Super Serious Question

Options

Replies

• laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    oh my.. :ohwell: .. well hubby swears by the "fart and run" .. take that as you will..:sick:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Don't know, but it sure seems to be a handy tool for keeping the machines next to me clear at the gym ;) Swear it speeds my running up too...fart powered.

Sadly, this didn't work for me. Just sounded like I was being chased by Donald Duck.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    If farts contain fecal particles and one releases said particles with every fart wouldn't one be getting lighter?

Only if you're naked.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If farts contain fecal particles and one releases said particles with every fart wouldn't one be getting lighter?

Only if you're naked.
    I suppose if you weren't they would just collect in your pants and maintain your weight.
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    Don't know, but it sure seems to be a handy tool for keeping the machines next to me clear at the gym ;) Swear it speeds my running up too...fart powered.

Sadly, this didn't work for me. Just sounded like I was being chased by Donald Duck.

If you can't clear the machine next to ya, you're eating the wrong foods is all. Meal planning is everything./
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject here but what about burps?

I think when you burp all that is happened is you have taken air into your stomach and you are expelling it back out. If that is the case it would have no effect on your weight. Unless you were underwater, if you were underwater you would be lighter.

Picture air like it was water. Anything that you held onto that floats would lower your weight, anything you held onto that sinks would raise your weight...if you just have the same medium you are in and held onto that it wouldn't change your weight either way.
  • shmerek
    Options

Add some protein powder to the mix and you will most likely clear the entire gym
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Only if you're naked.
    I suppose if you weren't they would just collect in your pants and maintain your weight.

Zackly.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

If you can't clear the machine next to ya, you're eating the wrong foods is all. Meal planning is everything./

Oh, I meant it didn't speed up my running! *giggles* I've been lucky enough not to have a problem at the gym, although there was one day on the leg press I thought I was gonna be in trouble.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    When you smell a fart, are you actually breathing in really small poop particles?

... my life will never be the same.
    Or the fact that gas & particles that were in someone elses colon & they blew out their *kitten* are now in your sinus, mouth, lungs & probably circulating through your blood stream..
  • shmerek
    Options
    I saw some statistic, I don't know how accurate or true it was but it said something like on average you ingest 1.5 litre of other peoples *kitten* gas everyday. Enjoy!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I saw some statistic, I don't know how accurate or true it was but it said something like on average you ingest 1.5 litre of other peoples *kitten* gas everyday. Enjoy!

You are now my favorite! :drinker:
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Well it would be everones, including those long since dead. So take solice in knowing that although you may be breathing the farts of your roomate you are also breathing in the sweet flesh-trumpets of Beethoven.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    lose-weight-farting_thumb.gif

No idea, but fun topic. lolz
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    lose-weight-farting_thumb.gif

No idea, but fun topic. lolz

She seems legit
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it makes me FEEL lighter. Not sure if I actually weigh lighter. When I have gas, it bloats my stomach which makes me feel heavier. When I let it out, my stomach deflates and I feel lighter.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    But Dr Oz said if I eat rainbow dust then my farts will smell good and make me lose weight! Hes a scientist guyz!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    A healthy person farts 29 times per day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm slackin'. I'm about to cut my second one for the day right now.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

I'm slackin'. I'm about to cut my second one for the day right now.

That's what you think. I used to think I "didn't fart, cuz I'm a LADY". Then I got a husband, who wasn't afraid to tell me I fart. all. night. :blushing: :laugh: