Foods you can eat a lot of for 100 calories or less?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Edy's Outshine frozen fruit pops. 60-80 calories depending on the flavor, a bit of nutrition, big enough you feel like you're getting a real treat, and no artificial sweeteners. (I'm not trying to start the argument about their safety AGAIN, but I hate the way they taste.)

I love those too. Have some peach mango in my freezer that I'll be snacking on this week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Edy's Outshine frozen fruit pops. 60-80 calories depending on the flavor, a bit of nutrition, big enough you feel like you're getting a real treat, and no artificial sweeteners. (I'm not trying to start the argument about their safety AGAIN, but I hate the way they taste.)

Most are 45 calories now, I think they changed them and added veggies.

I must be the odd one out but 99% of the suggestions here wouldn't fill me up at all if I was really hungry enough for a snack. 100 calories just doesn't cut it, lol.
  • dottyb1tchmouse
    dottyb1tchmouse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots (about 30 = 100) or grape tomatoes (about 50).
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Watermelon!

Snap peas - They are like crack, and I can never eat 100 calories worth of them!

There are these skinny breadsticks in the fancy breadstick section of the grocery store: Alessi Grissini Torinesi. They come in a box with 5 packages inside. They take a while to eat, are very crunchy, and look all fancy b/c they are skinny and long. They are less than 100 calories.

Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack Sticks -- each one has 45 calories and tastes like naughty naughty sausage!

1/2 an ounce of pistachios ( I think?) they also take a while to shell, so that 100 calories takes a while.
  • mskeeys
    mskeeys Posts: 6
    Options
    Subbing.

I love fresh pineapple for a snack. A cup of diced fresh pineapple is about 80 calories and I feel pretty full afterwards!
  • you can eat 2 cups of sugar snap peas for 80 calories.
  • annadjanssen
    annadjanssen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What kind of ice cream sandwich has the lowcals. I am a fool for them
    Skinny cow has ice cream sandwiches that are super yummy
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I eat half of a Quest bar for 95 calories and it fills me up pretty well as a snack and I get the added benefit of both carbs and protein. I try not to eat added sugar at night so this makes a good dessert for me. If I have room I'll add a little fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Kelli0453
    Kelli0453 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    maryjay52 wrote: »
    i have two tupperware containers with seven sections to them each.. i fill them up with all kinds of healthy veggies and some fruit for a salad bar .. if im not in the mood for spring greens then ill grab some of the veggies and fill my plate up and munch away

Awesome idea! Thanks!!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Plain, sautéed mushrooms.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I find eating 100 calories of butter, fills me for WAAAAAAY longer than eating 100 calories of raisins, or lettuce, or pretzels, or bananas, or anything really. But, that's just me.

Or peanut butter... YUM!
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favourite <100 kcal snack (more of a meal, for me) is baby sweetcorn or green beans with sour cream and chive dip. I make the dip with reduced fat sour cream and chop chives up into it, then leave in the fridge overnight. An entire packet of baby sweetcorn or green beans with 50g of the dip is just under 100 kcal.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    KittyLizz wrote: »
    lite aeroplane jelly, so many different flavours and it's 7 calories for one serving!

^^ They're really good! Add some fruit into the jello mixture before refrigerating for a filling guilt free snack :)
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    special k choc+ raspberry cereal bars. 97 cal
    1 pint of jelly(jello) 40 cal.add half tin of fruit salad.83cal.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with rice cakes. Orrrrrr Quaker mini rice cakes. You can eat an entire bag for 330 calories.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    a medium sized potato is very filling and under 100 cals
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    popcorn. regular or kettle corn.
  • starryeyed251
    starryeyed251 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love string cheese and grape tomatoes - I peel my string cheese into strips and wrap around the individual tomatoes, IF I'm feeling fancy I'll add a fresh basil leaf around the tomato too :-)
    I also love nonfat cottage cheese mixed with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers - add a teeny bit of salt and pepper and I'm a happy girl.
    For crunch, Skinny Pop popcorn and the Real Deal Veggie Chips are fantastic!