Options
    day 1: matcha pound cake
    day 2: taro croissant from Chinese bakery
    day 3: Persian love cake
    day 4: as above
    day 5: double strawberry cheesecake
    day 6: as above

http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/1016566/double-strawberry-cheesecake.html

The flavour was really wonderful - can't go wrong with ripe local strawberries, cream cheese, GOAT CHEESE, and red wine in the filling - but I much prefer the texture of baked cheesecakes, which this wasn't. Even on the third day in the fridge, it was all wibbly-wobbly and a bit gooey. Still nice and refreshing and a great use for berries in season!

DSC_0399sm_zpsdf6815e2.jpg
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Day 30- It was my birthday, so I had an oreo crème filled and a brownie filled chips ahoy, then banana tempura and like 3 slices of red velvet cake with vanilla frosting.
    Day 31- Devil Dog
    Day 32- 3/4 of a strawberry Pop Tart, a cup of cherry vanilla ice cream and a Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It's really tasty but had I known it was so small, I probably would have gotten something else.
    Day 33- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, Oreo creme filled chips ahoy
    Day 34- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Grahams, and a mix of cookies and cream/espresso frozen yogurt topped with mochi, crushed snicker doodle cookies and oreos.
    Day 35- 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Shoppe Grahams and a slice of Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. HOLY COW. This was amazing. It was nice and light, and even though it was over 1000 calories, it was well worth it.
    Day 36- 3 Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grahams.
    dAY 37- Had a reward for a free pastry, so I got a Peach Pecan Crunch Muffin from Panera. This was light and delicious.
    Day 38- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 3/4 of a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 39- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, a low fat strawberry poptart, and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie. This ice cream is so good but I wish it had a bit more blondie chunks.
    Day 40- ShopRite Corn muffin.
    Day 41- Corn Muffin and I'm going to the local beach today with my mom so I'm planning on getting a Chipwhich for my Friday treat. Have a good one all! Also edited to add I also had vanilla soft serve with chocolate sprinkles
    Day 42- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 1/4 of a Sandies Simply Shortbread Cookie
    Day 43- The last of the Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cakes, a triple chocolate cookie and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 44- Two Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies from Stop and Shop
    Day 45- This vegan bar cookie of some sort. It was lemon and cherry like. It was good.
    Day 46- 1.5 Old fashioned sugar cookies, two triple chocolate chips deluxe and a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 47- Two 1/2 Olf fashioned sugar cookies. These are pretty good sized cookies at only 100 calories each, and the pack of 10 is only a dollar. They're soft and yummy.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    day 7: homemade coconut chocolate bars

http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/02/coconut-secret-barshomemade-healthy.html (not the precise recipe, but pretty close)

DSC_0370_zps20a2f118.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Recommendation time!!! At my book club last night, we had an assortment of Pepperidge Farms cookies and vanilla ice cream with hershey's syrup. I was thinking, "ok, it will be decent, nothing life altering...". Till I tried...

0001410009866_500X500.jpg

Which looked like this when I ate it with my ice cream and chocolate syrup...

[img]http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/kruggeri/Mobile Uploads/2014-05/718DF149-909F-49C2-A2C3-7DD88C623273_zpshq93mz07.jpg[/img]

Highly, highly recommend the salted pretzel milanos...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/02/coconut-secret-barshomemade-healthy.html (not the precise recipe, but pretty close)

DSC_0370_zps20a2f118.jpg

Ooooh... how good are they?

In vacations and so far I've had a chocolate pistachio bread pudding (not bad... but too subtle a flavor, so it was disappointing) and a delicious pecan turtle brownie at lunch. Neither fit my calorie goal though, to be fair, but as I said... vacations. Just trying to limit to one sweet a day...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Recommendation time!!! At my book club last night, we had an assortment of Pepperidge Farms cookies and vanilla ice cream with hershey's syrup. I was thinking, "ok, it will be decent, nothing life altering...". Till I tried...

0001410009866_500X500.jpg

Which looked like this when I ate it with my ice cream and chocolate syrup...

[img]http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/kruggeri/Mobile Uploads/2014-05/718DF149-909F-49C2-A2C3-7DD88C623273_zpshq93mz07.jpg[/img]

Highly, highly recommend the salted pretzel milanos...

Looks pretty good. I'll have to be on the look out.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ooooh... how good are they?

Well... I have a pretty sweet tooth, and I didn't add a ton of sweetener, so I found them somewhat bitter. But my boyfriend, who prefers 85% chocolate bars, thought they were great! :)

day 8: strawberry hand pies

DSC_0379sm_zps0232b1fc.jpg

http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2014/03/strawberry-hand-pies.html

Anyone got any tips or a great recipe for pie dough? Mine was just meh. Too chewy/biscuity, and I prefer flaky and crisp.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Day 30- It was my birthday, so I had an oreo crème filled and a brownie filled chips ahoy, then banana tempura and like 3 slices of red velvet cake with vanilla frosting.
    Day 31- Devil Dog
    Day 32- 3/4 of a strawberry Pop Tart, a cup of cherry vanilla ice cream and a Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It's really tasty but had I known it was so small, I probably would have gotten something else.
    Day 33- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, Oreo creme filled chips ahoy
    Day 34- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Grahams, and a mix of cookies and cream/espresso frozen yogurt topped with mochi, crushed snicker doodle cookies and oreos.
    Day 35- 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Shoppe Grahams and a slice of Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. HOLY COW. This was amazing. It was nice and light, and even though it was over 1000 calories, it was well worth it.
    Day 36- 3 Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grahams.
    dAY 37- Had a reward for a free pastry, so I got a Peach Pecan Crunch Muffin from Panera. This was light and delicious.
    Day 38- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 3/4 of a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 39- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, a low fat strawberry poptart, and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie. This ice cream is so good but I wish it had a bit more blondie chunks.
    Day 40- ShopRite Corn muffin.
    Day 41- Corn Muffin and I'm going to the local beach today with my mom so I'm planning on getting a Chipwhich for my Friday treat. Have a good one all! Also edited to add I also had vanilla soft serve with chocolate sprinkles
    Day 42- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 1/4 of a Sandies Simply Shortbread Cookie
    Day 43- The last of the Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cakes, a triple chocolate cookie and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 44- Two Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies from Stop and Shop
    Day 45- This vegan bar cookie of some sort. It was lemon and cherry like. It was good.
    Day 46- 1.5 Old fashioned sugar cookies, two triple chocolate chips deluxe and a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 47- Two 1/2 Olf fashioned sugar cookies. These are pretty good sized cookies at only 100 calories each, and the pack of 10 is only a dollar. They're soft and yummy

