Looking for Atkins/ Low Carb friends

Options
Cyndi10612
Cyndi10612 Posts: 30 Member
I'm looking for others who are also doing a low carb diet to keep me motivated! Plz add me :)

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request!! Add me!!! I'm right there with ya.....
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm doing atkins/low carb. You can add me.
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Everyone - please add me too! I'm doing Atkins/low carb. Need support, meal suggestions and recipes!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Add me!! :)
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    add me too!

I am doing low sugar/low carb because i have PCOS
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am also donig low carb. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • smkilgore21
    smkilgore21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for motivational MFP friends and am working on a low carb lifestyle. Please add me. :)
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Add me :D I'm a Type 2 diabetic doing a LCHF ketogenic diet for a month now and I feel great!
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    Just started Saturday, entered ketosis yesterday, and dropped two pounds as of today! We can do it!!
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for others who are also doing a low carb diet to keep me motivated! Plz add me :)

there is a group dedicated to Atkins on this forum. Just go to groups and scroll and you will find them. It helped me out.:smile:
  • bradley0320
    bradley0320 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im not on atkins, but I'm only taking in 250 carbs a day to start, and want to reduce it at least every few months.
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • tngirlnow10
    tngirlnow10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too!
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do low carb. But I do not follow Atkins or South Beach 100 % but I do watch my carbs. 150 lost and counting! Its a good way to go!
  • Cyndi10612
    Cyndi10612 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! You are an inspiration! Congrats!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    FIrst day of this app.

I've done Atkins in the past and it worked very well for me (-60 lbs). Kept weight off 2 yrs.

Then I gained back most (+40 lbs) of what I lost after my thyroid failed, before the problem was diagnosed.

Want to start back on a low carb diet. When I did it before, I lost 2--3 lbs a week at 70 g carb/day, so that is what I plan to target now. It should still work without the super-tight induction phase, just with a slower start.

The database is really handy, but I wish myfitnesspal had an option to toggle to a home-page layout that emphasizes things important to carb trackers, with an automated net-carb calculation, calories in a subordinate role, and fiber tracking.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wow. You (Tracy Getsfit) have lost the entire weight (118 lbs as I post today) of a skinny, short woman already. That is amazing!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm doing LCHF, feel free to add me.

Good luck with the weight loss ????
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    After two months of no progress using calories in/out, tracking with fitbit and not going above 1600 cals/day -- I have gone to low carb. I am at 50/day, and will continue with it. I am in peri-menopause (and could be for 10 years, ugh) -- and I suspect my body has changed how well it processes carbs. I'm giving it a full month, with a weigh in on August 1st to see if that helps.

Feel free to add me too.
  • matdilts1
    matdilts1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the first diet I have been on in my life. I'm starting with reduced carbs (150 or less). I need to lose 80 pounds and hope this will work. Feel free to add me. I definitely need some encouragement.