What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• jenniferarnold619
    Options
    if you are getting light headed, you may have blood sugar issues. I'm not saying that to scare you. I would suggest a snack that includes healthy carbs/ sugar and protein. Like apple slices and peanut butter or cheese, veggie sticks with cheese or hummus, deli meat slices with whole wheat tortilla, fruit and greek yogurt parfait with a little chopped nuts, or a small yogurt and fruit based smoothie.

you still need to pay attention to your calorie intake, but if you eat a 100-150 calorie portion around 10 or 11, you should be held over till lunch and not get shaky from your blood sugar getting too low. Hope this helps.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A typical day for me:

Breakfast: Fage Greek Yogurt & a banana

Morning snack: some sort of chocolate (lately, 3 Musketeers bar), tea (at least 2 cups, if not 3)

Lunch: A healthy, homemade meal (sometimes a sandwich, other times spaghetti, chicken, fish, meatloaf, or some other concoction served with veggies on the side).

Afternoon snack: 1/4 cup of almonds, another Fage Greek yogurt, and more tea. Maybe another apple or a banana.

Supper: If I had a "meal" for lunch, I will have a sandwich now, or vice versa. If I had a sandwich for lunch, I'll have a bigger meal for supper.

Evening: tea, lots of tea.

Net cals: 2000 a day.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Banana usually
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    fruits or nuts or both =)
  • VCYoga
    VCYoga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    second breakfast
    only response worth reading.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or a protein bar.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If my calories support it, I have a Fibre One oats and Choc bar 140 calories.Like a small meal
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat anything between breakfast and lunch. However, for just in case purposes I try to pack a yogurt or banana to hold me over if I do get hungry. Another good snack would be a protein bar or 1 cup of Special K with Red Berries. I guess it depends on your personal needs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I eat a relatively big breakfast; oatmeal with protein powder, nuts, milk and fruit - about 450 kcal. so it depends on if I'm bored or hungry ;-). Sometimes nothing, sometimes some yogurt or some fruit plus always drinking water.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    elevenses
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My answer is pretty much like the others but for the sake of another data point -

I make sure to eat a filling breakfast. Usually I don't need a snack before lunch but if my day starts extra early for some reason I do. In that case it's one of the following:
    • Almonds
    • Energy bar
    • A piece of fruit - usually an apple, sometimes a banana or whatever is in season.

Edited due to poor early morning typing skills
  • madhound
    madhound Posts: 14
    Options
    what ever i want as long as reach my macros and calorie goals, how ever i usually have peanut butter on toast.
  • DLKadlecek
    DLKadlecek Posts: 11
    Options
    Nothing. But I drink a lot of water!
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Fruit (banana or apple) or veggies (broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix) and a wheel of babybell mini cheese, usually.
  • fitsmith1
    fitsmith1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I eat frigo light string cheese as a snack.It is filling:smile:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    second breakfast

This I have Steel Cut Oats. Make them at home and bring to work then just heat up in microwave. Add blueberry or banana
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get hungry most days before lunch. I work in a coffee shop so I make myself a double tall nonfat latte with one sugar packet. It fits in my calories for the day, wakes me up and fills me up. And there's enough sugar in the milk that I can't trick myself into thinking I can afford a cookie for dessert later. I like to cheat like that if I get the chance.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    a snack... hee hee. no really, I have nuts, fruit, veggies with dip or hummus. sometimes I even get to have chocolate.:bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Dimadahdal
    Options
    between breakfast 07.00 and lunch 13.00 i eat one low fat yogurt or fruits at around 10.00 and tryo to drink as much as i can wáter!!
  • jsilky
    jsilky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try eating your oatmeal for breakfast see if that lasts longer that eggs and toast.Take scrambled eggs for your snack.