How did your bra size decrease?

Options
124»

Replies

• dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was probably around a 40G when I started working to lose weight. At 5 foot 3, I was all boobs.

I've lost 65 pounds, going from 195ish to 130, and I'm now a 34F--and I'm not sure that's exactly what my size is, but that's the bra size that fits me well in Victoria's Secret, whose bras I can now wear again. At some point, I will get remeasured officially, but for now I'm happy with where I am. :-)
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mostly band size. Cup is technically same but a smaller-same size...if that makes any sense?!
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So far have only gone down in band size. Wishing the cup size will decrease as I lose a few more pounds.

Especially as my roomie pointed out that my boobs are "sticking" out more these days. Um...thanks for that observation!!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I actually got some new bras today, I found some nice 34D's that fitted perfectly so I'm ok again for a bit, I must say it's nice to feel supported again even if it's another cup size gone.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    If you're unsure of your bra size, please watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ

This was seriously eye opening for me. I went from barely fitting a 40D bra to realizing I was a 38F. Made a WORLD of difference.

I haven't measured myself completely since dropping 18 pounds, but I do know I've gone from 38 to 36 and my boobs feel a bit smaller.

I'm "thirding" this post. I was a certified bra fitter during my college years. This is how you measure yourself. Do it. Pay special attention to the part when she says that 90% of the support comes from the band. The straps are just to keep your bra on, not to hold the girls up. It'll make your back feel so much better.

I measure myself when I do the rest of my measurements, so I'll know when I need to change bra sizes.

Understanding how bras are sized will help you understand why your boobs look smaller, but you stayed the same cup size. Or why you went up a cup size (or more) when you lost weight.

Lets say you started at a 38C and went down to a 36C. Your band measurement went from 38" to 36" and your bust measurement went from 41" to 39" (3 inch difference = C cup). So you did lose in your boobs as well.

If your measurements went from 38" to 36" in your band measurement and your bust stayed at 41", you would have gone from a 38C (3 inch difference) to a 36DD (5 inch difference). Your cup size went up because of the change in your band size, not because your boobs grew.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Options
    I just went and watched the video and I did a pretty good job with the new bra I'm wearing, everything's where it should be.

I liked the lying over to get your measurement for the cup size, I have boobs that breastfed so as I've lost weight my boobs look empty but in the right cup size they feel fab and look fab and feel secure. The lying over is not a position I enjoy, really I have such old lady boobs, balloon filled with water come to mind (I can't believe I'm actually sharing that!) but it honestly was right so I for one will recommend the video totally as a customer.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the brand. I was 38 DD, now 34 C to 34 DD. I switched brands though so hard to compare, some 36 DD still fit too...
  • Tracey_B_72
    Options
    I'd still always try before I buy, I tried in 6 and only 3 fitted well
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have and always will have a 38 around due to my barrel chest...
    But I used to be a C and now I'm a high A low B.
    :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My band has gone from 40 to 36. Now the 36 is on the tightest hooks, which is half annoying because I just bought these two new bras a few weeks ago. But only half annoying because, yay, getting in shape. My cup size has not changed.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Even when your cup size is "the same" the volume of the cups decreases as your band size decreases. So a 36B is the same cup volume as a 34C, 32D, 30DD... KWIM? A B is not a B across the board.

So I was a 36B, then a 34C, now I'm measuring a 30D but that's really hard to find so I wear a 32C.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    To answer your question though, band and cup size decreased at the same rate until I hit <30 around the band. That's apparently as small as I'm going to get around, but I've lost an additional cup size since then.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Didn't change. I carried most of my weight on my lower section.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    At my biggest I was wearing a DD38 (probably incorrect size). 100lbs later I am now wearing a D32. I have breastfeeding 2 children/deflated/weightloss boobs. Fine as long as I keep them in a bra, not so fine when the bra comes off!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Lost 115 pounds. 38DD to 34C.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I just got new bra today, so I can answer this.

I was a 40F, I'm now a 38DD. I'm only 28 pounds in so far, about 45 more to go!
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any boobie change yet, sadly :( I really really hope I'll lose some size in the band (I can never find my band-size in any shops), and that I'll get what someone on the first page called 'ski slope boobs', i.e. the top of my boobs getting a bit thinner..