I just got home from Maine yesterday, which was beautiful and amazing. And had SO MUCH good food. The following three days are jusr some of what I ate.
    Day 48- Soft Serve Vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, three simply shortbread cookies
    Day 49- We went to Stonewall Kitchen, which is a place that has all these homemade sauces, dips and spreads so I sampled like all of them. Bought a grapefruit marmalade and spicy Mexican chocolate sauce. Then I had a homemade peanut butter bon bon, and AMAZING whoopie pie ice cream (vanilla with chunks of whoopie pie)
    Day 50- Peanut butter bon bon and cheesecake
    Day 51- Went to When Pigs Fly bakery and got a big lemon blueberry cookie and this is probably the best cookie I've had in my life.
    Day 52- 2 Old fashioned sugar cookies
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    I put some Mallow Cups in the fridge today & ate them when I came home from work. Man where they good!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Gained two pounds from my vacations, I blame the sweets because we ate out all the time.

Chocolate/pistachio bread pudding with vanilla ice cream
    Few of those graham crackers filled with chocolate and PB
    Pecan turtle brownie from the Tomato Head. Delicious (only had half thankfully, as it's kinda for two people)
    A vanilla Drumstick cone
    Some kind of raspberry cheesecake and pudding with cookies at a buffet
    Salted caramel milkshake from Red Robin (not bad, but the flavor is too light)
    Chestnut cream crepe
    Almond croissant
    Linzer raspberry torte - was actually quite disappointing because the restaurant was very good and it was just good
    Bread pudding with raisins

That was in a week. I'm now going back to mostly quitting sweets for a while. I bought some chestnut cream though and will have some with Greek yogurt probably every day until it's gone. Totally qualifies as a sweet as it's delicious, but only 80 calories for 30g, I can totally deal with that.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I put some Mallow Cups in the fridge today & ate them when I came home from work. Man where they good!

I came thisclose to buying those the other day. Now I wish I had!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Gained two pounds from my vacations, I blame the sweets because we ate out all the time.

Pecan turtle brownie from the Tomato Head. Delicious (only had half thankfully, as it's kinda for two people)
    A vanilla Drumstick cone
    Chestnut cream crepe
    Almond croissant
    Linzer raspberry torte - was actually quite disappointing because the restaurant was very good and it was just good

That was in a week. I'm now going back to mostly quitting sweets for a while. I bought some chestnut cream though and will have some with Greek yogurt probably every day until it's gone. Totally qualifies as a sweet as it's delicious, but only 80 calories for 30g, I can totally deal with that.

Two pounds isn't bad at all! I am sure a lot of it could be sodium & the pounds will melt off before you know it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

A vanilla Drumstick cone
    Chestnut cream crepe
    Almond croissant

Two pounds isn't bad at all! I am sure a lot of it could be sodium & the pounds will melt off before you know it.

I agree. I got stuck at chocolate/pistachio bread pudding with vanilla ice cream, so I missed the 2 lb gain part. :smile:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    All parts of this thread are relevant to my interests. I was on forum hiatus, I have to read this whole damn thing.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    All parts of this thread are relevant to my interests. I was on forum hiatus, I have to read this whole damn thing.

You have a lot of catching up to do! You missed the ice cream cleanse.
  • Francl27
    Options

A vanilla Drumstick cone
    Chestnut cream crepe
    Almond croissant

I'm actually back to my pre-vacation weight now. To be fair though, I was 3 pounds up already before we left as I got my period while I was there, which I should have lost, so I'm still looking at a 3 pound gain so far. Which is fine, really. I'm back on track.

I did have chestnut cream in Greek yogurt and a 100 calorie chocolate bar yesterday though, and today is my husband's birthday so I'm making some chocolate cupcakes (but only 4, so I'm not tempted to eat the whole batch).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Hello all my friends. I wanted to say Happy Independence Day to all of those that observe. I take it you are all still doing well or else you wouldn't still be here.

I hope you had an amazing 4th!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I ate all the sweets yesterday. All of them! Not my proudest moment, really. This is one, the chocolate sundae cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake. It was pretty amazing.

IMAG0642-1_zpsnp32olf5.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I ate all the sweets yesterday. All of them! Not my proudest moment, really. This is one, the chocolate sundae cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake. It was pretty amazing.

IMAG0642-1_zpsnp32olf5.jpg

YUM.

The chocolate cupcakes I made for my husband's birthday were incredible. The frosting was divine, they all just ate it right out of the bowl (I made way too much). I didn't get to take pics, they got eaten too fast.

I had some 'black and tan' ice cream today... chocolate and caramel. Big disappointment, it wasn't very flavorful at all. Not worth the calories at all (although I looked it up and that brand only has 140 calories for 1/2 cup, but still). But I paid for it and didn't want to throw it away. But bleh. For the calories, Breyer's is way better. The brand is Jack and Jill. Will avoid from now on.