CRAVINGS! THE CRAVINGS!

Options
Hey, guys!

What do you do to distract yourself from pointless eating? What are some tips/tricks you've stumbled across that have worked for you?

Me, personally, I like buying those desert flavored gums and chewing on those instead of reaching for candy. Water is always a good option as well.

What works for you??

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, protein pudding or sugar free pudding or jello, pop cakes, rice cakes, zero-calorie water flavorings and of course sugar free gum.

I also make a virgin strawberry daiquiri that's really low cal, and extremely delicious.

Blend
    2 C frozen strawberries
    1 C diet ginger ale or fresca
    2 packets stevia
    splash of lemon juice

Add more soda until its the consistency you want. In this 110 degree AZ heat, it's the best thing in the world.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm addicted to crunchy, so i just go with ice but recently i've started making iced tea ice cubes with trader joe blueberry tea and eating those ...
  • Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

What do you do to distract yourself from pointless eating? What are some tips/tricks you've stumbled across that have worked for you?

Me, personally, I like buying those desert flavored gums and chewing on those instead of reaching for candy. Water is always a good option as well.

What works for you??

I usually start eating stuff that won't make me feel bad and takes up a lot of space in my stomach: carrots, soda water, cucumber, bell pepper, almonds.
    Are you a sweet tooth? Last year I had to make some big changes with my eating habits after discovering that I truly have a problem with sweet stuff. Go through the list and check yourself: http://sugarfreejuli.com/are-you-addicted-to-sugar-symptoms-of-sugar-addiction/

Tim
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    most diet vegetables are really depressing to me . you know like celery and carrots and lettuce. other than lettuce i dont eat those.
    the ones that i do like are:

radishes
    jicima slices
    cucumbers and pickles
    i pounce them on NOSALT

sometimes i put yellow ballpark mustard in a saucer and eat that with a small spoon. i know that sounds gross but its not that different than if i were eating mustard from a plate that had fallen off a hotdog or sandwich. 0 calories.

the main way i handle cravings is to do cardio long enough to eat what ever it is im craving. i eat all my calories back and it makes the difference between sustaining and crazy hungry failure.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i find when i stray from eating healthy then i start to get cravings for bread and sugar..when i follow my diet then i dont get the cravings