Funny "Problems" with weight loss

Options
There are so so many positives to weight loss and fitness in general, every once in a while you stumble across one of the things that can somewhat be considered a negative.

One of the things that annoy me while actively losing is when you are "between" belt notches. Its awkward when at the current notch you're pulling up your pants every two minutes but when you go down a notch its a little bit too tight and uncomfortable. I think there should be weight loss belts incorporating mini notches lol.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    nail and a hammer will fix that for you

but my problems include;
    1. no pants/shorts fit me. not even new ones, since i was big for so long my legs are massive and now that my waistline is down, its either too tight on my thighs or too loose on my waist
    2. not a problem now, but during the winter i was much colder than usual
    3. chairs are uncomfortable now that i dont have fat on my *kitten* as a cushion
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    nail and a hammer will fix that for you

but my problems include;
    1. no pants/shorts fit me. not even new ones, since i was big for so long my legs are massive and now that my waistline is down, its either too tight on my thighs or too loose on my waist
    2. not a problem now, but during the winter i was much colder than usual
    3. chairs are uncomfortable now that i dont have fat on my *kitten* as a cushion

Number 3 actually made me bust out laughing at work because i was just trying to find a comfortable way to sit due to the same reason, and i have the same problem with shirts, they are uncomfortably tight around the shoulders until they stretch out a little bit.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Number 3. definitely noticed this when sitting on bleachers at my son's wrestling meets.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I know from previously losing a lo of weight, the cold just goes right through me. I spent a year in a tropical climate and also lost 30kg and when I came home, I damn near froze in winter. I would take my book and go sit in my car in the driveway because it was the only warm place I could find.
  • JeffInJax
    Options
    Ive always been one of those types that could sit outside in the freezing weather in a pair of boxers and feel fine, now that ive lost weight i just dont sweat as much, still am never cold.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I look more gross naked now 30+ lbs down than I did before. Everything is saggy and gross... and chances are it will be for awhile longer. I know I'm healthier and stuff and feel better... but I still have days where it depresses the crap out of me.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh...I got one to add. I was wearing a pair of shorts that was too big. When I went to close the hatch on the back of my car...my shorts FELL OFF! No, I don't mean mid hip! I MEAN PUDDLING AROUND MY ANKLES! I'm so glad my neighbors we not out!:laugh:
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I measured myself for my true bra size a couple months ago. I got so happy and bought like four new bras. All of them fit on the tightest hooks. Then I lost enough weight to drop me down a band size. BRAS WASTED. I can still wear them, but they're not 100% comfortable. I should just go naked until I lose enough weight, otherwise I'm going to waste money on clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I look more gross naked now 30+ lbs down than I did before. Everything is saggy and gross... and chances are it will be for awhile longer. I know I'm healthier and stuff and feel better... but I still have days where it depresses the crap out of me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. I took a progress pic today and immediately said "F*cking ew." I look like I'm melting. I looked smoother when I was 30 pounds heavier.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I measured myself for my true bra size a couple months ago. I got so happy and bought like four new bras. All of them fit on the tightest hooks. Then I lost enough weight to drop me down a band size. BRAS WASTED. I can still wear them, but they're not 100% comfortable. I should just go naked until I lose enough weight, otherwise I'm going to waste money on clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.

Just saying, your bra is supposed to fit on the first hook, and you move them up as the bra gets older and stretchier, and throw it out when you can't tighten it anymore. (professional fitter taught me that.)

Last week while taking my lunchtime walk, I walked out of my underwear. Literally. Went commando the rest of the day because I was too embarrassed to pick them up and I'm now afraid to wear dresses! :noway:
  • laylawaffles
    Options
    Wasting money on clothes is my biggest one. I have so many gorgeous dresses that I love but are now too big for me. As a result though I've taken up sewing so I can learn to alter them to suit me.

Even still, I'm almost afraid to buy new clothes in case they won't fit me in a month's time or something. It's an odd sensations, it makes me exciting that I'm losing weight, but makes me annoyed because of the costs.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    When you're used to your belly being an arm rest and then it's not there anymore...
  • JeffInJax
    Options
    A lot more variety then i thought. For the loose skin problems have ya'll considered incorporating weights? Ive lost 129 pounds so far and besides some stretch marks, weightlifting has kept the skin relatively tight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Just saying, your bra is supposed to fit on the first hook, and you move them up as the bra gets older and stretchier, and throw it out when you can't tighten it anymore. (professional fitter taught me that.)

Yup, that's what I was told too. Buy the one that you can wear on the loosest setting so you can tighten as it stretches.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Last week while taking my lunchtime walk, I walked out of my underwear. Literally. Went commando the rest of the day because I was too embarrassed to pick them up and I'm now afraid to wear dresses! :noway:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • JeffInJax
    Options
    Wasting money on clothes is my biggest one. I have so many gorgeous dresses that I love but are now too big for me. As a result though I've taken up sewing so I can learn to alter them to suit me.

Even still, I'm almost afraid to buy new clothes in case they won't fit me in a month's time or something. It's an odd sensations, it makes me exciting that I'm losing weight, but makes me annoyed because of the costs.

While im not sure its the best plan, as i get told constantly i need to buy new clothes, i keep telling myself I want to wait until i get to my goal for two reasons. I cant stand shopping and afraid ill just be throwing away money.
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dito
  • hbmayes
    hbmayes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring wants to fall off and get lost! But, I don't want to resize it until I get to my goal.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That when I splurge I often have to try to choose between the pina colada and the 4 layer chocolate cake. :sad:

Ignorance sure felt like bliss when I didn't care about nutrition. No longer can I order with no second thought. I have been educated and so when I pick my poison I am acutely aware of what is in it. And when I am really naughty and order a margarita and brownie skillet :drinker: I am sad that such amazing deliciousness is so calorie dense. It forces me to share and I don't like sharing my desserts! :grumble: