Body Reset Diet??

Options
Hey everyone!

So i'm giving Harley Pasternak's Body Reset Diet a try and I was just wondering if any of you have tried it and if it worked for you?!

I just made my first morning smoothie:

5 almonds, 3/4 fat free greek yogurt, 1/4 skim milk, 1 banana, 1 apple, and cinnamon

Pretty excited to see the results, and would love to hear any feed back from you!

Replies

• swilson75
    swilson75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just wondering how Harley Pasternak's Body Reset Diet is working out for you? How do you like the shakes and what is your favorite? I am planning on getting his book and I'm interested in the healthy shakes. I think it should be fairly easy since I already enjoy a morning shake.
    Thanks!
  • jterry03
    jterry03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I bought the book and have been on the plan for 12 days. I have lost 8 pounds and feel good. The shakes are not that bad at all, although I won't lie, I had problems getting the "green" one down. The book has some really good nutritional information and that alone to me was worth reading. I am not starving and have more energy than before the diet. I have no sugar cravings, and am allowed to still drink my coffee which I am VERY thankful for! The shakes are really simple to make, which I do the night before so I have them ready for work. I have three more days left on the plan before I can enjoy a "free meal" and I am looking forward to that. His rule to get in 10,000 steps is fairly easy to do as I take a walk during my lunch break at work. Hope it works for you!!!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I tend to steer clear of any diet that involves "smoothies" or "shakes". I It just seems like more hassle than I am willing to try.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The smoothie sounds tasty, but I don't know anything else about the diet. I'd rather just eat foods I like and count calories. Sometimes that includes smoothies, and sometimes not.
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i dont see why you would need to buy a book to tell you to drink smoothies and eat salads for 3 weeks?seems like a waste of money
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I tend to steer clear of any diet that involves "smoothies" or "shakes". I It just seems like more hassle than I am willing to try.

i tend to steer clear of any diet full stop!!!!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i dont see why you would need to buy a book to tell you to drink smoothies and eat salads for 3 weeks?seems like a waste of money

yes indeed.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just bought the book and I was looking through it with her. I have NEVER done any "diets" and I do what works best for ME. Funny thing is....I have been having smoothies for breakfast (partly a time issue, other part is I LOVE my smoothie) for months and the other information in the book is good, nutritious information. He is an advocate of clean, unprocessed foods, incorporating fruits, vegetables, lean protein, etc into each meal! I don't feel I could do 3 smoothies a day (and I'm not on a weight loss journey) but if it works for someone then go for it...there is no "packaged" items to buy....no "supplement" to purchase...just sound nutritional information.

Good luck!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

i tend to steer clear of any diet full stop!!!!

:drinker:

How is eating basically nothing going to RESET your body? It is just going to fu*k up your metabolism. Back to square one after this...
  • nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think people are misunderstanding the book and it's partially because they haven't read it. The point of the "reset" is to get your body back on track; not to starve yourself for 3 months living only on "smoothies". And you don't starve let me clarify. I'm getting the daily recommendation of fruits/veggies/proteins/and healthy fats with these smoothie recipes. The smoothies combine all of these components helping keep you full and give you all of your daily dietary needs.

For 5 days you stick to 3 smoothies and 2 snacks, 5 days you replace a smoothie with a solid meal, and for 5 days you swap 2 smoothies with 2 solid meals.

I'm tracking everything on here and today I'm getting in 1,200 calories of raw and clean foods for phase 1. My next phase I will be taking in about 1,400 calories and finishing the last phase at 1,500 calories. I'm also going to be walking 120 miles over the next 15 days. The purpose of the "reset" isn't to diet, it's to jumpstart your journey and cleanse your system and your palate with nutritious foods. The writer argues that those that see a significant jump start in their weight loss, tend to finish their goals faster and stronger.

I'm a fan and am enjoying it so far. It's easy to stick to. Inexpensive for grocery halls because there isn't a laundry list of ingredients you need to purchase.
  • jkoves
    jkoves Posts: 1
    Options
    You're actually getting all the nutritional requirements your body needs throughout the day. The smoothies are jam packed with good stuff and are around 300 calories a shake. You also get controlled , yet "real food" snacks throughout the day too. I'm on it and am enjoying it so far. Almost done Phase 1. Feeling nutritionally organized, good and saving money.. while losing weight. Winningggggg.
  • bkgirl13133
    bkgirl13133 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did all of this end up for you? Are you able to use it long term? My question about the whole thing is when you are done with phase 3, can you go back to eating 3 full meals a day of actual food without gaining it all right back?
  • mzcandanz
    mzcandanz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This post needs to be bumped. People need to stop making assumptions about things before doing their research.
  • helge275
    helge275 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 and I lost 12lbs so far. I feel great and I have alot more energy than ever!
  • dreamarbia6
    dreamarbia6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all, can anyone who finished the 15 days comment on how its been keeping it off? I am starting this tomorrow, I did it in the past but quit after 3 days cuz of so many events that involved being around food and alcohol. Planning on seeing it through this time!
  • jrbholland
    jrbholland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did this last July. I lost 14 lbs. I gained 4lbs back but was able to keep the 10lbs off for the long term.

I used it as a kick start to getting back on track. Then went back to MFP to track calories.
  • mikec1063
    mikec1063 Posts: 1
    Options
    Body reset diet, dropped 35 lbs in 7 weeks, but must admit only used phase 1 and 2 after ten days i went right back to phase 1. Tracked my progress on myfitnesspal.com every day, and seeing good results. When I get to my goal weight I will start phase 3, the whole food portions in the book are not only healthy but also good tasting. Did not start tracking my weight loss until July 1, 2014 on myfitnesspal app. I have a pretty active job, walk on an average 5 miles a day with lifting materials during the day, so no excerice yet.
  • Raydiance
    Raydiance Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on my last day of Day Five, and I have lost 5.4 pounds so far! I have not been hungry at all, and I have had a lot of energy. I can not wait to see what Day 15 brings. I am interested in hearing a review from anyone who has completed the 15 days.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting this on Monday October 20th, anyone with me? I could use some support for these 15 days. I have tried it before, you never have less than 1200 calories, so I don't think it would jack your metabolism.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2013 THREAD