Breakfast makes me sick

Options
2»

Replies

• Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Here's an excerpt from an article about Italy's caffe's-

"Italy’s caffe’ bars are plentiful; they are usually in a pedestrian environment. Patrons don’t drive to the coffee shop to meet up, they stroll in from the sidewalk. The caffe’ bars are small with maybe one or two tables that only tourists use. I visited several caffe’ bars in Italy from as far south as Sorrento, heading North to Napoli (Naples), Roma (Rome), Firenze (Florence), Vinci, up to Venezia (Venice), and the process appeared the same.

The barista wipes the bar and tosses a few clean saucers on the bar top with a small spoon. A customer walks in and raises a finger indicating one caffe’. The espresso machine has all nozzles brewing continuously into small ceramic cups. If it is in the morning shortly after the espresso cups hits the saucer, a small pitcher of milk is steamed up and lands nearby, a caffe’ latte. If you ask the barista will whip you up a cappuccino (espresso with foam).

If it is afternoon, true Italians don’t take their caffe’ with latte (milk). The milk is considered a meal in itself, a true Italian breakfast, similar to a bowl of cereal in the United States. " :drinker:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Beverage/ItalianCoffee2.htm

Up until the last 30 -40 yrs, the world's breakfast staple was just a glass or mug of milk. Adults sometimes mixed it with coffee.
    Here in the States we used to go dawn to dusk working hard to build this country, especially west of the Mississippi and began eating large breakfasts as necessary. But still today, worldwide, mornings usually start with just a glass of milk in some form.
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    I would start with a liquid breakfast first until your body can adjust to something solid. Low-fat or skim milk and protein shakes are great ideas. Your body needs the calories and nutrients....it doesn't care if they are solids or liquids.

Have a good one!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't big on breakfast either. He usually waits atleast an hour to eat anything after getting up. He has a glass of water when he's checking email and such in the morning and then has something small in the car on his way to work (like a banana or apple). That way he gets SOMETHING, but he doesn't feel sick afterwards.. and generally by the time he leaves the house he's been up atleast 45minutes.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    So...I know that I should be eating breakfast on a regular basis to get the whole metabolism thing into gear. Honestly, I haven't had breakfast on a consistant basis since I was about 12. Now if I eat even a bowl of cereal in the morning then i'm sick the rest of the day. Any thoughts? Should I just power through it?

You don't need to get your metabolism "going". There's a myth floating around that if you don't eat breakfast your metabolsim will be slower for the rest of the day. This simply isn't true. Whenever you eat you get a small bump in your metabolic rate, not just at breakfast. If you don't like to eat breakfast, don't.
  • icecreamistoogood
    Options
    So i read somewhere that like Ayurvedic principles say that if you are a certain constitution you shouldn't eat breakfast expecially if you aren't hungry. That explains why some people love breakfast and some dont. It actually makes a lot of sense, you should look into it.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    Dont force yourself to eat early, you dont have to eat first thing in the a.m. to get your metabolism going.
    I feel sick too so just make a protein shake and drink it when I feel like it:) Usually at work around 9 a.m ish, give or take. Can't stomach anything before that!
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    So i read somewhere that like Ayurvedic principles say that if you are a certain constitution you shouldn't eat breakfast expecially if you aren't hungry. That explains why some people love breakfast and some dont. It actually makes a lot of sense, you should look into it.

It actually does work, I follow quite a few things from my dosha:)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    So...I know that I should be eating breakfast on a regular basis to get the whole metabolism thing into gear. Honestly, I haven't had breakfast on a consistant basis since I was about 12. Now if I eat even a bowl of cereal in the morning then i'm sick the rest of the day. Any thoughts? Should I just power through it?

You don't need to get your metabolism "going". There's a myth floating around that if you don't eat breakfast your metabolsim will be slower for the rest of the day. This simply isn't true. Whenever you eat you get a small bump in your metabolic rate, not just at breakfast. If you don't like to eat breakfast, don't.

This!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

This!!!

Exactly!If you don't like breakfast then don't eat it!