Childish Food Habits

Options

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My only food habit is that I have to have even numbers. If they're not even, I have to cut/break something in half. I feel like an idiot each time I realize I'm doing it! This is something that started to really develop in adulthood and it's just so much fun. LOL My mom likes to mess with me and put odd numbers of things on my plate when I eat at their house. It makes me a bit batty!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I still open an Oreo and lick the middle first. Once that's all gone I dunk one half of the cookie with milk and eat it part soggy/part crunchy. Then the final piece I put whole into my mouth and let it get soggy on my tongue and roof of my mouth before eating it.

As a result I still love Oreos as much as when I was a kid.

I only do this to check and make sure there's no spiders.

spider-in-oreo-enhanced-2.jpg

When I see this, I always think "ooh unexpected protein!" I think it's safe to say I'm not picky.

I am glad other people think my habit is awesome.
  • countesscharleyangel
    countesscharleyangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will not let my food touch and I also eat one thing at a time. I have divided plates at home to assure that my food doesn't touch lol waitresses love me!

Me Too!
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    I can't eat meat if it's cooked on the bone (not a huge meat fan anyways, and I HATE chocolate!

Ohhh, yeah. You'll never catch me eating a regular chicken wing or whatever. The idea that I might actually bite into the bone...ACK! Boneless wings all the way.
  • countesscharleyangel
    countesscharleyangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I still open an Oreo and lick the middle first. Once that's all gone I dunk one half of the cookie with milk and eat it part soggy/part crunchy. Then the final piece I put whole into my mouth and let it get soggy on my tongue and roof of my mouth before eating it.

When I see this, I always think "ooh unexpected protein!" I think it's safe to say I'm not picky.

OMG, I'm gonna stop eating my Oreos whole and start checking for spiders.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    i hate you so much right now.
    20140630_151143_zpsc71ee7b9.jpg

tumblr_mj1mt4inRA1s762vio1_500.gif
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

OMG, I'm gonna stop eating my Oreos whole and start checking for spiders.

Crap, how do you check on both sides of the cream? You can only check one side:sad:
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    What is the spider silk made of and how can it be so strong to hold a spider?
    Answer 1:
    Good question about spider silk. Scientists are very interested in spider silk because it is stronger than steel. It's true! If you made a steel string as thick as a spiders string, the spider string is stronger. That is amazing, isn't it!

Scientists have studied spider stilk and they know that it is extremely strong. They also know that spider silk is made out of protein. Do you know what protein is? I'll give you a hint, and then maybe you can look it up on the dictionary or an encyclopedia. Protein is the stuff you get from eating meat or beans. It's found in all living things. It is what your muscles are mostly made of. Think about that for a second. That means that spiders have used proteins to make a string that is stronger than steel. Isn't that incredible!

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3239

Could fit your macros though.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite - I need all my food to be mushy. Unless it's something that's supposed to be crispy. But I prefer all my vegetables to have the crap cooked out of them. It just ruins the entire meal for me if the veggies aren't all the way cooked and some are still kind of firm and crispy. I HATE crunchy things in my mushy food. This is why I won't eat water chestnuts. They don't taste like anything so just why? What is their point? They are just being crunchy in my mushy food and I hate them for it.

For you, though, I suggest you don't cook your veggies quite as long if you don't want them mushy.

I thought I was the ONLY person who felt this way about water chestnuts! LOL - yuck! :sick:
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i hate you so much right now.
    20140630_151143_zpsc71ee7b9.jpg
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat cottage cheese, to me it looks gross and the feeling in my mouth is even worse.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like my veggies either raw or cooked to mush. No crunchy cooked veggies for me. Although raw is fine. lol not sure why.

I also have texture issues with things like applesauce and oatmeal. Just can't do it. Reminds me of baby food although I'm perfectly happy with mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, mac and cheese.

And pasta, I would rather have it overcooked nearly to mush as for it to be what others consider perfectly cooked.

