31 days of July accountability thread

Options

Replies

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was not accountable on Thursday or Friday. I am taking responsibility for it. Today is a new day, and I got this..

You definitely got this. Happy weekend. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    It has been good till now. I have stayed within calorie limits 4/5 days of this month. Not perfect but way better than before.
    I really need to plan better for boredom hunger attacks. Another thing is, I have not still been working out yet. It's too hot (between 98-104 degrees) and too humid to want to sweat.
    I hope you're all doing well too. Message me if you want me to personally check-in with you time to time. Tk cr ladies. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Report for 7-4!!!!

Soooooo today was a very bad day for me. I started out good. I chose a healthier breakfast when everything is premade and high calories in the house but then it ALL went down hill when I went to hang out with some friends. They had a cook out at a park we went to and I had 2 hot dogs, a brat with a bun and mustard, strawberries coated in white chocolate and blue sugar and an oreo pie thing that was pudding and oreo crumbles. I had small amounts of the oreo and strawberries. Then we all went to the fair. I hadn't had Wisconsin cheese curds in a long time (I live in MN and they aren't the same) so I got a small order of those and I didn't eat them all. I guess I really am becoming more allergic to dairy or something because 1/2 way through I started feeling sick. (A small order was about 15 cheese curds) Then I had a blue raspberry shaved ice. Then after that I had a slice of pepperoni pizza. Last foods I mentioned were all not logged since it went down from the cook out. I know I went over but I am hoping my walking staved it off some but probably not. I will do better tomorrow.

Hope you had a happy 4th of July to every American doing this challenge!

That's ok. Hope you're having a good day today. I love how you're so honestly coming back to give your day end report. I mean that's the way I want to do it ideally. :flowerforyou:
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have set goals for July:

1. Get in to the 200's [single digits, like 209, 208...]

2. Ride my bike outside once a week.

3. Try juicing vegetables.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Another day where I squeezed in by the skin of my teeth (thanks is to some exercise!).

Ate some rubbish today, but it was just one of those. At least it's nothing like what I would have done in the past and I didn't eat chocolate or crisps, which are my usual go-to when I get in that mood. Being out and about probably helped, though I'm pleased to stay I didn't get really tempted, not even when I stopped for fuel :)

Hope everyone is doing okay.
  • pam_perfect1
    Options
    Since I work at a Liquor Store as the GM, I must say that I have been extremely busy due to the long weekend. It started on Thursday and did not stop until I got off work Saturday night. (We are closed on Sunday). But I have been "good" on my food and beverage intake. Luck would have it, I only had two slices of pizza last night during work. Not to worry about it, I had budgeted the pizza into my intake. Today I am dead tired. Won't be doing much today except drinking loads of water. I want to be accountable for what I eat and thanks to all of you, I am inspired. Thank you all.
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Report for 7-4!!!!

Then we all went to the fair. I hadn't had Wisconsin cheese curds in a long time nge!

Oh my I LOVE WI cheese curds. I wasn't great the past 2 days myself. The good thing is I did do my 30DS shred both days and continued to get better. Yesterday I had over 12K steps, Friday only 5200.
    Now about the food. Started out good Friday morning with my usual All Bran, yogurt and blackberries. I didn't log the rest of the day. We grilled short ribs and boneless skinless chicken breast. I love to cook and the 4th is difficult b/c it was one of my oldest daughter's favorite days and she always had a food list when she came home. Since we lost her it has been difficult. But this year my sister and her husband, my parents and younger daughter were there so a lot of people and a lot of cooking made it easier. I made potato salad (I do make a lighter version) Bush's grilling beans with added bacon, a fresh roasted corn, tomato, avocado and cucumber salad (also pretty light) pasta salad (didn't eat) and for desert a trifle made with angel food cake, fat free sugar free vanilla pudding, blueberries, strawberries and cool whip (pretty light also, the worst part was the angel food cake). I didn't gorge, but I just didn't worry about logging, which continued into yesterday. I had breakfast at a country breakfast buffet and for me, ate too much, but not nearly what I have been known to do in the past. I wasn't hungry the rest of the day, but for some reason had a sweet tooth and ate 2 servings of the dessert from the day before.
    So today, I am back on the straight and narrow. Good breakfast, will be on program for lunch and already have 8K steps before noon. I will also begin Day1 Level 3 of the 30DS and ride my stationary for an hour.
    Goal is to be totally comfortable in all the size US 14s I already own by Alaska trip August 6. Can wear one pair and can get the rest on and zipped, but I can't breathe.
  • jnico48
    jnico48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in its my 50th this month lots of celebrations but I want to keep my eye on the ball - for my holidays.
  • MrsMizart
    Options
    Well done everybody!

