How much were you at size 12?

Options

Replies

• MimiMedrano
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I wore 12's through the 160's, 10's through the 150's and 8's through the 140's. I'm at 142 now and the 8's are baggy. My tops went from XL to M. I hit up thrift shops to get clothes to keep me going until I hit my goal weight.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Who cares!!! Unless your constructing a graph and working out a average weight per height. This info is useless!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 12 and I am 163 pounds. I'm trying to get down to a size 10, but I have been as low as 155 before and still was a size 12, so I think it depends on your body type as well. I'm 5'10" and will never be a size 6. Even when I do reach my goal weight of 150 pounds I will probably still only get down to a size 10.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    At 5' 9" and 175lbs, I'm in a size 14 Levia skinny jean, a Torrid skinny jean size 12 that won't stay up unless I wear a belt and even then they are baggy, and (JcP) St John Bay size 12 capris that are getting to need a belt. I'm going this weekend to replace my NY&C size 14 dress slacks that won't stay up even with a belt on; I'm hoping for a size 10 even if they are a little snug.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was about 65-70kgs at size 12 I'm 5'8.. I was size 14 at 75kgs a couple of years ago

Now size 8, at 58kgs :)

(Australian sizes)
  • AJ4983
    AJ4983 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I wore a Juniors size 11/12 briefly at 176 lbs after giving birth, most of my weight being in my waist though, then immediately went down to a Juniors 9/10 after the c-section healed. I am now 122 lbs and wear a size 2, and at the Gap a 24 or 00 in "skinny jeans," which made me laugh hysterically because I considered myself to have a larger derriere at one time (and still do.)
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That's a relatively useless question, because people carry weight differently.

I'm 5'3" and weigh 130 pounds and I'm currently a 9/10 in pants and shorts. I'd estimate that 90% of my excess fat is in my butt/hips/thighs. For people who carry more fat in their upper body, they might be 2-4 pants sizes smaller than me at the same weight/height.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am a size 4 at 5' 3 1/2" and 121 pounds. I am planning to diet, probably to somewhere in the 112 - 116 range; I have not pinpointed the exact number yet. I want to remain a 4 but my 4s will fit better when I lose the excess weight. I probably would wear a 2 now in Gap jeans; Gap jeans definitely run large! I estimate that to wear size 12 jeans (other than Gap jeans), I would need to gain approximately 50 pounds.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I weighed in the 160s when I wore a size 12.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 165. I hover between a 10 and a 12 depending on brand
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Crazy to say it feels like, but I where that right now and have been wearing that for a while. Highest in that was 210lb 5'2.
  • Brianne333
    Brianne333 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    5'3" and it's been a while since I wore a 12 but I remember my weight clearly (the weight I graduated at, funny how our high school weight seems to stick in our minds so well!!) and I was between 180-195. Which seems heavy in comparison to many others here for that size, but I've always had quite a bit of muscle.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster, the information is pretty useless. We all have different body structures, body types, etc...

I am 5'6, small framed, a mother in my 30s, currently 164.4lbs and I fit most US 14, sometimes 16. I can put on a 12 with a muffin top depending on the brand. Well besides for Old Navy where I am a 12, go figure. Probably another 5-10lbs before 12s fit.
    Now to throw in a monkey wrench, I can not fit into my jeans I got married in back when I was 20-ish Those jeans are a 15 juniors from Walmart and they where loose on me. I weighted around the same weight than as now and I did fit most size 12/13s just fine.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Welcome to vanity sizing! What WAS a size 9 when I was in high school in the 1960s is now a size 4. What used to be a size 11 is now a 6! Size 13 then = size 8 now; size 15 then = size 10 now. Manufacturers have progressively increased their garment measurements over these past decades. A marketing strategy! A size 7 back in the day would wear size 2 now, a size 5 then would be a size 0 now, and a size 3 back then is equal to size 00 in vanity sizing.
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 4 i weigh 178lbs still loose 18 uk think was size 12uk at 130 lbs going back over 20 years ago
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It depends on more than weight. Height and BF% plays a role, too. Since fat loss comes down to genetics, it's impossible to say where you'll lose from as you lose weight. Just lose at a moderate pace, pick up some form of resistance training if possible to retain muscle and have patience. I'm 5'3.5" and I was around 150 lbs at size 11. Also, brand of jeans makes a huge difference. Vanity sizing for women's jeans makes it impossible to be just one size depending on brand.

Yes, I find this is true for me too.

I'm 5' and when I was a size 11, I was somewhere around 140-145 or so. At the time though, I could also wear some 9's, but was most comfortable in 12. Junior sizes were not my friend when my weight was higher. Still isn't :blushing:
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    This is going to depend on so many things, including height, muscle tone, genetics, pelvic width, clothing store/designer, etc.

Also, body shape. The answer is going to be very different for a pear (big hips, thighs, and butt) than a strawberry (wide shoulders, narrow hips).

I'm a strawberry and I wore a size 12 when I was in the 180s. I wore 10s in the 170s, and am now wearing 8s at 165. I'm 5'6" and 44 yo.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was 5'4" and around 167 lbs.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of muscle in my lower half. So about 170 lbs for a US women's size 12 at 5'5.5" depending on the cut of the hips.
  • sydn3y22
    sydn3y22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 180lb and im in a size 12..but I cant fit in most junior 13 or 15.