Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was your first record, cassette or CD you had....

Replies

• detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Some Chaka Khan 8-Track
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The Wombles- Wombling Merry Christmas
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    cassette: mixed tape from the radio, cheap & dirty
    back when that was done on the regular :laugh:
    album sides, two-for-Tuesdays, B sides etc.
  • Ok, don't laugh, it was an LP of the doctor doolittle movie soundtrack. LOLOL. i know, weird right? the only other record i had was a 45 of the stripping strong;. Lol. what were my parents thinking? :)
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, I think

^^^This was my sister's first album; mine was Elton John "Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player".
    I have also owned The Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 1 in Album, 8-Track, Cassette, and CD. I guess I need to buy it digitally some day... :heart:
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Pokemon the first movie...yup i was (still am) that kid
  • nadamandar
    nadamandar Posts: 82
    I was raised in a rock n' roll, concert-going, tune-blasting family. My parents took me to shows, had massive record and then c.d. collections, so I didn't want for much. Lots of hilarious pros/cons with such an upbringing. Ha. The first album I recall purchasing on my own, with my own earned, baby-sitting money was Sixteen Stone by Bush.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    for my 8th birthday one of my brothers got me (on cassette) Madonna - Immaculate Collection, Kylie Minogue (think the album was called Kylie) & Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

all now long lost and replaced with CD and/or mp3
  • rconboy64
    rconboy64 Posts: 128 Member
    Saturday Night Fever by the Bee Gees
  • Christina_722
    Christina_722 Posts: 174 Member
    Madonna! She was a beast in the 80's and early 90's!
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    A 45 record. Glenn Campbell - Like a Rhinestone Cowboy. I was five years old.

"...riding out on a horse in a Star-Spangled Rodeo... uh-oh-oh..."
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Appetite for Destruction - Guns n Roses!
  • otl_swanson
    otl_swanson Posts: 37 Member
    The first one I remember was Korn, follow the leader lol
  • Philldem
    Philldem Posts: 10 Member
    Sugar Hill Gang, Rappers Delight was probably 15 minutes long by itself.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I don't remember the first one I had. Was probably one of Disney classics made in the late 70s or early 80s. The earliest record that I can remember listening to (which belonged to my parents) was Planxty, the black album (I don't think it has a title). I had my own record player as a kid and I had a few that I bought at jumble sales including Dougal and the Blue Cat, and "the band it played waltzing matilda" (yes I had ecclectic music tastes even as a child). The first record I bought from an actual record shop was "wouldn't it be good" by Nik Kershaw. Planxty/Christy Moore is still one of my favourite bands/artists.

But I can't help feeling that I've been rick-rolled by the OP....
  • neil_machen
    neil_machen Posts: 26 Member
    Jona Lewie Stop The Cavalry was my first vinyl
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    First album I bought with my own money was Who's Next - The Who.

First album I remembering owning (got as a gift) was the soundtrack to Snoopy Come Home.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Mine was Spice Girls first album on CD haa!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    first record, Mr, Mister's Welcome to the real world and Queen's the Game both purchased at the same time, CD kind of embarrassed to say first one I actually owned myself was NSYNC's Christmas album and cassette, the first I remember having was my sounds of the 70's set.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    First album at about 8 years old, Snoopy's Christmas... First teen aged album at about 13, Kansas Dust in the Wind... First 8 track, Charlie Daniels Band Million Mile Reflection... First Cassette, first CD, couldnt tell ya, lol....