31 days of July accountability thread

Options

Replies

• LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'm trying to do the 30DS, so it might help me to check in everyday and just keep accountable and say I did it!
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I know how hard that is to do! Keep up the great work. We are going to dinner today and I am planning my menu around that. I have a small steak & salad, but that is still almost my whole day's worth of calories! Wish me luck :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My wedding is in September so I need all the accountability I can get!
  • Raisingsonshines
    Raisingsonshines Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am trying to lose at least 10lbs this month!
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    3 days in-I did my measurements and lost a entire inch. I even was able to get into my size 12-14 pants-they were a little tight but a week ago I could not even pull them up. Adding more workouts especially at work since I do over nights, No More excuses
  • kisseso3
    kisseso3 Posts: 36
    Options
    Day 2 ended w/ 47 calories under...not amazing but under!!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'm trying to do the 30DS, so it might help me to check in everyday and just keep accountable and say I did it!
    My daughter and I are doing 30 DS on day 8 of level 2 and getting better at it.

It was cooler at the lake this am and breezy so Daisy and I went for a 30 minute walk. It has been so hot here it has been difficult to get steps in, so I have been riding a stationary bike. Don't have one at the lake, but it is going to be in the high 60s in the am so I am going to take advantage of that to get a long walk in. It isn't even 2 and I have done my shred and gotten in 8K steps! Woo Hoo1
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am trying to lose at least 10lbs this month!
    Wow! That is big goal.! Be sure and keep it healthy.
    I am thrilled if I get 5 a month!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Under!

So far that's two out of three days in July (as I'm typing this in the wee hours of Friday morning!).

Did more exercise than I'd expected, but under on food by a sliver. Trying to work out how to get Thursday's stats up again.
  • tdill8890
    tdill8890 Posts: 2
    Options
    I went over today. :-( We had a picnic at work... Lots of bad stuff there. I didn't gorge, but there was a dessert called "Frito Heaven" which I love. I had 2 small helpings but it was too much!

On the positive side, I did my Zumba class tonight. That makes 4 days in a row that I've worked out. :-)

I will try to do better on my calories tomorrow.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Report for 7-3!!!!

I'll start off with this:

GOAL: 1430
    FOOD: 2366
    EXERCISE: 800
    NET: 1566
    -->>Over: 136<<--

So I get a 3 day weekend from my work. We all got burgers and I had my burger in lettuce as a lettuce wrap but it wasn't very filling so I ate the bun with some more lettuce on it. Then there was a cookie platter so I chose a "healthier" one which was an oatmeal raisin one. My boss made our little room a flag cake that was a white cake and it had some blueberries and strawberries on top. It was cute and delicious. Probably shouldn't have had that cookie and cake. I then drove 3.5 hours to go to my home town where my dad lives and I avoided fast food on the drive by bringing some food along with me (broccoli and shredded turkey and some beef jerky). The fast food temptation over came me when I arrived though. My dad had McDonalds for dinner and he was watching Game of Thrones which I had all ready seen so I decided to finish off my fitbit steps and I went for a 2 mile walk. I had a mc chicken and a cheddar onion burger which both weren't that satisfying and the burger was WAY overly salty which was really disgusting to me. But I have discovered I really like walking at night time so I must do it more often!

TL;DR Ate fast food but only over by 136 calories and finished my 10k fitbit steps for 2 days in a row!.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! Although I didn't start logging until yesterday the 2nd...I hope to faithfully log for the whole month of July. I logged daily for almost 2 years, and I find that when I stop, I get sloppy and gain weight. Thanks for motivating me :)
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea, since I'm a little late it'll be 28 days of July! Feel free to add me for those that are interested in sharing food diaries!
  • ekaube595
    ekaube595 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Binged on almond milk ice cream. Accidentally ate the whole carton! Did some HIIT afterwards to make up for it but I went over my calorie goal and gained a pound. Disappointing.

Day 3: Didn't feel hungry much during the day so I ended up being below my calorie goal. Too tired to exercise from doing HIIT so late in the day yesterday.

Day 4: Today!! Planning on biking ~40 mi today so that should stave off some cravings. Going out with my friends later which is going to be difficult but will try to account for that in my calorie budget today and will try not to overindulge.
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

1/7: 380 calories under goal. My favourite meal of the day was the home made bowl of ramen I made! It's the first time I've made it, and it was utterly delicious! Home made ramen soup, scallions, sweetcorn, spinach, tofu, and noodles.

2/7: 493 calories under goal. Today included lots of yummy fruit again, and a crappier version of the ramen from yesterday. By the time I got home I was shattered, so I just made some Miso soup and cooked the noodles in it; no veg unfortunately!

3/7: 342 calories under goal. Even though I was under, I'm a little disappointed as I had Large Mcdonalds fries! It just cemented my belief that they suck.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Report for 7-4!!!!

Soooooo today was a very bad day for me. I started out good. I chose a healthier breakfast when everything is premade and high calories in the house but then it ALL went down hill when I went to hang out with some friends. They had a cook out at a park we went to and I had 2 hot dogs, a brat with a bun and mustard, strawberries coated in white chocolate and blue sugar and an oreo pie thing that was pudding and oreo crumbles. I had small amounts of the oreo and strawberries. Then we all went to the fair. I hadn't had Wisconsin cheese curds in a long time (I live in MN and they aren't the same) so I got a small order of those and I didn't eat them all. I guess I really am becoming more allergic to dairy or something because 1/2 way through I started feeling sick. (A small order was about 15 cheese curds) Then I had a blue raspberry shaved ice. Then after that I had a slice of pepperoni pizza. Last foods I mentioned were all not logged since it went down from the cook out. I know I went over but I am hoping my walking staved it off some but probably not. I will do better tomorrow.

Hope you had a happy 4th of July to every American doing this challenge!
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First whole day home post-vacation and I made myself go for a jog/walk for 30 minutes. I really didn't want to do it, but I'm glad I did since vacation was a true vacation with hardly any exercising at all. Hoping I can pull my mind out of vacation mode and back into fitness/weight-loss mode! Thanks for the accountability all!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Not added in the detail yet but I know it was well over. Had a horrible evening. Ended up eating McDonald's at gone ten o'clock. Unless the tears take over again I'll be back to being accountable today.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was not accountable on Thursday or Friday. I am taking responsibility for it. Today is a new day, and I got this..
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I did my PM workout. Went a little over my intake limit. Trying not to get too winded about it.