How many days a week do you workout?

Options

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    currently I am going to the Y 3 times a week. When the weather gets better I will add a day or 2 of running outside to train for 5K and 8K's for this year.
  • porcha520
    Options
    This is how I feel about working out: 4 days is good
    5 days is optimal
    6 days is great
    7 days is a burn out
    I don't want to do more than 6, cause your body does need at least a day to rest, the days I don't exercise I eat light to keep the weight loss going.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I always attempt 6 work outs a week. But usually I end up doing 5. Either my body tells me to shut it down, or life gets in the way.

The key is to make your work out time quality time. I think I've got it dialed in as well as I can. When I take a day off I feel like I need to take a day off. The day after the day off I usually feel very well and ready to get after it. The first work out back is usually the best work out of the week.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days. I was working-out 5, but one of my classes got moved, so now I will have another afternoon to run :)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week is what I've always aimed for.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have to force myself to workout 6 days a week instead of 7 days.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Usually 7, I should knock it down to 6 week after week...but I just can't.
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i workout everyday usually between 30 mins - 60 mins sometimes more. with having a baby in the house i get it in where i can.

altho if iv pulled a muscle or something i will rest for 1 day then get back to it
  • PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days per week. Take one rest day. It's important to get at LEAST 1 rest day. but consistent exercise will get you to where you want to be. whether its 3,4,5 or 6 days/week. make a plan and stick to it! personally I like working out 6 days a week, gives me a great energy boost and makes me feel good. :-)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. I feel like the rest day is very important even though I feel funny not working out that day.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    My planned work out Tuesday through Friday most weeks because that coinsides with my work schedule. Two days of cardio and two days of weights. Then on Saturday thru Monday I try to wok in unscheduled workouts, like going for a walk.
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I do appx. 1 hour everyday. It's split between walking, eliptical, weights, zumba, etc. I don't exercise to an extreme intensity that requires me to take a day off. But if something comes up and i have to take a day off, i do (like my kid was sick one day last week).
  • johaleesi
    johaleesi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So far I plan to work out 7 days a week
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Doing the Turbo Fire program. Which ranges from 15 minutes to 55 per session
  • iplayoutside19
    Options
    My planned work out Tuesday through Friday most weeks because that coinsides with my work schedule. Two days of cardio and two days of weights. Then on Saturday thru Monday I try to wok in unscheduled workouts, like going for a walk.

That's another point to clarify. I have planned workout time, but then I might do a physical activity that I don't call working out.
    Also, I alternate weeks in which I have my priorities. Since history tells me I'll lose a work out. If one week my missed work out is cardio, the next week I make sure I get all my cardio and make sure my missed work out is strength training...and so on.
  • iplayoutside19
    Options

That's another point to clarify. I have planned workout time, but then I might do a physical activity that I don't call working out.
    Also, I alternate weeks in which I have my priorities. Since history tells me I'll lose a work out. If one week my missed work out is cardio, the next week I make sure I get all my cardio and make sure my missed work out is strength training...and so on.
  • RockCreak
    Options
    I work out 3-4 times a week. I'm fortunate to get to work with trainers free at my gym. Currenlty focusing on meeting my goals with Reps before increasing the weights. This is only the end of the second week for me so maybe in about another 2wks I will increase the weights to make it a little more intense.

I'm also working on my cardio....laawwwdd knows I can't catch my breath on those things.

Running...forget about it. Not ready yet! :tongue:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    when i started MFP it was my goal to work out 3x's a week. As I made it a habit I have been able to increase my workouts to 6 days a week. I think you have to listen to your body. You don't want to do anything too strenuous and then be out of commission because you overexerted yourself.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    I aim for 5 days of walking for 1 hour at a brisk pace usually outside in the frozen tundra we call Vermont . I usually do 6. Then there is the fun stuff like snow shoeing and ice skating ( we have a rink in the back yard) sledding etc. It so much better when its fun.
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    I've been trying to do a little something everday but yesterday I just couldn't muster up any energy to do anything. Even if I am just doing sit ups & jumping jacks or playing a Wii game, I feel like I'm doing something productive & more than I was doing before I started my weight loss journey. I am certainly feel better about myself when I do do something & feel like I'm one step closer to reaching my goals.