Help! I'm CRAVING something sweet.

Options
13»

Replies

• Zootalor
    Zootalor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about you just do NOTHING. Seriously it's just a craving; you don't actually have to act on it.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk? If yes, during walk drink water. Come back and ask yourself do you still have an urge.

Do not eat a chocolate or anything sweet jus' b'coz you are craving it. 7 out 10 times we are thirsty for water.

Good Luck.

edited: grammar
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    chocolate tootsie roll pop. 60 cal
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate, enjoy it, log it. Life's too short to deny yourself chocolate.

MelsAuntie, with this logic it would not be easy for OP to get rid of unwanted pounds. OP had a high calorie food. Not eveything can be justified by "Life's too short"
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I was going to give suggestions like "Go brush your teeth, then you won't want to eat anything." Or if you have a stick of that dessert gum, it might take the sweet craving away. But, you know what? Have the chocolate.

I used to poke fun at my skinny husband who would eat half a chocolate bar and then wrap it up and put it away. Who DOES that?? I figured out who .. skinny people. So, if you want chocolate.. have some. But eat like a skinny person would.

I like this.^

I'm learning to eat chocolate like a skinny person too.

OP - I find dark chocolate has more chocolate bang for the calorie buck. Ghiradelli squares are my favorite. Individually wrapped.
  • hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I keep fat free fudgecicles in the freezer!
  • unknownpleasures48
    Options
    Literally about five minutes ago I was feeling like I needed something sweet and I had two little squares of dark chocolate. I honestly feel like I can't eat anything else right now! Hopefully this helps you :)
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat a fudgesicle. So good and creamy and only 40 calories!
  • cdgrant077
    Options
    Craving something sweet is not all bad. Think 'moderation'! I bake twice a month, I cut/portion the dessert down into 3oz servings and freeze it. 2-3 times per week, I get to have dessert after dinner...and I don't feel guilty about it, nor do I panic. I usually wait to eat it until about 9pm, because late night is when my sweet tooth wakes up LOL! But if you're not a cook, and you don't feel that you can trust yourself purchasing a cake, or whatever....then your friends up there are right.... a cup of hot chocolate usually does the trick, or a piece of organic dark chocolate. Hope this helps.