Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

which greek yogurt brand is better?

Replies

• I live in a small town, where is Walmart doesn't have it...then I don't have it.

I go back and forth between Yoplait Greek 100 (the apple pie is awesome) and Oikos (usually blueberry or cherry). They are usually $1.00 and coupons.com always have coupons for one or another. I am not a hugh couponer but if I find them and I would buy the product anyways, I use them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Cabot Greek Yogurt is my favorite.

me too- seems to not be as popular- but it's a great thick texture- and not nearly as expensive as Fage.

Although- the 10% milkfat is readibly available all the time- the low fat is hard to find. I like them both- just the low fat means I can eat all 220 grams- the 10%milk fat means I only get 130 or so. :( full cup serving of 10% milk fat is like 330 calories vs the 190 of the low fat.

I have had the chowbani single serving greek yogurts but compared to a more robust brand- it's like cow slobber- just seriously- not that great- not sure how they got so famous honestly LMAO.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    If you can find Dannon fit & light, those are all the rage right now because of the macros. Unfortunately, my grocer doesn't carry it so I have to get Yoplait Source which has great macros too, 50 cal 8 protein, 4 carbs, 0 fat per 100g.
    I am with this post. 100%. I can't buy the Fit and Light early nor often enough.

The Dannon Activia has a good texture, too.
  • zzspezialkzz
    zzspezialkzz Posts: 3 Member
    My fave is Fage. I get it in a large tub at Costco. When I have it for breakfast I usually add a cup of blueberries and 1/8 cup of granola.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    I buy the chobani multi pack at BJs.
  • HaidaB
    HaidaB Posts: 8
    In the UK - Fage; it's pretty much the only genuine Greek yoghurt you can buy in British supermarkets - the rest are "Greek-style" - quite a big difference in the protein content, and usually made with stuff to bulk it out.
  • ErynV15
    ErynV15 Posts: 59 Member
    I just had Yoplait Blended Greek Yogurt - Tangerine and it was disgusting. So sugary. Then, I looked up the ingredients.. blah! Need to pay more attention next time.
  • jmdg5141
    jmdg5141 Posts: 4 Member
    I have been just making my own yogurt, it's pretty simple to make. It also is super cheap and only has one ingredient. Milk.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Love Fage- Costco often has a variety pack for a reasonable amount

You can also get the large tub and divvy it out yourself
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Chobani and Fage over here :)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Fage or bust.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Ingredients in Friendly Farms Greek:

cultured pasteurized nonfat milk, contains five live active cultures: lactobacillus bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophilus, lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidus, lactobacillus casei.

What's not to love!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I like the ingredients, taste and texture of Fage plain, but unless you can find it on sale, it's not cheap. I don't typcially like the flavored yogurts out there, but I recently stumbled on Tillamook Farmstyle Greek (raspberry or vanilla) and the ingredients aren't too bad, and tastes great. About the same price as Fage though.

There was a post recently with lots of suggestions...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1324919-favorite-greek-yogurt

I buy Fage when its on sale, Safeway or Harris Teether have them on sale 10 for $10 once a month. So for two weeks out of the month I buy my Fage that way.
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek.... I won't buy anything else!! I wish my local grocers carried more flavors though. I miss the Coconut Vanilla and Key Lime Pie blends.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Fage hands down!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    The dannon and the yoplay are not true Greek yogurts only Greek style. They add fillers to make them thicker. I still say Fage. Its more pricey so some times I eat chobonni or store brand. Plain is great as sour cream and sandwich spread :D
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Just to chime in more for Fage --- I've tried 6 or 7 different brands and Fage continues to be the best.

This. To me, the Cabot is very tart. Chobani is my 2nd choice.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Fage 0% Plain. Nothing else even comes close for me in terms of taste and texture.
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    I use the Great Value at Walmart, less then $4 for a tub Greek yogurt.

^This.
    Cal - 120
    P - 23
    C- 8
    F -0
    Add a serving of sugar free gelatin/228gr (2 servings) of yogurt, and it completely covers the funky taste of the yogurt without all the carbs. At only $.50 - .$.75 per gelatin. Its worth a try. My favorite is the peach gelatin.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    i like dannon light and fit and powerful yogurt it has 21 grams of protein