Jessica Simpson, too muscular? What's ur opinion?

Options

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You can never be 'too' muscular in my opinion.

I posted a picture to a forum recently, and was told I look strong. That compliment was far superior to the other ones I've received in the past year (thin, skinny, pretty, beautiful, skinnie minnie, etc). I would rather be told I look strong than told I look thin. :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how she achieved this look in such short period of time....not long ago she was overweight...it would interesting to see what she has done...
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the link and wowza! I would kill for those legs!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    She's too skinny.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! You can tell she busted her butt for those results. There is no magic pill for that kind of muscle definition, money can't buy it, you have to earn it with sweat.

People always want to tear down someone who has been successful.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Stupid people comment with stupid replies...

Oh and they are probably jealous... Hell, I'm jealous... but I would love to have those legs...
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would kill for her legs!

People are stupid :grumble:
  • giggitygoo
    Options
    ETA the comments in the article link posted made me want to go on a punching spree.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    They just look like.....legs. Her legs don't look any different to me than most of the legs I see on hot days around these parts. *shrugs*

And that's not a negative comment. I'm just saying that I don't see why the commenters are all "ZOMG! The MUSCLEZ!"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    She's not my favorite persona. That said, her hard work is very clear.

Three years ago she's lambasted for being "fat" then she gets pregnant and gains more weight. And does it again.

THEN she loses all the weight looks fantastic and people want to complain about that? Give the woman a break.
  • giggitygoo
    Options
    They just look like.....legs. Her legs don't look any different to me than most of the legs I see on hot days around these parts. *shrugs*

I want to live where you live. Where all the athletic people wear tiny shorts. So I can study them.....for science...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If I am honest there is a line where if a woman becomes too muscular I find her less physically attractive than if she were slightly less muscular but still fit.

But here is the thing. That is just me. There are other people out there who are going to find more muscle more attractive and still others who gag at the sight of ANY muscle. If you try to come up with a "reason" why people like certain things you will basically be running in circles and making up explanations.

Here is what matters. If you are fit you are probably healthier than if you were not fit. If you continue to drop bodyfat and recomp to be more muscular you will be even more fit. I'm guessing there is a point where even more muscle doesn't mean you are that much healthier however if more muscle is what you want for agility or strength or to do the things you love doing then more power to you.

If the woman I love decided to get super muscular for a reason like she loved to deadlift and rock climb or something then I would support her in that and revel and enjoy in her successes as my partner. I cannot control my physical attraction response in such a rational way so would I potentially find her less attractive? Yeah, its possible. But worrying about that sort of thing is not a way to live your life.

So looong story short I don't find her legs particularly physically attractive but I think it speaks loads to her will and her determination and that is pretty hot. If I am gazing from afar then meh, if I am in a relationship with her then I am very happy for her success.

Hopefully people can understand I'm just being bluntly honest and not jump on me for it. I won't defend my attractions, there is nothing to defend...they just are.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Those comments are pitiful. :huh:

I think her legs are sexy!
    I only HOPE my legs look like that at the end of my journey.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    She looks fit-and not to take away from her success-but this looks very photoshopped.

Either that or crap lighting and odd position the camera caught her in. There are a lot of weird lines and shadows that make the legs in general look weird.

Aside from that, though? I'm not a fan of her's, but rockin' legs. And the only time there's such a thing as "too muscular" is when someone's on steroids to get more than what they'd normally be capable of.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I think she looks good, she seems happy with herself. She seems confident, which is great.

It isn't something I would want my body to look like, but that's not really her problem.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Muscles??? Where??
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Muscles??? Where??

on the chest, perhaps. :glasses:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how that is too muscular. I was thinking she needed to lift more. But whatevs, media.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    The people who hate on her looks right now are most likely fat people. Ones that don't have the motivation to do anything about it & so they will take it out on someone who has.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The people on that website posting b/s comments don't know how weight loss works. She looks great...legs and all.