Help fat and depressed

Options

Replies

• kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First thing I do every morning is watch this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjmpzUiGZc

And then I move on with my day, knowing that I did not fix who I was, I became the strongest version of myself, and every day try to become a stronger. This does not mean physically stronger, it means mentally, physically, spiritually.

Join this page on face book, the amount of information as it pertains to nutrition is unmatched.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iifym/?fref=nf

I also recommend joining this facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/359580774110975/?fref=nf

Good luck in your endeavor, you can become the strongest version of yourself, just look in the mirror every day and work harder than you did yesterday, do not become complacent because you reached a goal. The rest of your life is progress, get leaner or get stronger, never complacent.
  • jacksan123
    jacksan123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much reading all these replies is motivating me, and seeing peoples weight loss is inspiring, well done to you nearly lost your first stone, hope that is me in a few weeks x
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just a question... Why Monday? Why not right now on your next meal? You Can Do This!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Start now with setting mini goals like a 5 lb weight loss, then another 5 lbs, then another. Your main goal won't seem so far away then. This is for you! I accepted that the scale may not go down every week, so be it, I have to live too! But I get right back to it the following week. I have accepted that I will forever be counting calories and feel better for it. Accept as a life style, you got this!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You've already started by rejoining! Start today with making better choices, don't wait until Monday. Look for that motivation within to help fuel the fire. You can do it, one pound at a time! Find your weaknesses and turn them into strengths. For me, I'm a carb addict so I'm dealing with those cravings and ridding my self of bad carbs and refined sugars. Good luck and hang in there!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    friend request sent, you can do this we are all in this together and we all got eachothers back good luck to ya.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Do not wait until Monday.......start today.

1 - The key is accurate logging. Log everything you eat. If you don't log something then you are just lying to yourself and thats how we all got into this position anyways.

2 - Measure and weigh your food (You can get a nice digital kitchen scale for $20).

3 - Follow the MFP program and try to stick to your daily goals.

4 - If your depressed go for a walk instead of reaching for the garbage food. Exercies will make you feel better.

5 - Eat as close as possible to your required daily calories, it will not help to try to lose faster than you should. If you constantly undereat you will eventually crash and go back to old bad habbits.

This is just my opinion anyways but it works for me.

yes. journaling every single thing you eat and weight and measuring your foods now are the key to this. start yourself a daily journal. log everything. its a long journey filled with lots of choices. Take it one choice, one meal and one day at a time. Give yourself lots of small goals that are food or activity or life related. Lots of victories add up to success. You can do it.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi I weighed about 215 when I started. Now weigh 180. I'm 5'4" and just turned 58. I know what you mean about no motivation but I lost this weight just taking one day at a time. Good luck and send me a friend request.
  • jacksan123
    Options
    Have been so good so far today , practice run lol. I am trying to getting used to this site , at the weekend, looking up recipes, sorting food cupboard out , shopping and getting mentally ready for Monday, even scared to step on the scales, have not done that for over a year, so just preparing myself, Monday it is full on , thank you every one for the kind words and support , has lifted my mood all ready, focusing on a week Monday for my first weigh in, that is my first goal.
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Like others said - set small goals so it does not feel so overwhelming. Also make changes slowly, again so it doesn't get overwhelming. You will get there and we're here to support you!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest starting today. I read that you are planning to toss out things and get new recipes, but in all honesty you can do it today. You can skip cheese on a sandwich. You can eat only half of a restaurant meal and take the other half home. You can drink water instead of soda or other drinks. Bam, I just shaved about 800 calories off of a typical daily intake. Good luck!
  • jacksan123
    Options
    I am actually crying , thank you all for supporting and motivating me, thank you for caring to take the time, I am starting NOW X
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I am actually crying , thank you all for supporting and motivating me, thank you for caring to take the time, I am starting NOW X

Yesyesyesyes!!!!! Love this! You can do this!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I would tend to think that you ARE starting today! Getting rid of stuff you don't want around, tempting you, IS a start. Just keep the momentum going throughout the weekend. Don't get rid of the tempting stuff by eating it (it isn't wasting it if it won't be good for you), things like that. If you want to wait to start logging on Monday, I get that. Lots and lots of losing weight is about the psychology of it, not just the physiology. We are all rooting for you here!
  • jacksan123
    Options
    Well first time I have been on the scales in over a year , bloody battery had gone, found a new one 223.6 lb have now logged it. I will get lighter every day x
  • funnycatspal
    funnycatspal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. When you weigh yourself don't forget to take your measurements and take a photo. The number on your scale is only part of the picture.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Well first time I have been on the scales in over a year , bloody battery had gone, found a new one 223.6 lb have now logged it. I will get lighter every day x

Yes you will. If it fluctuates up and down a bit it is ok. Our bodies do that!
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Use that energy, instead, to do what needs to be done. I know it's hard. My son has been overweight his entire life and finally took steps and lost 120 lbs through diet and exercise but yes, it is a lifetime commitment that I hope he can keep. I myself for the first time in my life (I'm 52) found myself having to lose 20 lbs (have done it since) and it was eye opening to see how hard it is but... It is doable. You have to find what works. Fitbit was my way of doing it. I am very competitive. I even compete against myself, trying to burn more today than yesterday and such. I find that counting calories is the way for me because it allows me to still treat myself to things I like... Just less of them at a time.

Good luck in your journey and just know that the you can reach your goals.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Take small steps, it's a marathon not a sprint. You don't need to do this overnight. Best wishes to you.