Done a whole heap of exercise today. Absolutely shattered! Still could, according to MFP, eat more than my usual daily allowance :0 Will aim not to though!
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Checking in for end of day 6. 286 cals under goal plus exercise. Day 1 Level 3 30DS kicked my butt. Over 15K steps today. It is after 9pm and I just don't think I have a bike ride in me. If I did I might need to eat something else and I know I can't do that.

Good job everyone. Let's all get back to it after a nice holiday weekend....at least a holiday here in the U.S.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Report for 7-7!!!!

I'll start off with this before the "blog" post.
    Goal: 1430
    Food: 1280
    Exercise: 654 (from fitbit sync)
    Net: 631!

Not too bad of a day and I even got some ice cream in ;)

So I am pretty sure Saturday and Sunday were AWFUL for logging. Though I went out to Denny's with my dad and I got their fit fare thing which was Salmon, broccoli and rice. I was still being slightly mindful of what I was consuming (when I really wanted the fattening meals). I know I ate too much of the mexican lasagna that my dad wanted me to make for him. I know it would be high in cals and sodium so that is why I'm assuming I was way over on Saturday and Sunday. Today, going back at it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be :). A bit over in sodium (by almost 1000 mg) but I can't complain about my food calories! Pretty psyched how well I did today. I just need to keep up the good logging everything that goes into my mouth thing and I should be good to go! :D
  • salemnye
    Options
    tl;dr....it's up there :p

That's ok. Hope you're having a good day today. I love how you're so honestly coming back to give your day end report. I mean that's the way I want to do it ideally. :flowerforyou:

Awesome! ^-^ I feel that I'm more accountable if I rely what I did. Though I skipped Saturday and Sunday reporting (and logging) I feel that I'm doing better too! :D
  • salemnye
    Options
    Checking in for end of day 6. 286 cals under goal plus exercise. Day 1 Level 3 30DS kicked my butt. Over 15K steps today. It is after 9pm and I just don't think I have a bike ride in me. If I did I might need to eat something else and I know I can't do that.

Good job everyone. Let's all get back to it after a nice holiday weekend....at least a holiday here in the U.S.

Great job! I only got to day 5 on level 1 of 30DS before I needed a rest day and never returned....I should do that again :)

Good job everyone doing this! Let us keep ourselves (and others) accountable!!!!
  • pam_perfect1
    Options
    Today is another NEW day. I am still accountable for myself. I am enjoying this 31 day of accountability. While I do not exercise very much, I am trying to do some major walking. I have done pretty well, but hope to increase my walking times. Funny thing about that, I wanted to join a gym. $$$s will not allow it and as hot and humid as it is in Corpus Christi, TX... well I need to exercise inside. That is also a problem that I have solved. While at work, ( I am by myself) I turn on my Steps app and start walking inside this liquor store. At least I am moving and not dying of heat stroke. If you want something bad enough, you can figure out how to obtain it. I hope this might give others some ideas on being creative. PL&J to all
  • MrsMizart
    Options
    It was blinking hard today. It was only the thought of this place and what I want to be that kept me away from munching on anything that stood still long enough.

Anyhoo, today it's under for the day. Add in a bit of exercise (a tiny bit!) and it's all much better than I thought it was going to be :-)
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to touch base and see how everyone was doing this week!

