Body builder or lean physique?

Options

Replies

• ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    My ideal body type... fit and athletic without being bulky... strength with flexibility.

Jessica Biel is my ultimate female body inspiration. Although I don't have the right genetics to have a body like hers, I think she has a perfect balance of fit and curves.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I read this as what is the look you want yourself (not in a member of the opposite sex), so my goal would be this:

chris_evans_captain_america211-256x300.jpg

So somewhere in between? All my inspiration comes from superhero movies... I'm such a nerd :)

He has such a beautiful build.

I love this look on men.

For me, I like having a nice balance of muscle and curves.
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    interested to see the answers here.........................can appreciate the work and dedication it takes to be in great shape............Men, would you rather look like a body builder or like a Calvin Klein underwear model? Ladies, would you rather look like a fitness competitor or a Victoria's Secret model?

I have no interest in getting big and I don't like lifting anyway, so I'll go with the underwear model look.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure... how about when I look in the mirror I want to be able to say, 'hey, that's not so bad!'?
  • attonconrad
    Options
    lean and functional is my aim. I really respect the effort the big boys make and def want to add a little more muscle but i would like to have a utilitarian physique. On girls the athletic look just rocks.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    I think the person 'inside' counts first .. the rest is icing!! :)

So either way, were I to choose, it would depend on the man.

Oh ladies? I would like looking like a VS model. Size 6 is
    the smallest I would want to ever be, if I were able to get
    there!

Size 6 != VS model
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't get much more lean than a competitive bodybuilder. But I think the question was more about how big do guys want to get, and how defined do women want to be.

That's what I was thinking! They have like 0 fat :-)
    Myself? Far from a VS model, not my ideal at all. I like what I've built, might be too much muscle for some women (or men) but it's not for you. Fitness model is too lean for me personally but once again most don't walk around like that. You can be muscular fit and still curvy ladies!

HMVOL7409 you have a gorgeous physique, I strive for that look over any other, and agree some fitness models are leaner than I think I'd like to be. But I don't really find any body type unattractive if they are healthy.

Thank you. ????

Various other responses:

Tight curvy booties are built. Don't want to lose it? Lift it.

Toned? Toned is simply referring to reduction of bodyfat. You can't choose where you lose fat from so sacrificing some boobs for fat loss is often times inevitable.

Genetics is not a reason or an excuse to strive for your goals. Genetics don't gift someone a certain body; you still have to put in hard work.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I like guys that are fun to hang out with both out of and in bed. In my experience, those two categories can be filled by any physique. Any physique can also fail in both of those categories as well.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NereyaRanVihn
    NereyaRanVihn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    VS model, absolutely. :)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    ... old school bodybuilder anytime!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    bodybuilders are lean.

lean = low body fat percentage/muscle with not much fat......... lean meat there's not much fat on it, but still the muscle.

I think the distinction should be worded:

built with muscle definition

v

not so built without visible muscle definition

there are other variations, e.g. built without visible muscle definition (e.g. like some powerlifters) and not so built but with visible muscle definition (quite a lot of small guys with really good muscle definition out there)

ETA: not that I spend time examining male torsos though.... well, kind of. But only for Science.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think overdeveloped machine built physiques look awful.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Frank zane had the most appealing physique of the golden age bodybuilders..

My ideal physique is something that is functional/aesthetic .
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    first I have to catch up to Mr. Lateralus614 guy looks amazing then Id have to say like IFBB PRO Rob Riches
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Od school bodybuilders are far preferable than the mass beasts of today
    FZbeard.jpg
    Pretty much this

Yup. Golden era bodybuilder.
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    Can I be in the middle please?
    I dont want to be the incredible 'Hulk-ette' but i certainly want to be lean, and have defined abs!
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    lol... yes you can takes hard work, proper clean eating, slowly reducing your caloric intake and rest lots of water to flush out the toxins
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    lol... yes you can takes hard work, proper clean eating, slowly reducing your caloric intake and rest lots of water to flush out the toxins

huh?
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    she wants to be lean, that was just a short version of what need to happen now you tracking