Looking for female friends who eat food + strength train

Replies

• luce3003
    luce3003 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi!! I eat - try to stick to around 1900 but doesn't always work (especially weekends!!) and I am currently doing SL 5x5 as well as some iso weightlifting. Trying to get back into my running a bit too as hate excercise classes...i'm such a training loner!!
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Yep, I am one of those. Read my profile and see if we are a good match.
  • I'm new to strength training ... not sure what I'm doing at all (and feel a bit intimidated by all the huge men lifting things that weigh as much as a small car!) I want to build some ladylike muscles.

I'm on a calorie restriction because I need to loose a few pounds but I enjoy my food and exercise lots so I can eat a bit more :)

I don't believe it is possible to build muscle while on a calorie restriction. I, too, am trying to lose weight but my strength training is for the calorie burn. Strength training burns calories all day long and even into the next day, also known as raising your metabolism. I might only burn 120 calories during the 20 minutes that I am lifting weights (still a beginner so only lifting a tricycle not a car :wink: ) but I know my body is burning "bonus" calories MFP doesn't count.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Me! I have been trying new things lately and since adding strength training to my routine a few months ago, I couldn't be happier. I have seen great results and learned a lot! Always looking for friends with similar goals. And, I eat every two hours. :) Speaking of which, I'm gonna go eat breakfast now :)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    oooh, send me a request!

i recently started strength training and upped my calories!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Friend me! I'm a newbie to strength training (and cardio), still using the cable (FreeMotion) machines at my gym, but I'm seeing the numbers on the weights increase and seeing results in my arms. :)

Going in to the gym next week to learn about the Kettlebells, ropes, and other free weights. I can hardly wait!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Oh, and I eat real food too. Not always the healthiest foods, but I eat. I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle.
  • I'm new to strength training ... not sure what I'm doing at all (and feel a bit intimidated by all the huge men lifting things that weigh as much as a small car!) I want to build some ladylike muscles.

I'm on a calorie restriction because I need to loose a few pounds but I enjoy my food and exercise lots so I can eat a bit more :)

Also, don't let others intimidate you. They couldn't lift a small car either when they were beginners. Keep track of your progress, I just use a small spiral notebook type journal that shows me that last week I could only Bench press 2 sets of 10lb weights but now I can do 3 sets of 15lbs (example only). You don't have to "kill yourself" with your workouts, just remember that ANYTHING is better than sitting on the couch and be proud of that!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    I love to eat.. I try to stick to a goal of 1600 a day and usually go a bit over.. and I am trying to increase my strength.. add me if you like!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    I eat a lot and strength train...looks like I fit the bill!

I'm pregnant too so I'm shooting for 1750 calories plus any exercise ones I earn. I crossfit three to five times a week and run once or twice
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    I am doing Stronglifts and training for a 10K. I eat back all my exercise calories and am trying to increase my protein intake. Also looking for friends with similar goals so anyone can add me. :smile:
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    I do stronglifts 5x5, eat food and play sports! Feel free to add :)
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    You can add me...I eat and I lift...good stuff!
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Yo, signing on up for strong, proud lady friends! :) I weight train (as heavy as I can go), I pole (amazing for strength!) and I eat. Usually anywhere between 1900-2500 calories a day. I also don't believe in "bad" foods. Yeah, I'm one of them....

Come play - I have some really good friends but am always looking for supportive friends with similar philosophies!
    In looking at your pic (former poler) I really miss it; I need to get back at it to see what poses I can still do. Are you taking lessons anywhere? Self taught? I took lessons for a couple years, but it started to become way to costly. I have one. In my garage, going to make it a point to get back on the saddle this week and see what poses I still have down.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Whole mess of us on my friends list... eat 1700-1900 daily and lift 3-4x a week.. some on NROL and I am starting stronglifts 5x5 this week :)

eta: typo correction -
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    I eat 1600 a day, weight train 2-3x a week, do spin class 2-3x a week, and walk on off days. I generally do a cheat meal or cheat day about once a week. I'm down 19lbs, with another 20 or 30 to go. I've been here since March, but I've finally decided I need some friends on here to keep me motivated.
  • MollyNK88
    MollyNK88 Posts: 54 Member
    I love to eat! I tried being at 1400 calories and I was always hungry so I upped my daily goal to 1650. When I look at other people's diaries and they're at 1200 calories it boggles my mind how they're not starving! I do cardio and strength train 4-5 times a week. Anyone can add me!
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    I eat food. Food is good. Absence of food makes me sad.
    I also strength train, typically 4 or 5x per week. Also short runs 3-4x per week (but not this week because I'm on vacation so lifted 3x and ran 2x....also kayaked, swam, and did a bunch of other fun-not-serious-hand-me-a-beer-when-I'm-done stuff).
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    I'm starting to lift and eat more protein. Looking for motivation, food ideas, and tips on proper weight lifting. Please add me.
  • skinnysmartbitch
    skinnysmartbitch Posts: 33 Member
    Wow!! Thanks everyone for all the replies!! Looking forward to having so many new friends that eat food! Thanks!!