I was at maintence (for the most part) this past weekend for the 4th of July, and of course we have delicious leftovers at our house! I'm over sugar the past few days, but my calories as a whole have been OK yesterday and today (so far). I hate seeing food go to waste, so I'm trying to incorporate some every day. :-)

I had bootcamp yesterday and will be going tomorrow. This weekend is my cousin's bachelorette party, so I'm hoping to get an extra workout in or two to hopefully counterbalance the weekend.

I'll try to check in more often.

Thanks all!
  • sullrico18
    Options
    Report for 7-7!!!!

I'll start off with this before the "blog" post.
    Goal: 1430
    Food: 1280
    Exercise: 654 (from fitbit sync)
    Net: 631!

Not too bad of a day and I even got some ice cream in ;)

So I am pretty sure Saturday and Sunday were AWFUL for logging. Though I went out to Denny's with my dad and I got their fit fare thing which was Salmon, broccoli and rice. I was still being slightly mindful of what I was consuming (when I really wanted the fattening meals). I know I ate too much of the mexican lasagna that my dad wanted me to make for him. I know it would be high in cals and sodium so that is why I'm assuming I was way over on Saturday and Sunday. Today, going back at it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be :). A bit over in sodium (by almost 1000 mg) but I can't complain about my food calories! Pretty psyched how well I did today. I just need to keep up the good logging everything that goes into my mouth thing and I should be good to go! :D

Huge props for heathy eating at Denny's! Eating out is always a challenge, and it sounds like you did a great job with that. :-) I probably will sound like a mom, but just want to check in and make sure you are eating enough. Net of 650 calories seems low to me, personally --- if you get a great workout in, think about eating at least half of those calories back! It looks like you're making great food choices though -- keep it up! (And please disregard if you're looking at overall calories per week rather than day by day --- You mentioned the weekend was higher in calories, and I know some folks eat less during the week to 'save room' for weekend outings). :-)
  • sullrico18
    Options
    Today is another NEW day. I am still accountable for myself. I am enjoying this 31 day of accountability. While I do not exercise very much, I am trying to do some major walking. I have done pretty well, but hope to increase my walking times. Funny thing about that, I wanted to join a gym. $$$s will not allow it and as hot and humid as it is in Corpus Christi, TX... well I need to exercise inside. That is also a problem that I have solved. While at work, ( I am by myself) I turn on my Steps app and start walking inside this liquor store. At least I am moving and not dying of heat stroke. If you want something bad enough, you can figure out how to obtain it. I hope this might give others some ideas on being creative. PL&J to all

Wonderful job! That sounds like a great plan to get some extra walking in! Walking is a great exercise. :-) Props to you for making it work!
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm such a bad MFP member...I've been logging in my diary, but have failed to even come onto the forum to validate any of it! Sorry about that! But I HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTABLE! Even for things I don't WANT to be accountable for ha ha ha.
    I went to the gym yesterday, for 30 minutes. I'm starting to not feel good - getting a sore throat and a wonderful accumulation of phlegm - so I didn't push myself very hard yesterday. I've been up since 4:30 today (ugh!) so I foresee a very long day. BUT I'M GOING TO BE ACCOUNTABLE ! :smile: :wink:
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Not a good day yesterday. Started a major episode of fibromyalgia. My strength is sapped, although I did get in Day 3 Level 3 of 30DS. Had ice cream, about a cup (fresh peach) and that in itself wasn't bad, but I also had a bad of kettle corn so I was a bit over for the day. Didn't sleep well, it is the catch 22 of fibro, not sleeping makes the pain worse and you can't sleep b/c of the pain. It is 8:30 am here and overcast, so not so hot so I am going to try and get at least a short walk.. Sometimes that helps.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great!
    Am looking for something after 30DS. When we finish, we have 21 days before Alaska fishing so we may do it over making it 21 Day with higher weights. I want something I can do with my 28 year old daughter. 30 Day shred works for us b/c of the modifications. She does most of the moves advanced and I modify, so we can do it together.