should i be offended....

Options

Replies

• qwicherbytchin
    Options
    I've lost almost 16 lbs and no one has noticed. I'm not offended. I'll just be that much happier when I get to the point that they DO notice.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd rather someone punch me in the face then mention anything about my weight. I find those discussions to be awkward at the least and usually horrifying. I'm probably not going to mention anyone's weight loss because of this.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    No,how much did you weigh to begin with?
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have found that in general, weight loss or weight gain is more evident on a shorter person than a taller person, and more evident on a thinner person than a heavier person.
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds and people still haven't noticed. I do though and that's what matters.

I agree!!

applause-o.gif?w=490
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    there is this fed ex lady that always comes into my work.... she was morbidly obese about a year ago, and lost sooo much weight. everytime i see her i wanna say something, but i'm worried that SAYING something might offend her... so i dont.. i jUst admire from afar lol.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    there is this fed ex lady that always comes into my work.... she was morbidly obese about a year ago, and lost sooo much weight. everytime i see her i wanna say something, but i'm worried that SAYING something might offend her... so i dont.. i jUst admire from afar lol.

In situations like this, I'll go so far as to say, "You look good today"...

...but even that is a trap for something like "oh, so you're saying I looked bad yesterday???"...

...or, since I'm now a 42 year old man, I have to make sure I don't let any creepy into my tone.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Don't be offended. I know that I don't notice that stuff - I think that my coworkers could dye their hair purple and I wouldn't notice. It just isn't something I pay attention to. I actually feel bad when I don't notice that stuff on other people but I really just don't. I guess I am not really a girly-girl anymore like I was when I was younger.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    no one has told me that i look like ive lost weight? I can tell but noone else apparently can...

Not at all!

Don't worry about what other people think. I've lost over a 100+ pounds & sometimes wish people would stop commenting on my weight loss or appearance.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here. Your profile says your goal is to lose 20 pounds and you've lost 14. There are a lot of people who probably wouldn't notice a 14 pound weight loss...but for you that could be a jeans or dress size and a lot more obvious to you. Relax. You are losing weight for you. Take joy in your accomplishment and being more fit. You don't need others to validate your weight loss.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Some people don't comment because they worry that if they do the person will be offended, especially if they don't know that you have been dieting.

People that see you often may have a harder time noticing as well.

I can say that is incorrect in my case that people I see everyday can tell.

Weight loss is for you right? So you care about others complimenting you because ????
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    i am down 12 lbs and one person told my mom "she looks like she lost some weight" but other than that no one has said much. my sister tells me once in a while i look "skinny" haha but that might depend on my outfit. I can see it in my face but i dont think anyone else really notices. awe well im not doing it for them, im doing it for me...and to look smokin in my bikini ;)

You posted this in another thread. That's two people who have told you.
    Priceless
  • Giribaldi
    Giribaldi Posts: 10
    Options
    as long as you feel great thats really what matters. The compliments are really just the icing to the cake. Congrats on losing weight!
  • touslesmemes
    Options
    no one has told me that i look like ive lost weight? I can tell but noone else apparently can...

they are probably just blinded by your beautiful personality. *dramatic hair flip*
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Commenting on weight loss is a crap shoot 50/50 chance the person gets offended.
  • 651crystal
    Options
    No, as long as you can see it in yourself that's all that matters
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    It takes longer for others to notice changes than for you, yourself :) nope, don't be offended
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ego_zps52e29672.jpg
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Nobody noticed I'd lost weight until I hit the maintenance stage. :laugh:
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hey, after I lost my first 25 pounds my DEAR mother said to me "You look like you getting fat." (in a thick Asian accent). "You need to exercise more. Want some more rice and curry?" *as she hands me a heaping bowl that would feed the hulk*.

And that was in front of her skinny Asian friends.

So no, don't be offended. You shouldn't need others to validate what you know is true.