what was your nsv today?

Options

Replies

• pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Beat out laziness. Had a stressful morning at work so I wanted to come home and just nap, actually justified it on the drive home ("I'll lift later, I'll be more awake then, etc.") but instead went straight to lifting when I got home, then took a walk in the evening...so no nap hopefully means a good night's sleep!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    7 miles in 60 minutes :)
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went to buy liquor and the cashier saw my ID and was like "nah. ***lbs? Really? No way!" and then I remembered:

1.) I had lied about my weight to feel thinner at the time I got my driver's license

and

2.) This was the first time I was questioned not because someone suspected I weigh more, but because I appeared as though I (obviously?) weighed less.

I don't look at my ID enough to really think about that. For the record, my face has never been a real fat-storing area for me, so it's hard to tell just looking at the picture that I've changed beyond hair cut & color. It really caught me off guard.

I understand that my weight number is kind of related here, but this incident I feel personally is more of a NSV because it has a lot more to do with how I am perceived than the actual data at this point.

I had a great moment when I went to renew my driver's license--the weight on it from 2010 was 168, and I remember fudging that when I got the license because no way did I weigh 170 pounds, right? This time when they asked if my weight was 168, I was able to say, "Nope! 153." Now it's two pounds less than that, but still, weighing less than I did four years ago feels great.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Today I noticed the straps on my tank tops are starting to fall down my shoulders :) I thought it was just the one tank top being too stretched out, so I tried on 3 other ones (all the same size/brand just different colors) and they all did the same thing! Very very motivating for me especially after a bad binge weekend.
  • sandtisch
    sandtisch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tried on some blazers/jackets that have either never or not recently fit at my upper arms. Now they fit like they should and I just slipped in with no hassle at all. Woo-hoo!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I tried on a size 10 dress and it fit! :-) :-)
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I had 2 NSV's.
    The first was being able to plank for 2 minutes, a new record for me.
    The second was getting a new job after 3 months out of work :D
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I went to the park today to sit by the water, as I occasionally do when I need to clear my head. I sat by a tree and drew my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. This may sound small, but I was absolutely unable to do this when I started.
  • jamesryanfletcher
    jamesryanfletcher Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today I needed to use a new hole on my belt.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half-marathon-length long run today (13.1 miles) in 1:53:20!!

Then I put on my size 12 (UK) linen trousers, noticed they felt pretty loose so I jumped up and down a few times and they fell down to my ankles... ;)
  • chrismonkey88
    Options
    Went down a trouser size so went treated myself to some new clothes. Great motivation.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mine might bi in my imagination!
    On brushing my teeth this morning, noticed my underarm jiggle of flab looked less.......toning up perhaps?!:laugh:

Also, managing easily, now, to do the no booze challenge set here on MFP......day 8 today!
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new shirt because my old one made me look like a kid in his Dad's suit. Turned out after being measured at a proper tailors I am now an 'Extra Slim Fit'!
  • moniduh
    moniduh Posts: 100
    Options
    I felt discouraged on my weeks results but I still did my insanity workout :) also kept pushing myself to consume my remaining calories. Didn't have a headache or feel tired today either yay!
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I broke my PR on planks and am strutting like a peacock :)
  • moniduh
    moniduh Posts: 100
    Options
    I broke my PR on planks and am strutting like a peacock :)

LOL nice one
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I ran with my husband and I was not shy like a used to be a couple of month ago :)
    Love the exercices, love what I am becoming!
  • StephShuttle
    StephShuttle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Went for a 4K run when I really didn't want to. Booked onto a gourmet food and wine night and I don't feel bad about it.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was able to wrap a normal sized bath towel around myself and tuck it in and be completely covered! I haven't been able to do that in probably 15 yrs!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Someone in the office brought in clotted cream fudge, and I haven't eaten any of it :smile: I can get through a packet of it in one sitting if I let myself!!:sick:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!