If you give a squirrel a dish of water.....

Options
Will it drink?

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't hurt to try.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    usually no, squirrels prefer saucers normally
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    I can't tell if the squirrels are in a food coma from too many pb2 oats or if suffering from the heat.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you give a squirrel a bowl of water will it ever grow opposable thumbs and be able to turn on the faucet outside?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    It might take a bath.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    If you give a squirrel a bowl of water will it ever grow opposable thumbs and be able to turn on the faucet outside?

Good point. I wouldn't want to mess with evolution. But dead squirrels at a daycare might also be a bad thing.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I thought squirrels already have great dexterity.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltk1pmPI4G1qahtuho2_500.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if a bunch of wild squirrels are lying around acting like they're ill or dying, maybe see if there's an animal rescue centre that works with wild animals. I don't think a saucer of water would make any difference if they're ill or dying. They're wild animals, they know how to find water.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    put some it wont hurt, maybe they are thirsty
  • tegalicious
    Options
    if a bunch of wild squirrels are lying around acting like they're ill or dying, maybe see if there's an animal rescue centre that works with wild animals. I don't think a saucer of water would make any difference if they're ill or dying. They're wild animals, they know how to find water.

It is just the littlest one of the few squirrels that come around the area and eat food I leave out. The others seemed fine.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    He's gonna want a straw to go with it. And if you give him a straw, he'll want one with stripes which will remind him of your trip to the zoo to see the zebras...
  • tegalicious
    Options
    He's gonna want a straw to go with it. And if you give him a straw, he'll want one with stripes which will remind him of your trip to the zoo to see the zebras...

YEEEESSS <3
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options

YEEEESSS <3

Ahhh double yes!!!
  • ilyahna2014
    Options
    The most amusing thing I ever saw in nature was a full 3 minute dilemma being experienced by a squirrel with a full-sized piece of toast that he could not fathom how to take with him into the tree. He went from tree to tree staring up, then just sat there holding it and looking dejected.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It will drown....then you would need to learn squirrel CPR...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

It is just the littlest one of the few squirrels that come around the area and eat food I leave out. The others seemed fine.

it's probably sick or injured and also probably dying... there's not much you can do, you could see if it'll take water it might make it feel better, but it's probably going to die unless you know or can find a vet that'll treat wild animals.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Put out some water. The birds are drinking it :/
  • tegalicious
    Options

it's probably sick or injured and also probably dying... there's not much you can do, you could see if it'll take water it might make it feel better, but it's probably going to die unless you know or can find a vet that'll treat wild animals.

I will keep an eye on him/her. It scampered away after laying on the patio for about 20 minutes.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    It will drown....then you would need to learn squirrel CPR...

Rabies. Never once.