Any yogis, meditators, or free spirits here?

2»

Replies

• phranklyphred
    phranklyphred Posts: 1 Member
    I'm just starting out and I know that in order to successfully lose weight, I am going to need to use meditation to help with self control. Is there any one else out there interested in logging their meditation minutes for accountability?
  • tanishabearr
    tanishabearr Posts: 15 Member
    I'm planning/hoping to begin yoga soon- my college has some classes that're free under my program. I've done meditation ever since I was little- now I meddle with regularly meditate with crystals and essential oils. The meditation has literally been the one good thing in my life I can always count on to bring peace and ground me, with all the explosions of everyday life. :) I'm always looking to add people and give/receive support! :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    I know I'm a little late here.....but me!!! I do yoga, meditation, grounding, chakra clearing etc etc :-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I've done yoga on and off since high school.. more off than on but I love it and planning to start again very soon.. love meditation, colour therapy and had my chakras cleared once and it blew me away. I didn't even know about it when I had it done. Amazingly powerful stuff!
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    I've always wanted to get into yoga but unfortunately can't afford classes, I'm hoping someday I will...but I consider myself a Buddhist and something of a free spirit, and I do like to practice meditation when I can, it definitely helps a lot with stress.

YouTube has a ton of yoga videos for free. If you have an iPhone, you can buy the Yoga Studio app for cheap (maybe $2.99?) and have hundreds of classes and instruction available whenever you want it.

I have to give this (or in person lessons) a try. I went to shiatsu last night and the woman who worked on me said that I need to increase the range of motion in my shoulders/arms. Legs and core work wouldn't hurt either.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    I do yoga most mornings and am prone to taking long, slow, nature hikes every weekend.

Sometimes I meditate, but I'm currently out of the habit as my life has become very low stress and I don't often feel the need.

I find these things relaxing and the practice of mindfulness keeps me calm and levelheaded throughout my life.

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Is that you, BooBoo?
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Yoga teacher here! Feel free to add me :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Kumare! Kumare! Kumare!

Best documentary ever.