Couch to 5k

Options
123457»

Replies

• motoxmom1
    Options
    Just finished W5D3! What an amazing feeling! Who would have thought I could ever run 20 minutes straight? Swimming 30 laps staright with no break as well. Next week goes to 40 laps on my swimming and Week 6 of the C25K!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done. Friday will be 25 minutes straight... :noway:

you can def do it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support! I am sure it will go fine. Most people are stronger than they give themselves credit for. When I start thinking I can't do something, I imagine it's a "Biggest Loser Challenge" and make myself push through it!!

haha. I've done the same thing. I'm having a bad week. I just wrote about it on another thread... so I'll just paste it here: haha

having a tough week. Something happened at work thats stressing me out... i hurt my knee tuesday at the gym... so i havent been back since, because im trying to rest it (going back today)... and got a notice about my students loans that are apparently overdue ($660... they had my OLD... very OLD address) and that I owe $220 a month. I could cry... and in fact that's what I did this morning while getting ready. Can't wait for my drums alive class tonight... to bang out a little frustration.

I will not let all of this get in the way of my weight loss... just because I've had a bad week does NOT mean I'm quitting!!!!!!

Hang in there! Use that stress to up the intensity of your workout...do something that involves punching and kicking!!!
  • meanness67
    Options
    Completed Week 7 Day 1 this morning. This whole week is 25 minute runs...should be good and may even pick up my speed a bit.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    People who have done C25K:

I know everybody is saying resting on those off days is important. I am currently doing a 9 week fitness challenge on EA Sportsactive 2 and it is a 4 day a week program and I am in week 2. Should I wait until I finish the EA Sports before trying this so I not reinjure my knee from over doing it working out on all my rest days?
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Count me in! had it for ages but never got round to it!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    trying to take it easy on my knee....... it was killing me after kickboxing last week. hoping to get back to c25k... but dont wanna permanately hurt myself either. booooooo :(
  • meanness67
    Options

I know everybody is saying resting on those off days is important. I am currently doing a 9 week fitness challenge on EA Sportsactive 2 and it is a 4 day a week program and I am in week 2. Should I wait until I finish the EA Sports before trying this so I not reinjure my knee from over doing it working out on all my rest days?

Not sure what your program involves but as long as it's not running you should be OK. I do C25K M-W-F and still do Turbo Jam every day. Just listen to your body...it will tell you when it's had enough. And, make sure you are eating quality foods; it's important to have the right fuel for your body if you're going to push it through both programs.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

I've always worked out 6 days a week while doing c25k. Right now, I'm doing P90X on my off days, and sometimes I double up and do both in one day. I've got some issues with my right knee, so I just try and wear good shoes and make sure that I'm not doing a lot of jumping on the days I'm not running.

By the way, I am on week 9, people! I ran 5k in 34 minutes yesterday. I was so happy when I was done. I think c25k has helped me so much, because I wasn't losing belly fat before this, so I couldn't go down a jeans size. This week, I bought new jeans, and have gone from a size 16/18 UK to a completely comfortable (a little loose on my belly) size 12 UK. Also, I'm going to be featured in this week's Podrunner Run Time Newsletter because I emailed the Podrunner people, who do the music mixes I use for c25k. My 5k race is this weekend. My goal is to finish in less than 34 minutes, even if it's 33, lol.
  • meanness67
    Options
    I don't know where everyone from this board is...I was sick for a week and a half.

I completed W8D1 this morning....so close to finishing the program then I will work on picking up my speed.
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    I'm here!!! Had some issues with my knee... and jogging was not the thing to help. Finally got a brace that helps and hopefully I can get back to it. If this weather would cooperate. :(
  • meanness67
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done.
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done.

great job! i did week 3 again monday night! and it hurt but i did it! gonna repeat some i think.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Dang, has it been that long since I posted to this thread?! Sorry, everyone. I finished c25k near the end of January. My 5k speed at the time was 34 minutes. My race was the 23rd of January and my 5k time for that was 27:32! I finished 12th overall and 7th in my gender. I started half-marathon training this week, plus I'm doing P90X, so you probably won't hear much else from me but I did want to update you guys. Good luck, everyone.
  • meanness67
    Options
    Dang, has it been that long since I posted to this thread?! Sorry, everyone. I finished c25k near the end of January. My 5k speed at the time was 34 minutes. My race was the 23rd of January and my 5k time for that was 27:32! I finished 12th overall and 7th in my gender. I started half-marathon training this week, plus I'm doing P90X, so you probably won't hear much else from me but I did want to update you guys. Good luck, everyone.

Awesome job on the race! I am almost done with C25K and just started P90X. Good Luck to You!
  • meanness67
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 Done. I will be a graduate at the end of this week!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 Done. I will be a graduate at the end of this week!

Great job! I wish I'd kept up with it the way you have. Amazing! :)
  • meanness67
    Options
    I have Graduated from the Couch to 5K program!

Good luck to everyone still plugging away!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Congrats!!