Meat must be well done. I would rather it be tough than have blood or pink in it. Beef included. Please take all the moo, oink or whatever outta my meat!

I have several fruits that I will eat raw but don't want them in anything including pie, cake, muffins, etc. This includes bananas, pineapples, peaches. I can do blueberry muffins, but don't really ever have to have them or anything like that.

And just like a kid, cheese, ranch dressing or ketchup goes with everything. lol :tongue:
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options

10246297_875805939101283_2140955857937499334_n.jpg
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hate lettuce inside of sandwiches or burgers (I'll use spinach instead), but I love salads. Eating lettuce with meat and weird sauces grosses me out, but if I'm eating a salad with dressing, then it's delicious. Sometimes I'll forget to order my sandwich without lettuce and then I sit there trying to pick all of it out.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the ONLY person who felt this way about water chestnuts! LOL - yuck! :sick:

Trust me, you're not alone! I've always hated water chestnuts too. They are completely pointless. They have no taste and it literally feels like trying to crunch on air. It's so gross.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Oh God... Spider in the oreo...

I appreciated that image. It guarantees that's one snack food I'm never going to eat again.

So yeah. The thought of bugs in my food grosses me out. I almost barfed just looking at that picture.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I will not let my food touch and I also eat one thing at a time. I have divided plates at home to assure that my food doesn't touch lol waitresses love me!

My wife and kids constantly tease me how I don't let my foods touch and eat one food at a time. It pretty much runs in my family. Many of us have this hangup. I can now use your post as proof that there's nothing wrong with me :)
    My family has this tendency too. I'm one of the few odd ones who won't throw a fit if two dishes touch. You can imagine how pleasant and relaxing meal times are with the blood relatives. <eye roll>

My hangups tend to be around texture and smells. I can tell after 1 or 2 chews if seafood, mushrooms or some other hated food is mixed into what I'm eating. People think they are so clever hiding things in sauces. My tongue and palate know.

If I even smell bell peppers, my appetite flies out the window. Unless I have a fan or some other moving air blowing the stench away. God forbid stuffed peppers are being served for lunch at work. I can plan on spending at least 15 minutes on the toilet. I don't know what it is about the smell of bell peppers that loosens my bowels. Especially since I can eat it in very small doses if part of a tomato sauce. My stomach is gurgling right now thinking of the smell of bell peppers.
    Mayo is disgusting and it ruins everything it touches. It adds no flavor to anything. It's just slime. 'Oh, this sandwich isn't slimy enough for you? Let's put some mayo on it!' No . . . let's not. Every creamy sauce that is made with mayo is fail.

Oh yeah, how could I forget the evilness also known as mayonnaise? The #1, top of the list, item that people try to feed you without letting you know it's there. Every year, throw out at least $50 worth of food that someone added mayo to without asking or listing it on the ingredients. If I had $5 for every time I heard, "Well everyone loves mayo." I could pay off my debts.

Once, I ordered a fast food hamburger without mayo from Carl's Jr. drive thru. I bit into it and discovered the asshats had put at least a 1/4 cup blob of mayo in there. I almost crashed trying to get it out of my mouth and car. Bad, bad, people.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can't eat yougurt or milk that isn't whole. I rarely drink milk at all. I don't like mushy veggies and I don't like meat this isn't cook completely.

Forgot to add that i can't stand peppers of any kind and I can't do oinions unless they are tiny and cooked into the food.

I also hate warm tomatoes and pickles on my sandwiches.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin that can't eat leftovers, even if you make something in the afternoon for lunch, she won't eat it later in the day. If you touch her glass she won't drink from it. It's great when she brings out a beer and you're too lazy to get up, you just have to touch hers and it's yours.

Lazy/Genius level +1000
  • Kelly1552013
    Kelly1552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with tomatoes! I love to eat them by themselves, or just a tomato sandwich. But put them on a sandwich with anything else or in a salad, forget it. I will take them off or fish them out and eat them separate. Drives my husband crazy when I will order a sandwich with tomato and then pick it off!