Possible to lose 30lbs and 10% bodyfat in 100 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but if you eat the same thing everyday you're going to be lacking some vitamins and nutrients your body needs.

Billions of human beings don't have the luxury of accessibility to a wide variety of foods and basically eat the same things everyday. It's a first-world myth that human beings need variety to be healthy.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but if you eat the same thing everyday you're going to be lacking some vitamins and nutrients your body needs.

Billions of human beings don't have the luxury of accessibility to a wide variety of foods and basically eat the same things everyday. It's a first-world myth that human beings need variety to be healthy.

this, my menu got new stuff since I had to find low cal filling food, but since I found some tolerable ones it's been more less routine..
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Yes. Will it be fun? Hell no, but you can adjust your plan slightly, lose a bit less but still do well and enjoy life during that time.

Perhaps he doesn't equate the enjoyment with life with the enjoyment of food. Not everyone does.

In that case, he could stop eating and definitely attain his goal lol.

Joking aside, I think most (admittedly first world) people would be pretty miserable staying in every single night turning down meals out with friends or family etc to eat the exact same thing at every meal for 100 days, so I think you can see my point.
  • honey_tequila
    honey_tequila Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am about the same height as you, started at 218 pounds and had lost more than 30 of them in the first three months. I had a plan, I was determined, and it sounds like you are the same. Its totally possible to sensibly lose the weight. Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Yes. Will it be fun? Hell no, but you can adjust your plan slightly, lose a bit less but still do well and enjoy life during that time.

Perhaps he doesn't equate the enjoyment with life with the enjoyment of food. Not everyone does.

In that case, he could stop eating and definitely attain his goal lol.

Joking aside, I think most (admittedly first world) people would be pretty miserable staying in every single night turning down meals out with friends or family etc to eat the exact same thing at every meal for 100 days, so I think you can see my point.

I personally wouldn't have an issue doing that for 100 days, but I do understand that other people need social dining to feel good about their lives.