Calorie Counting Canucks

Options

Replies

• maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My week-end is going to be busy .... today I'm going to a shower for my son's g/f (she'll have a daughter next month) then tomorrow we're spending the day with our grandson who is 2&1/2
    I'm hoping I do ok with eating at the shower today & somehow am able to get in some exercise to balance things out

hope everyone has a great week-end :)
  • cynnder
    cynnder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    REd Deer Alberta here!

and I know where Markerville is!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    UGH the one way streets in Hamilton are THE worst....the worst is when you're going North on James, and there's no left turns on King, gotta go all the way to Cannon. LAME!

lol

I'm from Toronto, currently living in Hamilton.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    UGH the one way streets in Hamilton are THE worst....the worst is when you're going North on James, and there's no left turns on King, gotta go all the way to Cannon. LAME!

lol

I'm from Toronto, currently living in Hamilton.
    The one-way streets are practically no more. They used to separate locals from the rest. Now, we have nothing left to hold over you :tongue:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ok people! I dont know about you but I"m SICK of watching it blizzard outside my office window!!! BAH! I don't know why I live in central Alberta! I hate the winter!
  • cynnder
    cynnder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ugg me too! I got stuck in my driveway today. other than shovelling some snow..looks like its a crappy wii fit day today boo!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada :) I am an American though... Until the wonderful Canadian government accepts our application for residency! Well, then we have to wait a few years to become citizens:) But still on our way :)

We live in BC.But, once we are residents we may want to move to Toronto.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The one-way streets are practically no more. They used to separate locals from the rest. Now, we have nothing left to hold over you :tongue:

liesssss!!!! i live on a one way street, surrounded by many other one way streets!

lol
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I believe I am furtherst to the West. I live on beautiful Vancouver island. I would love to be a part of this group.
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm in Vancouver! I would love to connect with other Canadians on these boards. I just started journalling again this January and am really looking forward to seeing some success.

Cheers!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Hello from BC. I live in the snowy Fraser Valley about 90 minutes from Vancouver airport. I found this site as i was scanning the motivational sites so i do not snack right now!!! evenings are the hardest times for me but i REALLY need to stay on track. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow and see if i have any weight loss. I do not have a scale at home as most would not go high enough for me but perhpas soon i will fit on a regular one!

karen
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    made it back to my pre-christmas weight. Now to get losing some of the real weight again. Snowed in so i can't get to the gym. Looking after 2 yr old grandson as day care also closed. Just hanging out trying not to nibble
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    New Year, new goal...ABS! I started my healthy living journey almost 2 years ago after my second son was born and haven't looked back yet. Well...ok...Xmas and New Years was not as big a success as I thought. I was off from the gym for almost two weeks, worked out at home when I could and found out that I gained, all be it only a pound but after thinking I had done so well and maybe lost weight, it was really dissapointing. POOP! A pound is hard to lose when the body keeps fighting tooth and nail to keep it.
    I have started the INSANITY program with my husband so I hoe we can keep each other motivated.
    PS...Ontario
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    @Ughlygirl you only gained a pound at christmas? I gained 10! so pat yourself on the back, you did awesome...good luck with insanity...it's intense but you'll look amazing
  • judithlang
    Options
    Hi - I live in Pickering (just outside/beside Toronto)
    Looking forward to connecting with other Canucks !
    Joined last summer but didn't get really serious until recently - this is
    a great website - down 4 pounds but have a way to go - daughter's
    wedding in September is one of my motivations ( and being healthier as well )
    J
  • beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'll join - from Winnipeg. Winter and cold here...but hot yoga tonight will heat me up!:tongue:
  • judithlang
    Options
    Hi - always wondered what hot yoga was like - I get heated up with regular yoga ! :blushing:
    is it helping ? Any advice - what do you like about it ?
    Also wondering what the Insanity Program is ....
    J
  • HAPPYDAZE
    Options
    I'm in Peterborough, ON and need a few friends.....doing great so far, but don't want to slip....

Cheers everyone!
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's just that. INSANE!!!! You can get the DVD set at Wallmart or do what I did and download it off the internet. It's a lot of Cardio. You sweat! Most people recommend doing the Beachbody P90x first - its a 90 day program (search online for info on both, it's all over) and move to the 60 day Insanity program. It is HIGH intensity and not for the faint of heart. I am on week two and still sweat like mad.
  • judithlang
    Options
    Thanks Ughlygirl - i will head over to Wallmart today - i badly need a new cardio workout and the sweatier the better
    Cheers
    J