I need more creatuve ways to eat vegetables.

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Grilled!~yummy
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    My fav:

chop pumpkin
    nuke for 10mins
    then put on alfoil on top of tray and season with spice of your choice
    bake for about 30mins til crispy at 180c or so.

Delish.

Stir frys with meat and your choice of noodles (to fit macros) is another very versatile meal.

I also add other veggies like onions, mushrooms, spinach to my omelettes that typically have 2 eggs and about 300ml egg whites.
  • nicfacey
    nicfacey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two ideas from my dinner last night:

- Roast brussels sprouts - just take a few cups and cut them in half (though the core). Put them on a lined baking tray with salt, pepper and spices of your choice (fennel is lovely). If your calories allow it, throw on some diced bacon and olive oil and mix it around. Make sure the sprouts are in a single layer and bake for around 40 minutes. You will need to flip them around every once in a while so they brown evenly. They are crispy and delicious!

- Salt and vinegar kale chips - tear kale leaves off the hard stems and throw on a baking tray. Season with salt and add olive oil if you can. Bake for around ten minutes checking very regularly (they burn quickly!). Once they are done, add some vinegar, toss and eat. So good!

A few more ideas:

- Add grated veg to meatloaf and pasta sauce - grated zucchini, carrot, yellow squash, and celery are all very easy to make disappear!
    - Make a big pot of vegetable soup - I use a couple of cups of pumpkin, along with zucchini, turnip, parsnip, leek, celery, carrot, (and whatever else is in the fridge!). Cook with chicken stock, or bacon bones - you need some flavour other than the veg. You can blend it at the end for a smooth soup or leave it chunky. You can also add some meat such as a chicken, or lamb shanks if you need some protein in there.

Good luck!
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Make meals that contain veggies, rather than veggies as sides. The first two things that come to mind immediately that I regularly have is chilli (with beans, tomatoes, zucchini etc) and stir fry (just about every vegetable I can think of works in stiry fry. You could also do curries, or stews, or do a healthy burrito type thing which is great cos you can add veggies to the meat mix and then as toppings. There are lots of options depending on what sort of food you like to eat!
  • zombie130
    zombie130 Posts: 37
    Options
    my absolute favorite thing that i use for veggies is 1 Ts Olive oil(most stays in pan beside olive oil is good for you in right amounts) lemon juice(sounds weird but sooo good) and fresh dill. also say you cook squash, if you add fresh diced tomatoes the flavor is outstanding! to me at least. always experiment too. finding new, healthy, delicious foods is the fun part:)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie a day restriction. Root vegetables are cosidered starches and NO WAY can I do hollandaise. I do add avocado into my turkey wraps, but I really don't like other raw veggies without dip.

pish! 1/6 of a package of McCormicks hollandaise is 35 cal - put it in a ramekin, steam the aspargus and dip them. Who said you had to eat raw veggies?

Have you tried grated carrots, grated beets, grated radish............with a little oil and vinegar salt and pepper?