What Are Some Of Your Calorie Cutting Tricks?

Options

Replies

• joebooth28
    joebooth28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to eat foods that pack more of a "punch" so that I don't get hungry. Things like Cottage Cheese, Bananas, Toast and Peanut Butter, Apples... Things that are filling for me so I am not looking for something to eat an hour later.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    When I'm baking biscuits I make them smaller than I used to. For the last batch I made that meant a difference of about 50 calories per biscuit! The calorie difference depends on the recipe, of course, but every little helps!
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    no cheese, bread, peanut butter, butter, salad dressing, dessert, alcohol

That sounds miserable.

I use Miracle Whip in my tuna instead of mayo, since it doesn't make too big of a difference to me. Also, I use PB2 when I'm craving peanut butter but know I want more than a couple tablespoons!

I keep hearing about PB2 what is it and where do you get it?
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

and no fun!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    - I bought two things for my weight loss journey - a 64 ounce water jug, and a food scale. I try and drink two jugs full of water each day.

- I said goodbye to coffee, and hello to herbal teas, organic teas, english breakfast tea, green tea, black tea, red tea and all other cups of deliciousness. I have yet to put a pack of sugar or drop of milk into a cup of tea.

- Not all dressings are created equal! I once saw a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette with more than one and a half times the calories of Ranch!

- I said goodbye creamy salad dressing, hello Simply Dressed & Light Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette! It is DELICIOUS - and only 17 calories per tablespoon! WHAAAAT? I know! My kids even ask me to buy it because it tastes good.

- More vegetables!

The thing I find easiest is just not buying crap food. I live 15 minutes from civilization so if it's not in my cupboard, no one is eating it. It's really easy to just not even buy it - I write a list before I grocery shop, I stick to that list and I only go down the aisles for essentials - rice, spices, etc. I couldn't tell you where the chip aisle even is in my store.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    More protein for my breakfast.
    Portion sizes.
    Balancing carbs/proteins/fats more reasonably.
    Eating out once a week instead of 2 or 3 times.
    Holding myself accountable and logging any 'extras' that I eat or snack on.
    Stopped lying to myself (Oh one more cookie won't make a difference!)
    Great advice! Thanks! Yes, I find that eating more protein keeps me full longer and then I don't binge!
  • ktroiano1983
    ktroiano1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat mostly hot things. Hot things (temperature and/or spiciness) make me feel like I'm eating something much richer than it is. So for vegetables I'll stir fry them in just some herbs and non-stick spray and they taste much more "umami" than just a salad. Lots of vege-based soups.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    skipping "breakfast"
    brushing teeth earlier at night
    using protein shakes between meals to curve hunger
    tons of water
    having a mental talk with myself before eating crappy foods regarding whether i can afford to eat said food or not
    never eating out unless i have no other option (which comes up once every couple weeks anyway)
    biking to work
    eating less processed foods
    eating slower and smaller bites
    not getting second helpings unless its completely needed, and only after waiting 15 minutes after finishing my first helping
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Increasing protein
    Big glass of water before I start putting together a meal
    Piece of fruit or serving of veggies (e.g., salad or big handful of baby carrots) before I start putting together my meal
    Slowing down and eating mindfully and without distraction (I'm terrible at this, but when I do it I notice a big difference!)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Here is my secret, you cannot tell anyone. I have a patent on this so I do get residuals. Ready; I lowered my calorie input and raised my caloies output. I know, sound simple, but it has been working.

No cutting out anything, except sitting watching the tv.

Just one old man's opinion.........

True. But I thought this thread was about ways to help you do that.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Think I need to be grateful I don't like peanut butter...

*nods* me too!
  • sweet2def
    sweet2def Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fizzy water to fill me up
  • johnsat
    johnsat Posts: 7
    Options
    Planning list every thing you have eaten and keep in mind what you plan to eat get the portion right and nothing is out of bounds. I still drink beer, go out for meals eat peanut butter, I put cream on my strawberrys and generally eat what i want. If I over do it I add an extra gym session, you must burn more than you intake just eat a bit less and move a bit more it may not be fast but it goes. Good luck
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I substitute plain greek yogurt for sour cream and PB2 for peanut butter. Some people would disagree, but they taste just like the real stuff to me. Also, 50 calorie high fiber/low carb tortillas have been a Godsend.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese.

lol :laugh:

HZDUA7R.jpg
  • sanderbant
    sanderbant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I substitute plain greek yogurt for sour cream and PB2 for peanut butter. Some people would disagree, but they taste just like the real stuff to me. Also, 50 calorie high fiber/low carb tortillas have been a Godsend.

And 60 calorie flax pitas! Could not live without them!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What is PB2 and where can you find it? How many calories does it have?
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Wow, all those things are good in moderation and if used within your allowed calories. Why cut anything? Reduce, yes, but not eliminate. I won't go overboard and eat a tub of ice cream everyday, thereby crossing out much needed nutrients. But, whatever works for you.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I measure out EVERYTHING...if I eat pasta, I'll literally only eat half a cup and put it in a salad instead of using it as a main course. No dressings/vinaigrettes. Cottage cheese!