Home workouts

Options
Ok so I am not much of a go to the gym type of person...to me it is just too much of a hassle (i have a baby). My daily workouts consist of my WII LOL!! 40mins of Zumba, 40mins of JustDance2, and sometimes 10 or 20 mins of pilates so you can see im not a big fan of a treadmill LOL!!! anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of an at home workout video or program that shows results but not so intense that i will not stick with it...any suggestions??? 30 day shred??? i cant really think of any other ones off the top of my head

Replies

• lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    I love the Zumba and Just Dance workouts, those are the ones i do! I started Gold's Gym Dance workout today and highly recommend it!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can get zumba and turbo jam dvd's that aren't for the wii that I've heard are fun. I'm not a treadmill person either, but I have one so I started training for a 5K. I'm doing the c25k, and I surprise myself with how i will stick to my schedule!
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. She does a mile at a time and it's simple walking in your home. I started with one mile and have worked up to two. It's really easy to follow but I always get a great workout from it :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels (For a cheap option)
    Anything Beachbody (for the not so cheap option - P90X, Brazilian Butt Lift, ChaLean)
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    30 day shred is great because it kicks your butt in such a short amount of time! I think you would like that one....or check out Netflix for variety they have a lot of different things to try on there. It is nice to mix it up. I don't go to the gym anymore either so it is hard to keep those home workouts interesting!!
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam!! It is so much fun & gets you the reults you are looking for.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba and Just Dance workouts, those are the ones i do! I started Gold's Gym Dance workout today and highly recommend it!

Is the Gold's Gym dance workout a game or is it just a dvd? oh and is that Emmett from twilight on your ticker?LOL
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. She does a mile at a time and it's simple walking in your home. I started with one mile and have worked up to two. It's really easy to follow but I always get a great workout from it :)

This may be a dumb question, but do you need a treadmill, or what? I would love some options for when I'm home with sick kids and can't get to the Y!

Thanks!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think I might need to invest in some Wii workouts!

Do all the Wii workout type things require the Wii fit? I do not have that yet.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Check with your cable provider. if yuo have Exercise TV, I HIGHLY recommend that you try some workouts on there. They are free and you can fit them into any schedule. :) I also realllllllllly love my "8 Minute" videos. The dude is in a 1980s leotard, but the workouts kick my butt! 8 Minute Arms, 8 Minute Abs, 8 Minute Legs, and 8 Minute Buns. Might be able to find them super cheap since they are sooooo out-dated!
    I havent found a Biggest Loser workout I dont like yet. They are all really great, but I especially like the Last Chance Workout, the Cardio max DVD, and the Cardi oSculpt DVD. I didnt like Jillian Michael's Shred at all. I commited to all 30 days, and gained weight. :( The others are awesome though!!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo Jam...its a lot of fun, burns a lot of calories and most workouts are 20-40 minutes long. I'm totally loving it!!
  • EBell83
    EBell83 Posts: 18
    Options
    I didn't realize Netflix had workouts available! I will check that out. I noticed that my cable provider offers a lot of free at home workout routines in the On Demand menus. I can choose from yoga, Jillian Michaels, etc. I think 30 day shred is still available there...but not sure. I've been occupied with the Tower 200 lately. :-) I have the Brazillian Butt Lift videos, but haven't tried them out yet.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't have time for they gym. i have 2 little ones myself ,so when i work out it's in the morning before they wake up. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred and loving it. i plan on getting zumba DVD next. i also do yoga which i have that workout memorized. When the weather is warm i go walking 2 miles
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have quite a collection of dvds (at least 15) and out of all of them my top three favourites are
    The best in my opinion- Cindy Crawford the next challenge. Read up the reviews of this on amazon.com too. Don't get put off by the fact that cindy crawford is in it too! It's her and her trainer (who trains loads of celebrities) it's an hour long and does EVERYTHING! You get arms, but, chest, back, shoulders, ABS, cardio and legs. There are some really great moves here that i've never come across in other dvds. I've noticed a difference using this 2-3 times a week. It really is fabulous. The warm down is the best of any dvd i've tried and although it was made some years ago, the music and styling is timeless.

2nd- if i'm looking for a workuot, but one not as challenging as the cindy crawford one i'll turn to my Self dvds. I have the 'best butt fast' and the 'slim and sleek fast'. These are about 45 minutes each. I like the trainers and still work up a sweat, but i'm not really really pushing myself to my limits like the cindy crawford one. I find that these two Self dvds are really easy to follow and have some fun moves, like some ballet inspired routines.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I'm really similar to you!! I bought a Dancing with the Stars Latin Cardio DVD and LOVED it!!! I also have a Kettlebell DVD that came with my $18 Kettlebell from WalMart (Danskin brand). AMAZING workout and it burns so many calories so fast!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your advice. I too would like to try some new dvds, but I need beginner or easy ones. I like leslie sansone walking ones because it is so easy to follow
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    :happy: thank you everyone for all the suggestions now i have some idea of what i am actually looking for
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Turbo Jammer. I'm finishing week 3 tomorrow.
    I did the 30 Day shred before TJ.
    I love TJ, it's so fun, and I need a schedule to follow, which is another reason I love it so much. I feel more accountable having a schedule.
  • Ngolden1
    Ngolden1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.Tv. Her workouts are short and super intense. They are more like HIIT which evidence suggests is more effective than long, moderate effort work-outs. Check it out - so inspirational.
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    I'm also a Turbo Jammer. I'm finishing week 3 tomorrow.
    I did the 30 Day shred before TJ.
    I love TJ, it's so fun, and I need a schedule to follow, which is another reason I love it so much. I feel more accountable having a schedule.

Which did you prefer??? the Turbo Jam or 30 day shred? which kept you more motivated to do?