What was your first sign of pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• TXmama
    TXmama Posts: 37
    Options
    This is a little weird but... my gums hurt! Also I had no appetite. Wasn't sick but wasn't hungry. I had that first time around, didn't know what it meant... with my second one, when I had gum ache, I KNEW, even though I would have only been a couple of days in and WAY too early to test.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    my esophagus had gotten REALLY relaxed and I had some HORRIBLE belching episodes. I mean... I would make a trucker cry because my burps were so loud, long and guttural.

I asked my doctor about this and he said it was because the PG hormone causes your insides to slow digestion (so the baby had time to absorb the nutrients) that my esophagus had relaxed. Since it was Christmas holiday time I wasn't able to get to the doctor until I was 5 weeks PG. So, I had the belching for a LONG time before I was able to get to the doctor.

I can still put a trucker to shame... :)
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Oh man the wait is going to KILL me if it's too early for me to test!
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    WIth my 1st pregnancy I had some majorly horrible abdominal pain (and that was right at being late on my period). Plus I had a really awful sinus infection that I just couldn't get rid of for like 3 weeks.
    With my 2nd pregnancy I had horrible lower back pain for over a month. It didn't matter how I was sitting or what I was doing, it hurt. So I googled lower back pain & pregnancy was the first to come up. So I looked through all possible symptoms & realized I had more than one. I took a test that afternoon & come to find out I was pregnant.
    There are a TON of symptoms that you can have, no necessarily all of them but maybe just 2-3 that stick out to you. I'd take a test for sure! GL
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Anymore pregnancy test will do 3 day BEFORE your missed cycle, but normally only gets an accurate that early with your morning pee. Probably have to wait till morning! Make sure to tell us!!!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    THanks for the tip! I'm going to do one in the morning then! KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    THanks for the tip! I'm going to do one in the morning then! KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    When my wife called me when I was on my way to work and said could you stop at WalMart and get one of those home pregnancy test...............Dang near had a wreck!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Posh, I am in the same boat as you, and hoping! We've been trying for 11 months to no avail :cry: It's rough because my first two were conceived by just LOOKING at my (ex) husband. Now it's much harder.... BUT, if we're both pregnant then we'd be due at almost the same time! Also, someone said something about super easy weight loss.....well you saw what I lost this week! I'd be so happy :bigsmile:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to add I'm having very light spotting! Ahhh!!! Sorry if that's TMI!!

That could be the baby implanting, I do not have children but my SIL has had some problems and I know a lot about it from her. It might be too early for you to test yet so if you get a negative dont be discouraged wait another week. Good luck, I am praying for you!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    nipple were sore and i couldnt brush my teeth with out throwing up or gagging! (never failed)
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had a positive pregnancy test before I had any symptoms! I didnt start having any symptoms until i was about 6 weeks! good luck!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    nipple were sore and i couldnt brush my teeth with out throwing up or gagging! (never failed)

I had the same problem with brushing my teeth!!! I would always throw up!!! Oh and I still gag now!!! never had a problem beforeI was pregnant but it made me throw up when i was pregnant and still makes me nauseas now!!
  • miss_ld
    miss_ld Posts: 11
    Options
    With my first child no symptoms at all, with second child i had morning sickness :( only had the sickness for a few weeks, good luck, come back on and let us know the result.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    my first sign was a 'hunch' and then - extreme fatigue!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1st pregnancy...nothing! No clue! But around 7 weeks, I became EXTREMELY sick with morning/noon/night sickness. Lost 20 lbs in 3 months!

2nd pregnancy...hunch, and then...hunger! Always!

3rd pregnancy...just a hunch, but ended in miscarriage. :(

4th...I just felt "off". My uterus was achey, I was fatigued.

Good luck, keep us posted on the results!!!
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nausea and feeling a lil light headed at times
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I knew very early on with both pregnancies infact too early to test...... my first one i was overly tired.....both of them the first sign was a very sensitive smell. I could smell bleech in a different part of a building it was crazy.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy, feeling nauseous in the morning and when brushing my teeth. With my second one, I tested way before I had any symptoms. Good luck!!!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have had breast soreness with all 4 of mine, along with increase in having to pee & headaches. They have test now that can tell up to a week before you are supposed to start your period, so you might be able to find out soon! Good luck!