honestly the first month was hard not to mention the first week. honestly sticking to calorie and exercise goals is not easy. i still struggle with it after a 105 day logging streak, but I am down 12 pounds, so something is working ;) every little bit counts. dont get tied up in the first week.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so different my start weight is 249.9 and I lost 4.1 lbs in 5 days we will see where that goes!! lol
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Hi I lost 5lbs the 1st week - On 1200 calories - I'm 5ft 1 1/2 but I did 90 minutes of exercise twice a day for 7 days!! I was hoping for a bigger loss!!
  • ThePortugee
    ThePortugee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I Gaines a couple the first five days but by day eight was down five so the start can be rough but hang in there it gets more consistant as the month goes on
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    12-30-10 276.2
    o1-05-11 267.9 down 8.3
    01-12-11 267.2 down .7
    but there is way more to it...lots of ups and downs.
    i gain before i lose every time i lose. if you stick with it and try to ignore the numbers you will do fine.
  • haileemou
    haileemou Posts: 153
    Options
    I lost nothing for months!
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lbs. MOST of which was water.
    I jog with my dog, dance while doing clothes and cleaning, walk to work almost everyday twice a day. (about a mile and a half each way).
  • Flintstones
    Options
    I lost 2 kg in my first week using Diet Chef and MFP in combination. I have 23 kg to go which sounds so much better than 25Kg!

And for the first time in my life understand the need to eat my exercise calories and hey presto I got results. After years of staying at a static weight despite a heatlhy diet and plenty of exercise. Thats my one change! and on most days I have not eaten all of my exercise calories even,
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds my first week. I don't like using the word lose though because when you lose something there is usually an intention of finding whatever you lost. I perfer the term...got rid of.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost about 3.5 pounds the first week. I cut back on my sugar, flour and wheat and I worked out 4 times that week. I drank 1/2 my body weight in water everyday!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs. I have 1900 calories a day, and I really was bad with tracking all my foods and went over often. This is the start of my second week and I'm trying to be really aware of my calories and get a lot of exercise in this weekend. I'm having surgery next Friday so I especially have to learn how to moderate my food better....either way, eat your calories, work out, and while there will be some gains along the way, you will lose weight! Good luck!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a month because I hate seeing water weight fluctuations. I'd rather weigh in once a month, then have days where I feel disheartened.

That being the case, my first month I lost 10 pounds, which is a little over two pounds a week.

Shannon
  • paulag88
    paulag88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1lb in my first week. Started drinking the water yesterday and feel better for it already. Also planning more exercise time! :)
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds in about 6 days. My allowed caloric intake is 2010. I was significantly under that most days. I exercised minimally. I believe it was mostly water weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!