which greek yogurt brand is better?

Options

Replies

• JenniferOBX4
    Options
    I live in a small town, where is Walmart doesn't have it...then I don't have it.

I go back and forth between Yoplait Greek 100 (the apple pie is awesome) and Oikos (usually blueberry or cherry). They are usually $1.00 and coupons.com always have coupons for one or another. I am not a hugh couponer but if I find them and I would buy the product anyways, I use them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cabot Greek Yogurt is my favorite.

me too- seems to not be as popular- but it's a great thick texture- and not nearly as expensive as Fage.

Although- the 10% milkfat is readibly available all the time- the low fat is hard to find. I like them both- just the low fat means I can eat all 220 grams- the 10%milk fat means I only get 130 or so. :( full cup serving of 10% milk fat is like 330 calories vs the 190 of the low fat.

I have had the chowbani single serving greek yogurts but compared to a more robust brand- it's like cow slobber- just seriously- not that great- not sure how they got so famous honestly LMAO.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    If you can find Dannon fit & light, those are all the rage right now because of the macros. Unfortunately, my grocer doesn't carry it so I have to get Yoplait Source which has great macros too, 50 cal 8 protein, 4 carbs, 0 fat per 100g.
    I am with this post. 100%. I can't buy the Fit and Light early nor often enough.

The Dannon Activia has a good texture, too.
  • zzspezialkzz
    zzspezialkzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fave is Fage. I get it in a large tub at Costco. When I have it for breakfast I usually add a cup of blueberries and 1/8 cup of granola.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I buy the chobani multi pack at BJs.
  • HaidaB
    HaidaB Posts: 8
    Options
    In the UK - Fage; it's pretty much the only genuine Greek yoghurt you can buy in British supermarkets - the rest are "Greek-style" - quite a big difference in the protein content, and usually made with stuff to bulk it out.
  • ErynV15
    ErynV15 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just had Yoplait Blended Greek Yogurt - Tangerine and it was disgusting. So sugary. Then, I looked up the ingredients.. blah! Need to pay more attention next time.
  • jmdg5141
    jmdg5141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been just making my own yogurt, it's pretty simple to make. It also is super cheap and only has one ingredient. Milk.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love Fage- Costco often has a variety pack for a reasonable amount

You can also get the large tub and divvy it out yourself
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Fage over here :)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Fage or bust.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Ingredients in Friendly Farms Greek:

cultured pasteurized nonfat milk, contains five live active cultures: lactobacillus bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophilus, lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidus, lactobacillus casei.

What's not to love!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I like the ingredients, taste and texture of Fage plain, but unless you can find it on sale, it's not cheap. I don't typcially like the flavored yogurts out there, but I recently stumbled on Tillamook Farmstyle Greek (raspberry or vanilla) and the ingredients aren't too bad, and tastes great. About the same price as Fage though.

There was a post recently with lots of suggestions...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1324919-favorite-greek-yogurt

I buy Fage when its on sale, Safeway or Harris Teether have them on sale 10 for $10 once a month. So for two weeks out of the month I buy my Fage that way.
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek.... I won't buy anything else!! I wish my local grocers carried more flavors though. I miss the Coconut Vanilla and Key Lime Pie blends.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    Fage hands down!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    The dannon and the yoplay are not true Greek yogurts only Greek style. They add fillers to make them thicker. I still say Fage. Its more pricey so some times I eat chobonni or store brand. Plain is great as sour cream and sandwich spread :D
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in more for Fage --- I've tried 6 or 7 different brands and Fage continues to be the best.

This. To me, the Cabot is very tart. Chobani is my 2nd choice.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Plain. Nothing else even comes close for me in terms of taste and texture.
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use the Great Value at Walmart, less then $4 for a tub Greek yogurt.

^This.
    Cal - 120
    P - 23
    C- 8
    F -0
    Add a serving of sugar free gelatin/228gr (2 servings) of yogurt, and it completely covers the funky taste of the yogurt without all the carbs. At only $.50 - .$.75 per gelatin. Its worth a try. My favorite is the peach gelatin.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i like dannon light and fit and powerful yogurt it has 21 grams of protein