• ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    687871_o.gif

Haha, love it!! :D
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    is lifting necessary for a flat stomach?

A flat stomach requires a low enough bf% that your body takes fat off the area. That part (how low bf%) is determined by genetics.

Heavy lifting (not circuit training) makes it a whole lot easier to have the flat stomach because you can adjust your bf% without losing too much weight, and allows you to eat more than simply losing weight (which may be fat or muscle if you aren't lifting). It's also goof for you in other ways, like increasing strength and preserving bone density.

i agree with the above & those telling you to lift heavy.

OP, unfortunately i don't have any old pics to share but if i did you would see that i once looked very similar to the pic in the link you provided. my body loves to store fat in the belly. i kept doing lots of cardio & cutting cals. I got down to 117 lbs but wasn't seeing any improvements in my tummy. I looked that way for over a year (closer to two years) with no change....

Then i started heavy lifting last year and i am finally getting results. It took several months but the upper & middle part of my midsection are vastly improved. My lower belly is proving to be more stubborn, but i know i just need to be patient and stick with it. the rest of my body is looking better too. and i get to eat more. I love lifting!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

A flat stomach requires a low enough bf% that your body takes fat off the area. That part (how low bf%) is determined by genetics.

Heavy lifting (not circuit training) makes it a whole lot easier to have the flat stomach because you can adjust your bf% without losing too much weight, and allows you to eat more than simply losing weight (which may be fat or muscle if you aren't lifting). It's also goof for you in other ways, like increasing strength and preserving bone density.

OP, unfortunately i don't have any old pics to share but if i did you would see that i once looked very similar to the pic in the link you provided. my body loves to store fat in the belly. i kept doing lots of cardio & cutting cals. I got down to 117 lbs but wasn't seeing any improvements in my tummy. I looked that way for over a year (closer to two years) with no change....

Then i started heavy lifting last year and i am finally getting results. It took several months but the upper & middle part of my midsection are vastly improved. My lower belly is proving to be more stubborn, but i know i just need to be patient and stick with it. the rest of my body is looking better too. and i get to eat more. I love lifting!

awesome bicep you got there...
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

awesome bicep you got there...

thank you :)
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, maybe a bit more food and lift some weights.
    You can combine it with yoga if you like, alternate it, whatever you like.
    And work on posture, you are standing a bit slouched with pelvis tilted, makes your belly look bigger than it is.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    You can't tone fat.

What is your diet like?

Ding, ding, we have the winning answer right here!
  • BrittBrown09
    BrittBrown09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Someone else may have said it, I didn't read through everything..sorry! But, maybe a gluten intolerance? Try cutting it out for a few weeks and see if that helps.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    re: some of the OT posts ITT, Imma just leave this here: http://www.fatyoga.org/ l(
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I saw the photo. You could try to lose ten more pounds. Keep hitting your calorie goal and do lots of strength training.
  • cajohn
    cajohn Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I have the same problem, I had liposuction and the pouch as you call it , got a bit better but after 7 years it's all back except the shape of the pouch. It doesn't look like an apron , more like rounded all over. To make it worse I had scares from 2 operations on my bikini line, they looked like they were sewn to my mussel but lipo fixed that too. released the skin from where they stuck it too.
    I find that eating some fibre with every meal helped too.

4 prunes plus breakfast
    vegetable soup plus teaspoon of psyllium husk plus lunch
    same with dinner
    and a pear in the evening.
    hope it helps