How best to reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Pounds - Reward
    230 - plan a date night with my husband (aka find a babysitter which we NEVER do)
    210 - TBD
    190 - open box of clothes that’s been closed for 2 years
    170 - TBD
    155 - wrist tattoo
    135 - both kids' names tattoos
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm such a girl, shopping for jewellery and/or shoes!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    depends on who you are and what you like

at 230 i got a new watch
    at 210 i bought a kayak
    still thinking of what to do once i reach my final goal weight, ill probably throw a kegger or something
    this!! at 60 lost I bought myself a new saddle,,(I ride horse,just to clearify!) I actually had to my old one got to big for me,,at 40 lost I bought myself a new road bike,next big goal..not sure yet,,will see what catches my eye!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I buy new fitness gadgets. A heart rate monitor, new dumbells, kettlebells, mat, other weights, fitness DVDs....At 50# I bought myself a new bike which I love putting miles on. I just buy clothes when I want clothes and get manis/pedis when my nails need done but I do try to rationalize the workout stuff, after all, I can really lose without it - it is just more fun with it!
  • laratacita
    laratacita Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I'll celebrate my over 40 pounds lost milestone by making this post so it shows my tracker.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a charm bracelet ( pandora, troll etc). Buy a new charm each time you lose 10 pounds.
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How about a manicure or pedicure. Get your eyebrows arched. A new fitness DVD some new nail polish if you wear it or lipstick.
  • mackmama11
    mackmama11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am so busy that I really don't have time to watch t.v. so every time I lose a full pound I watch something on my dvr or Netflix.
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I buy myself cookware! Like cast iron skillets, a cake platter (I try not to eat the cakes I bake), mason jars, whatever items I've been wanting.

Also - sexy clothes! :)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love the massage idea and get them often. Following the theme you could also do pedicures, manicures and facials. Since I am in the middle of my journey (about 40lbs left) I usually buy new workout clothes.

I do love the Pandora bracelet idea. Very cute. Also cookware since I am a junkie!

Good luck!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pedicure? I run a lot so my feet are so beaten up....a nice pedi totally makes me feel good and motivates me to run more...LOL
  • akbp77
    akbp77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to reward myself with makeup and/or jewelry.
    I try to avoid buying clothes when I want to lose weight, because I like to think they won't fit right in a couple of weeks anyway :)
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight my husband is hiring a photographer to take family pictures for me (:
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ive started buying different colored socks and shirts to workout in in all colors inexpensive instead of food reward because my big reward at the end is going to cost some money
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I do a massage Pedicure New article of clothing Movie
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I buy new fitness gadgets. A heart rate monitor, new dumbells, kettlebells, mat, other weights, fitness DVDs....At 50# I bought myself a new bike which I love putting miles on. I just buy clothes when I want clothes and get manis/pedis when my nails need done but I do try to rationalize the workout stuff, after all, I can really lose without it - it is just more fun with it!

i am the same. I find things that will support and encourage the changes I am making in my lifestyle. I also find it helps motivate as well. 10lbs till I get new item. then when you get it your excited, you use it and go a little harder then.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Just losing is the biggest reward I could ask for.
    I buy clothes, in advance (smaller) and enjoy trying them on "just to see".
    This is strange, but just purchased an expensive leaf blower for the yard.
    Long story but we need it and using it will make me burn calories.
    Double bonus. :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Set minor goals, which get you minor rewards, say at 10 pounds a new workout outfit.

Also have major goals, which get you/ That's right you got it major rewards, like that new HRM you've been eyeing.

You can set your minor goals at 10 pound increments and set them to a monetary value, say 25 dollars.

Your major goals can be set at 25 pounds and again at 50 and either set a value for them or just go wild and get what it is you really want. Especially at the 50 pound mark, go wild!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself with health and awesomeness.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I want to come up with rewards to give to myself as added incentive to meet my various weight loss goals. I was thinking about rewarding myself at every 10-lb loss. Does anyone have any suggestions on rewards that are not food related? I've been suggested to give myself a massage but I don't want to do that every time.

A massage is not such a bad idea. A spa day is a good reward. Or try doing something new that you had not been able to do before.