Is this a bad way to try to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In short, yes, it's a bad way to try to lose weight.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    troll. yes?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you want some deficiencies, to gain all the weight back, and to poop a lot, it's not. But, if you want lasting results, and healthy, happy organs, it's a terrible idea.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Olive, do you mean Judith wills? And the 5:2 approach? I tried googling your suggestions and am confused.
  • anabarbarosie
    anabarbarosie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do you plan to do this for the remainder of your life to keep the weight off? Is this sustainable? Remember, temporary "diets" yield temporary results.
    I don't plan on eating at a deficit for the remainder of my life. Should I stop doing it now, since I can't do it forever?

(Not saying or implying that an all-fruit diet is defensible.)
    You don't need to eat at a deficit forever unless you want to lose weight for the rest of your life... :huh: But you do have to change the unhealthy habits and, trust me, it's not that difficult to maintain (especially if you've eaten at a caloric deficit for a long time) - just eat what your body needs and don't go overboard with foods you know it damages it. End of story.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Please find a nutritionist and a good personal trainer. You look teeny in your photo -- if you really believe you need to lose weight, I think what you are seeing in the mirror is NOT what the rest of us see when we look at you. Good luck!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Surely_You_Cant_Be_Serious_zpse827a7dd.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I want to eat fruits only in order to lose weight and to just do cardio 6 days a week. Would that be okay or is it bad?
    Why? There is no magic in fruit, it's just another food.

I suggest you throw in some veggies, nuts, and anything else you like. Moderation is the key.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Do you plan to do this for the remainder of your life to keep the weight off? Is this sustainable? Remember, temporary "diets" yield temporary results.
    I don't plan on eating at a deficit for the remainder of my life. Should I stop doing it now, since I can't do it forever?

(Not saying or implying that an all-fruit diet is defensible.)
    Either you are missing the point or you are being sarcastic. Not sure which.

Quick fix diets don't work. If you are going to lose weight, you need to make the dietary plan sustainable. Nobody can just eat fruit for the rest of their lives.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you're thinking about just eating fruits (fruitarian style) you HAVE to eat a lot of veggies, especially greens.
    There are a lot of people who live like this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I want to eat fruits only in order to lose weight and to just do cardio 6 days a week. Would that be okay or is it bad?
    You've stated before that you don't like diets. Why would this change now? You lose weight by eating less than you burn. It's TOTAL CALORIES that count here and that doesn't mean you have to be on a fruit only diet. And could you sustain just eating fruit the rest of your life? I truly doubt it which is why 90% of people who try restrictive diets (cutting out of foods they actually enjoy) regain weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, "Is this a bad idea?" you already have a pretty good idea that it is.